Home

Double play city.

This is a discussion on Double play city. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2019, 04:04 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Double play city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
The joke is how it plays so radically different in the field versus on the basepaths. You can pretty much cover the entire outfield without ever having to dive with a modestly fast outfielder, and almost any middle infielder can get to a ball up the middle without issue. Now place these guys on the basepaths and they move like they're dragging weights.
not entirely sure what else it would break but try fielder speed at 3 & baserunner speed at 7.

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2019, 09:15 PM   #26
Rookie

edeadstroke's Arena

OVR: 1

Hit into four (4) DPs in six inning on the Sporer vs Clutch Moments scenerio, some how still won 2 - 0. I was on a verge of meltdown. Breathe...breathe...keep pitching well and you still have a chance.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:26 PM   #27
Rookie

VeganRob's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator87AC
There is a ton of strategy to hitting, it is so much deeper than most people realize. Someone wrote a full guide to it awhile ago but basically whenever you're hitting with a man on first and less than 2-outs, you should never commit to a hit without pressing up (or aiming low if zone). If facing a sinkerballer, you never commit without pressing up and using contact swing. If in a pitchers count (say, 0-2 or 1-2) with a low contact hitter, all you're trying to do is slap the ball oppo pressing up and out.

Those are just some basic scenarios but once you start going into every at-bat with a gameplan, DPs will decrease to realistic amounts (unless you're just having a bad game).

Thanks for the tip! I use directional hitting and exclusively use the X button to swing. I pressed up and normal when ahead in the count or up and contact when behind with runners on first with less than 2 outs and exploded with a 5 run inning just moving the guys around the bases without hitting into any DPs. It was great to be able to get some timely hits and manufacturing runs without relying on the long ball or doubles deep in the gaps (I’m currently in a bit of a power outage at the moment)

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »