Home

Most Intriguing Franchise in Show 20?

This is a discussion on Most Intriguing Franchise in Show 20? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2020, 05:46 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Most Intriguing Franchise in Show 20?

Tbh this is prob an unpopular opinion but how bout the yankees? With the money and the pressure from fans to win this year and to build back this franchise to a dynasty would be great. Yes you have pieces but paying everyone when their arbitration is up would be interesting. Unrealistic but could you move stanton? Happs contract? What can you get for Frazier? Can you fend off Tampa, The Sox, the upcoming jays? Again prob not popular but i think there r some good story lines.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2020, 07:38 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 18

Once Luis Robert plays on Opening Day and Ridin releases his rosters shortly after SCEA adds him, it’s going to be a fun season with the White Sox. Can’t wait!
Old 01-08-2020, 08:05 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyb6
Tbh this is prob an unpopular opinion but how bout the yankees? With the money and the pressure from fans to win this year and to build back this franchise to a dynasty would be great. Yes you have pieces but paying everyone when their arbitration is up would be interesting. Unrealistic but could you move stanton? Happs contract? What can you get for Frazier? Can you fend off Tampa, The Sox, the upcoming jays? Again prob not popular but i think there r some good story lines.
gonna be strange not gooing against C.C. this year. that guy always killed me, even last year. I never hit lefties well much anyways, sure wish he would have spent the last 10-11 years in Milwaukee and away from the Orioles. Now Cole will be terrorising my O's, I'm out of the frying pan, and into the fire. Glad to Didi and Dellin leave the Bronx too and hoping the Yanks dont break down over the next few weeks and bring back Ellsbury or Gardner either. Haven't had a lot of succes against those two either. I figure DJ's Overall will be thru the roof and continue to be an even greater thorn in my side. between the Yanks BoSox and Rays, and Toronto with full of unlimited potential, I couldn't pick a harder division to compete in. And its still the only division I've never won outright, though I have managed to squeeze a wildcard out of the Orioles. You almost have to be a masochist/sadist to compete in the AL East lol

A Work in Progress
Old 01-08-2020, 09:33 PM   #28
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
gonna be strange not gooing against C.C. this year. that guy always killed me, even last year. I never hit lefties well much anyways, sure wish he would have spent the last 10-11 years in Milwaukee and away from the Orioles. Now Cole will be terrorising my O's, I'm out of the frying pan, and into the fire. Glad to Didi and Dellin leave the Bronx too and hoping the Yanks dont break down over the next few weeks and bring back Ellsbury or Gardner either. Haven't had a lot of succes against those two either. I figure DJ's Overall will be thru the roof and continue to be an even greater thorn in my side. between the Yanks BoSox and Rays, and Toronto with full of unlimited potential, I couldn't pick a harder division to compete in. And its still the only division I've never won outright, though I have managed to squeeze a wildcard out of the Orioles. You almost have to be a masochist/sadist to compete in the AL East lol

They’ve already locked up Gardy on a 1+1 (team option) deal through 2021

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-08-2020, 09:52 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLamm
They’ve already locked up Gardy on a 1+1 (team option) deal through 2021

ah, well maybe Aaron Hicks durability in the Show will be really low. I guess I'll have to hope for that when I'm Orioles vs Yankees. Now if Boston will just go ahead and trade Mookie Betts away. The best I can hope for there is the Red Sox getting prospects for him and they dont contribute in 2020. Worst case scenario: 3 team megatrade between Boston, Cubs & Cleveland, with Lindor, Betts & Bryant playing musical chairs.

A Work in Progress
Old 01-09-2020, 01:27 AM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariner690
Of course. Obviously this is my opinion and is up for debate.

Pirates Rebuild-They are coming off a horrific season where they lost 93 games, their Ace is out for 2020 with TJ and their best trade asset is in jail likely never to pitch again. They fired their President, GM and manager. They have not won a non wild card playoff series since 1979 and play in one of the best ballparks in the game. They have an average farm system and a small budget adding to the challenge. This is also the only team entering year 1 of their rebuild. The first question for the Pirates is what to do with Josh Bell?

Orioles are the biggest challenge- Baltimore has the worst roster in MLB by far. They are going the nuclear tanking route like the Astros did when Ellis was in Houston. They also play in a division with two teams likely in the top 10 in New York who signed Cole and Tampa Bay who has the #1 prospect in MLB. The Red Sox still have a loaded roster and always spend money. And Toronto has an amazing core of young hitters who are up and coming. The Orioles have a decent farm system but need about 6 more Rutschman’s before they can even dream of competing for the division. Mancini and Means may be the only 2 players on the Orioles who would even make the 26 man roster for Boston, New York, Tampa Bay or Toronto. The first question for the Orioles is what current players will be around when the rebuild is complete?

A’s Best Roster- I am not saying the A’s are the most talented team in MLB rather the most enjoyable. The A’s have almost everything you desire in a roster. They have MVP candidates and Gold Glovers in Chapman and Semien. Sluggers in Olson and Davis. An outfielder with a cannon in Luereano. A couple young fire ballers in Luzardo and Puk. A couple soft tossers in Manaea and Fiers. And a young stud catcher in Murphy. The A’s are also one of the few teams without an albatross contract. The only thing the roster is really missing is a base stealer but those are going the way of the dinosaur. The first question for the A’s is what player do I sign to an extension?

Excellent break down! I agree with your assessment which is why I started one with the O’s. The Pirates are a great option but I just can’t bring myself to play as them given my hatred for them.

Old 01-09-2020, 01:34 PM   #31
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by millertime98
Excellent break down! I agree with your assessment which is why I started one with the O’s. The Pirates are a great option but I just can’t bring myself to play as them given my hatred for them.

Agreed.

I'm surprised there's not more talk about the Giants on here. I suppose it probably has to do with the whole "3 in 6" thing, but to me, that's a pretty tough franchise to rebuild.

Their highest value non-prospect is Moronta, and he only has a $11.2 mil surplus value. That's gotta be one of the lowest "MLB high's" in the league.

You've got Bart (proj. 2021), Luciano (2023), Ramos (2021), and Bishop (2022), but that's pretty much it when it comes to potential game-changing prospects, meaning that it'll be almost impossible to offload any of the 8 negatively valued contracts.

Lots of potential money when some of these bad contracts go away, but that's a tough division to be stagnant in for a couple of years.

Fun stadium to play in as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2020, 05:18 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
Agreed.

I'm surprised there's not more talk about the Giants on here. I suppose it probably has to do with the whole "3 in 6" thing, but to me, that's a pretty tough franchise to rebuild.

Their highest value non-prospect is Moronta, and he only has a $11.2 mil surplus value. That's gotta be one of the lowest "MLB high's" in the league.

You've got Bart (proj. 2021), Luciano (2023), Ramos (2021), and Bishop (2022), but that's pretty much it when it comes to potential game-changing prospects, meaning that it'll be almost impossible to offload any of the 8 negatively valued contracts.

Lots of potential money when some of these bad contracts go away, but that's a tough division to be stagnant in for a couple of years.

Fun stadium to play in as well.

Excellent point. Now that MadBum is gone it will make it that much more difficult to rebuild as you can’t trade him for top level prospects. The rebuild with the Giants is probably my # 1 NL project over the winter with the Orioles and Tigers as the AL teams. I’m one who does 30 tram control to insure there are no dumb trades but I wonder if it’s too ambitious or tedious to try to do more than one team at a time and rebuild them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »