Home

MLB The Show 19 First Impressions Thread (IMPRESSIONS ONLY)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 19 First Impressions Thread (IMPRESSIONS ONLY) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2019, 11:58 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 19: First Impressions Thread (IMPRESSIONS ONLY)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayman
Gameplay is top notch though, have barely seen any hits back up the middle which I think was more the cause of pitchers getting hit too often vs an inability to get out of the way. Haven't had any dribblers in front of the plate yet which used to happen constantly. Liking the fielding throw meter way more than I used to.

I actually had 2 hits go up the middle against the Tigers. One of them Fulmer jumped out of the way which led to a single. The other one....... he caught it and stared me down. It was incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-23-2019, 12:28 PM   #10
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

Spoiler

Still playing the default Sawx vs. Dodgers game as the game installs, so very early. Feels a lot like '18 but that's not a bad thing as '18 played great on the field. Got a bloop single with Betts and then was robbed of an RBI double with JD as the ball bounced into the RF seats for a grounds rule double. Then of course I didn't get the runs in as I struke out and popped out. Excited to play as my Yanks soon!

Already had to mute the music. Yikes.

About 75% done installing as I type. I can't wait to get in and check the rosters, as that's what I always do first.
Old 03-23-2019, 02:38 PM   #11
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

Played a few games and the game is amazing on the field, which is to be expected. The new cutscenes and animations are really good. I had a pregame animation with Haniger signing baseball's and tossing them to fans and it looked great.

For Yankee fans: Gleyber, Frazier, Andujar, Lasagna, and Adams all have face scans. Didi finally got a new stance and his own no-doubt HR motion. They updated Tanaka's motion. It's still not perfect, but it's MUCH better from the stretch than his old motion.

I started a March to October with the Yanks and the intro video driving home all the Red Sox stuff was a but much, but whatever. I started on opening day and Paxton was pitching. Strike 1. Gleyber wasn't the starting 2B, Lemahieu was. Strike 2. All the stances, equipment and rosters are default, strike 3.

Didi was healthy as an ox and starting at SS. Lemahieu was leading off. Didi was batting 9th. Bird wasn't on the team and he will make the Yankees opening day roster in real life. There's no way to call up minor leaguers. Eh. It just won't work for how anal I can be with rosters, stances, motions and equipment.

But the mode is well done and I can see how some will enjoy it. It's just not for me.

Last edited by Rob_NYY; 03-23-2019 at 03:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2019, 05:31 PM   #12
Rookie

Arod2k9's Arena

OVR: 7
MLB 19: First Impressions Thread (IMPRESSIONS ONLY)

[ATTACH] Confirmation of purchase so I can post impressions.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9017.jpg (102.2 KB, 1098 views)
Old 03-23-2019, 06:36 PM   #13
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arod2k9
[ATTACH] Confirmation of purchase so I can post impressions.

Go for it.
Old 03-23-2019, 07:56 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0

I was able to pick it up today as well in NYC.
Only played one full game on legend everything and it's hard af. Started with pitch speed at 8 and had to lower it to 6. Game played well first game though I had no extra base hits. Will play more tonight and tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2019, 08:48 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Just had a play where Dodgers(Me) vs Angels (CPU) Pollock lined one to left and Upton misplayed the ball. He started coming in then realized he misplayed it and the ball sailed probably 15-20 ft over his head and rolled to the warning track.

Really liking the the new overlays and the overall look of this years game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2019, 09:15 PM   #16
Rookie

Arod2k9's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Go for it.

First of all this post is only on the player models. Also I have played the Show since 2009 on PS3 and understand that this dev team doesn’t reinvent the wheel so anyone expecting that will be underwhelmed. I’m going to keep this positive having played this game for 10 yrs now you tend to enjoy the little things of this game.

Just on graphical faces improvements goes game gets an A and it could’ve been an A+ if not for the Ronald Acuña Jr. face scan which is horrible. Maybe he didn’t want his face scan in the game. Anyways, I went over all teams including vets and rookies and the players looked tweaked for the better. Andrew Benintendi and Todd Frazier (finally has a face scan) stand out. I’m extremely happy to see refinements by artist on the models. I do want to add that Yankees youngsters look amazing Torres, Andujar, Montgomery, Adams and Frazier.

I have 2 kids and can’t play until later in the night where I’ll post impressions on other graphic refinements and gameplay improvements.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »