Home

Addition of Little Things....

This is a discussion on Addition of Little Things.... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2018, 09:40 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Addition of Little Things....

Also, I think it would be awesome to be able to see certain player stats represented by a line graph. Maybe it could be seen by hitting R1 after the salary info on the player card. For example a graph showing a players monthly batting average, home runs by month, or maybe ERA by month. Shown by season, it could show how inconsistent players have been during the course of a season, how subject they are to hot and cold streaks, as well as how long they last.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:15 PM   #34
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

1. Record of individual performances over the course of the season in a player profile. If not by game (there's 162), by series. Summarise, maybe list the teams he likes hitting or pitching against the most according to his success against them.

@ Braves..... 4 H .... 3 RBI .... 2 K ....
Brewers ...... 2 H .... 1 RBI .... 5 K ....

** Kershaw has given up 2 hits in 4 games against the Pirates this season
** Bellinger has 3 HR's in 2 games against the Mets in 2018

2. List the record of my team against every other, saves having to trawl through the schedule.

Braves (6 Games)
@ Braves 2-5
@ Braves 4-1
Braves 2-2
etc.

Like others have said, all of this data is already there. It's just a matter of finding ways to surface it in a way that helps the player.
Old 10-02-2018, 06:39 PM   #35
Rookie

kaptainkarl76's Arena

OVR: 1

I'd love to hear the name of the pitcher warming up in the bullpen..Now, Matt V. will just say "And now their closer is warming up in the bullpen" or "They have a right-hander warming up in the bullpen" - I know they will do an occasional cut-scene into the bullpen (which generally shows only the opposing team and not "your" team)

Do pitchers always wear a jacket when they reach base? The only time I haven't seen a pitcher wear a jacket on base in this game was during a day game..However, I'm not a National League player, so I am not sure how consistent this is, but I have yet to see a night game where the pitcher isn't wearing a jacket

Things in the sky, other than clouds, would be a nice touch (an occasional flock of birds flying over..a plane off in the distance..a blimp..)

Game logs for each player in franchise..I'd like to see how a particular player has been doing over a stretch..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2018, 09:42 AM   #36
Pro

I would like to see how batter fair against certain pitchers before making out the lineup. To often do I get in a game and see one of my batters hitting 1-31 against a certain pitcher but it’s too late to do anything because we’ve already started the game
Old 10-04-2018, 07:29 AM   #37
Rookie

Getting the two outfield umpires for postseason play would be a nice presentation touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-04-2018, 12:35 PM   #38
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8

I'd like to see a toning down of some things.

Less rage when the situation isn't that dire when a K happens.

The catcher patting his chest and pointing at the pitcher is bad in two ways. First of all, this never happens that dramatically. The catcher will simply stick his glove out and nod once. Secondly, in The Show it only happens on pitches that are on the edge, despite where the catcher called for it. It should happen on balls thrown close to the catchers target, which should include outside the zone.

That's when I really see it happening in real life, pitches outside on an 0-2 or 1-2 count on a dangerous hitter. The pitcher doesn't need encouragement when he gets a strike on a good hitter, he needs it when he misses a strike but hits the target and the catcher lets him know that the pitch was good.

More subtlety could do this game a lot of good.

#2 in your program, #1 in our hearts. You will be missed, Red.

- Rick Wise
Old 10-06-2018, 12:28 AM   #39
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunselpower32
I'd like to see a toning down of some things.

Less rage when the situation isn't that dire when a K happens.
I could also use less of my pitchers doing a twirl off the mound after nearly every strikeout
Old 10-06-2018, 12:30 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

A way to do mass substitutions in spring training would be nice instead of having to go in to the substitution menu each individual time. I usually sub out all my starters at once so that would make things easier

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »