Home

Defense is AWFUL

This is a discussion on Defense is AWFUL within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2019, 04:44 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Defense is AWFUL

well, I guess theres only 1 thing left to do:
Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator87AC
IMO the fielding is better than ever this year. The animations finally feel polished enough to be a representation of the play that's being made. I've also made some absolutely STUNNING plays on the dive. Errors will happen but they are not the norm (at least for me).
I use auto fielding so I assume that's why I dont have the problem others are seeing. I also assume most of the people with issues are using manual

A Work in Progress
Old 06-07-2019, 05:07 PM   #10
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

I use manual and have no problems at all. For me its the best it has ever been. One of the areas I have NO complaints with.

Actually besides the the DH thing and Spring Training, I have no problems with this game at all.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

Last edited by Bullit; 06-07-2019 at 05:11 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:35 PM   #11
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

OVR: 0

I use manual as well. Playing with the Jays right now, and given their putrid defense IRL, it doesn't surprise me when balls get him over peoples heads, or when they miss a grab.

The only defensive thing that I wasn't really into was the balls hit into the outfield that fielders would bobble. As long as I don't preload a throw with a bad fielder though, it doesn't seem to be a problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2019, 06:52 PM   #12
Rookie

Ace1234NY's Arena

OVR: 0

The errors feel a *bit* high for me. Guys really shouldn't miss fly balls. Like, it's one thing if they take a bad route and dont get to it. But they shouldn't get there only to have the ball bounce off their glove or miss the ball altogether. You don't really see professionals do that. The other thing is that I don't feel like the game properly accounts how far a throw is when calculating error chance. I'm seeing a lot of errors from a SS throwing to 2nd or a 2B throwing to 1st or 2nd. I try to stick my worst arm at 2B to protect against throwing errors. But it's like the game just bases error chance on throw accuracy without regard to the distance of the throw. I'm always in disbelief when my guy misses a 40 foot throw. But I don't see so many errors throwing across the diamond. I don't know.

Last edited by Ace1234NY; 06-07-2019 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:51 PM   #13
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace1234NY
The errors feel a *bit* high for me. Guys really shouldn't miss fly balls. Like, it's one thing if they take a bad route and dont get to it. But they shouldn't get there only to have the ball bounce off their glove of miss the ball altogether. You don't really see professionals do that. The other thing is that I don't feel like the game properly accounts how far a throw is when calculating error chance. I'm seeing a lot of errors from a SS throwing to 2nd or a 2B throwing to 1st or 2nd. I try to stick my worst arm at 2B to protect against throwing errors. But it's like the game just bases error chance on throw accuracy without regard to the distance of the throw. I'm always in disbelief when my guy misses a 40 foot throw. But I don't see so many errors throwing across the diamond. I don't know.
You should watch Clint Frazier play right field. Yikes!
Old 06-08-2019, 02:46 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

If youre gonna make a thread about Defense being bad, then the great IgotSyphillis must respond. So...…"Defense is AWFUL." I like the use of capital letters. Shows me that you aint playing around. Obviously lets get one thing down straight off the bat. I will not be like the others on this thread and compare my defensive experiences with yours. Because everyone here knows I'm at a minimum at least 394 times better than you at this game. We've gone over this. I'm on a 4 year undefeated streak of never losing a game. Not just MLB The Show. Im also undefeated at NBA 2k19, NHL 19, Coach K College Basketball, Blades of Steel, Mario Golf 64, WrestleMania 2000, Battle Chess, and contests on whose poop smells the most like coconut oil. Im great at everything. I'm like a real life version of AC Slater. Youre like Screech. (excluding the chess episode and the cadet core episode) Its ok. Lets move on.

I am not here to insult. I am here to teach. Best way to avoid errors....stop playing. Youre not me. I don't make errors. One time when I was 6 years old I dropped my sno-cone in some dirt and decided the best way to clean it was putting it under hot water. That wasn't an error. That was the day I created rainbow flavored water. But we've already discussed my being the greatest human being alive, lets move on.

Back on topic, how to play better defense. It's simple. You ever see the movie Freaky Friday. When 2 people switch bodies and become somebody else? Find out how to do that in real life. Become me. And you will piss excellence. Until then, since defense has been the basically the exact same in this game since 2006, you can finally after 13 years accept its flawed for regular humans like yourself and deal with it.

"Everyday I wake up and look out the window, I feel sad. Cause I see all these people out there, and none of them will ever be as great as me" - Ya boy Syphillis
Old 06-08-2019, 03:12 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

I realise a lot of people prefer not to adjust sliders, that can lead to a never-ending endeavor unto itself. but for those unsatisfied with fielding and do adjust fielding sliders, are you telling me when adjusted to 0-4, fielding is still trash?

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2019, 10:29 AM   #16
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgotSyphillis
If youre gonna make a thread about Defense being bad, then the great IgotSyphillis must respond. So...…"Defense is AWFUL." I like the use of capital letters. Shows me that you aint playing around. Obviously lets get one thing down straight off the bat. I will not be like the others on this thread and compare my defensive experiences with yours. Because everyone here knows I'm at a minimum at least 394 times better than you at this game. We've gone over this. I'm on a 4 year undefeated streak of never losing a game. Not just MLB The Show. Im also undefeated at NBA 2k19, NHL 19, Coach K College Basketball, Blades of Steel, Mario Golf 64, WrestleMania 2000, Battle Chess, and contests on whose poop smells the most like coconut oil. Im great at everything. I'm like a real life version of AC Slater. Youre like Screech. (excluding the chess episode and the cadet core episode) Its ok. Lets move on.

I am not here to insult. I am here to teach. Best way to avoid errors....stop playing. Youre not me. I don't make errors. One time when I was 6 years old I dropped my sno-cone in some dirt and decided the best way to clean it was putting it under hot water. That wasn't an error. That was the day I created rainbow flavored water. But we've already discussed my being the greatest human being alive, lets move on.

Back on topic, how to play better defense. It's simple. You ever see the movie Freaky Friday. When 2 people switch bodies and become somebody else? Find out how to do that in real life. Become me. And you will piss excellence. Until then, since defense has been the basically the exact same in this game since 2006, you can finally after 13 years accept its flawed for regular humans like yourself and deal with it.

"Everyday I wake up and look out the window, I feel sad. Cause I see all these people out there, and none of them will ever be as great as me" - Ya boy Syphillis
You are like Milos the tennis pro on Seinfeld.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »