Home

Wanted to share this with you guys. Manually Played every game w Cubs. HOF, pics att

This is a discussion on Wanted to share this with you guys. Manually Played every game w Cubs. HOF, pics att within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2020, 02:25 PM   #9
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Wanted to share this with you guys. Manually Played every game w Cubs. HOF, pics

I'm not crazy I don't think.....but I just restarted MLB 19, did a fantasy draft with the Indians, went mostly for younger players, and I'm attempting to play every pitch of every game (continuing when MLB 20 comes out)...... I think it will be pretty satisfying.

However, I am 50 years old with kids and a full time job....
Old 01-16-2020, 03:09 PM   #10
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Wanted to share this with you guys. Manually Played every game w Cubs. HOF, pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrtelford
I normally burn out after restarting a season twice, and get to maybe 90 games in. I refuse to sim (thats my own weird hangup) but I did it this year. Played every game, HOF difficulty. Pretty much default sliders. I wrote everything down like I used to in the 90's, really enjoyed it. Finished this in Oct. But wanted to share it with you guys here. Hope you find it somewhat interesting. Hope Next year's show improves on a great playing game. As you see in the pics I tied Brewers and beat them in a one game play in. I have more pics I just randomly chose a few.
Always wanted to do this but with Madden, FIFA, NHL, etc. I dont know if I'll have the time.

One thing I am curious about, you said you beat Milwaukee in game 163 but youre notebook shows you in the Wild Card Game and Milwaukee in the NLDS vs Atlanta?
Old 01-16-2020, 08:24 PM   #11
Rookie

zrtelford's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
Always wanted to do this but with Madden, FIFA, NHL, etc. I dont know if I'll have the time.

One thing I am curious about, you said you beat Milwaukee in game 163 but youre notebook shows you in the Wild Card Game and Milwaukee in the NLDS vs Atlanta?

I was wrong, I lost to the brewers. So they won the division, I dropped to the WC. So it was a 1 game play in where the loser still made playoffs...Im older now 45, so my memory is going ha. I had to go look at my notebook, thanks for correcting me.

Last edited by zrtelford; 01-16-2020 at 08:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2020, 12:47 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
...Im older now 45, so my memory is going ha. I had to go look at my notebook, thanks for correcting me.
and that's why we do the notetaking

A Work in Progress
Old 01-17-2020, 12:32 PM   #13
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I couldn't run, just like the real Cubs, but I did hit a lot of HR. I never experienced a HR shortage thats for sure.
Did you make any significant trades?
Old 01-18-2020, 01:43 AM   #14
Rookie

zrtelford's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaj315
Did you make any significant trades?
No, not the first season. I played with pretty much the cubs, I even sent Castellanos to my team when the cubs did. I did start year 2, but i was burnt out, I only got 15 games in. In the off season heading into season 2, I kept bryant, traded schwarber to the padres, for bullpen help, yates, and took will myers as well in the deal. Other major move was lester for robby ray.
Old 01-18-2020, 02:45 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 6

Love it! writing down the scores. there is something special in that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2020, 02:06 PM   #16
Rookie

DirtBallNation's Arena

OVR: 0

Kudos to you man. I always wanted to play all innings of a season once and record stats but I never make it past the first two months. I get burnt out on playing and just want to advance the seasons. Great work!

GREEN BAY PACKERS

MILWAUKEE BUCKS

WISCONSIN BADGERS

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »