Home

Any franchise fixes yet?

This is a discussion on Any franchise fixes yet? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2019, 11:29 AM   #1
Do Your Job

TheBigTee's Arena

OVR: 1
Any franchise fixes yet?

I saw The Show 19 is on sale at Target for $39.99. I’d be interested in picking up the game if they have fixed or intend to fix any of their franchise issues (pitchers batting DH, poor trade and free agency logic, contracts undervalued, and arbitration salary issues). Have any of these been fixed or is there any word from SDS that they intend to fix anything with franchise mode?

I’ve tried to read patch notes when available but have yet to see anything geared towards franchise computer logic. Do you guys think any of these fixes are coming?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2019, 01:13 PM   #2
Rookie

Ace2734's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Any franchise fixes yet?

While I think The Show is the best sports game on the market, franchise is still pretty much a DIY (do it yourself) effort. 30 team control with OSFM rosters is the way to go otherwise it’s definitely a flawed but still fun experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2019, 02:23 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 6

I was wondering the same thing as OP. Looking like I’ll just stick to MLB 18

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-06-2019, 02:42 PM   #4
MVP

Any franchise fixes yet?

The AI not making defensive upgrade replacements late in games is another one that bugs me a bit, and I’m not sure but I don’t think they bring in strategic pinch hitters (R/L matchups) either, to say nothing about how they don’t bring in backups during ST games. I feel like they’ll get around to fixing these just hope it’s not a restart your franchise thing because I’m in way too deep for that noise.

Edit: I also think it’s imperative they tweak AI lineup logic to reflect the modern state of baseball. It’s getting really old seeing them hit a speedy guy lead off and the best hitter third in every lineup like it’s still 2002.

Last edited by Detroit Tigers; 05-06-2019 at 02:45 PM.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:19 PM   #5
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
The AI not making defensive upgrade replacements late in games is another one that bugs me a bit, and I’m not sure but I don’t think they bring in strategic pinch hitters (R/L matchups) either, to say nothing about how they don’t bring in backups during ST games. I feel like they’ll get around to fixing these just hope it’s not a restart your franchise thing because I’m in way too deep for that noise.

Edit: I also think it’s imperative they tweak AI lineup logic to reflect the modern state of baseball. It’s getting really old seeing them hit a speedy guy lead off and the best hitter third in every lineup like it’s still 2002.
So while I agree the AI should reflect modern day baseball trends......this trend has not helped hitting in the major leagues. In fact hitting has never been worse. Situational hitting is hot garbage in Major League baseball today.

I still control all 30 teams lineups and still put the speedy guy up first, great contact guys second....boppers/great hitters etc 3-4-5-6.

Base stealing and bunting are lost arts too while we are at it LOL.

In fact in my own Year 3 Yankees franchise I may move down Judge to 4th because of how much he is striking out for me this season. I can't have that out of my second batter. I need contact to move Trea Turner or drive him in from second base (Yeah I steal with him...a lot).

All good. But I agree in principal on CPU AI.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2019, 03:40 PM   #6
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

That's what I've been doing the past 2 or 3 years. I'm 100% a franchise guy. I don't see any need in buying the game on day 1. I wait until a 2nd version opening day OSFM roster is released along with a number of patches that fix major problems. I play the previous year's game and will still be playing '18 until the glaring problems in '19 are fixed. You can buy the game at a lower price and not have to keep restarting the season once you start.
Old 05-06-2019, 04:35 PM   #7
MVP

Any franchise fixes yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
So while I agree the AI should reflect modern day baseball trends......this trend has not helped hitting in the major leagues. In fact hitting has never been worse. Situational hitting is hot garbage in Major League Baseball today

Haha yeah I hear that. But that could be reflective of all the spraychart shifting opposed to anything related to lineup slot. and speaking of, shifting is something else the AI doesn’t do enough of. They only shift on extreme pull guys; irl teams seem like they’re shifting on basically everyone who isn’t a “whole field” guy. Don’t need to see some kind of shift on 75% of hitters but it would be nice to see some teams shift at rates like that some games.

Edit: Also it’s less that there’s anything “wrong” with the “old book,” it’s more just bothersome/annoying that there’s virtually nothing of the “new book” reflected by the AI, with the single exception of shifting on extreme pull hitters.

Last edited by Detroit Tigers; 05-06-2019 at 04:42 PM.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:12 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

It would certainly be cool if different managers employed different strategies.

Managers with ratings reflective of how quickly they went to the bullpen, how often they go with pinch hitters or defensive substitutions, how willing they were to shift, whether they favored an old-school or new-school lineup, etc. would add a ton of depth.

Might be a PITA to actually implement, but I’d argue it’s worth it.

Of course, worth it for me and other people who play a lot vs. CPU is not the same as worth it for people who emphasize head-to-head online play.

This sort of thing really makes me wish sports titles weren’t exclusive. Competition allows for different games to cater to different types of players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »