Home

True Analog Manual Fielding-Meter/ No Feedback

This is a discussion on True Analog Manual Fielding-Meter/ No Feedback within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2019, 06:03 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
True Analog Manual Fielding-Meter/ No Feedback

Well, as we all know, the Pure Analog throwing for defense was a little wonky the first couple weeks, but that is all behind us now, and I have a brand new love...

When I switched back to Analog Fielding, and used the Meter, you got the green or red meter feedback to let you know what the accuracy and the strength of the throw was. This was a nice way to learn how hard to press, where the sweet spot was for each fielder, and basically, gave you immediate feedback on what was going to happen. Maybe it pulled the first baseman off the bag, maybe the front half of the double play had the second baseman lunging for the ball, and an easy DP turned into two men on and nobody out....

Well.... now it is time to pull up your big-boy pants, and turn OFF the feedback.

Yep, you heard it right clean-screeners... Meter throwing, with input, direction and pressure still 100% important, but without the preview of what is about to happen.

That ground ball to third, crow hop, and a toss to first using Broadcast view, is a white-knuckle journey in the late innings, because without the glowing meter under the fielder, the only way you know if the throw was on-line and accurate, is when it arrives at the target.

As I continue to enjoy my clean-screen games, this little addition has added quite a sense of trepidation, as you are at the mercy of low-rated arms if you have them in the game for their offense. You also cannot undo a bad throw, or re-throw, as you were able to do with the meter on, as if the orange or red came up, you just try again...

Ahh... not so fast grasshopper. Without knowing the throw is bad, you can't re-throw, so you just have to let it fly, and what will be, shall be.

I have really enjoyed this new setting, and there is no going back.

Give it a shot manual fielders, and watch a whole new game unfold in front of you!
~syf
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »