Home

OS Roundtable: Excitement Level for MLB The Show 20?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Excitement Level for MLB The Show 20? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2020, 10:44 PM   #33
Rookie

OUSOONERS#1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OS Roundtable: Excitement Level for MLB The Show 20?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Yep I pretty much have felt the same way the last 3 or 4 versions of the game.

Most likely I will be sort of excited day 1 when setting the game to my liking and and playing the first game or 2. And then I will start to realize pretty quickly that the PS4 is getting old and MLB The Show 20 is not much better or different then 19 or even 18 and so on. And I will be thinking dam I have a whole year before MLB The Show 21 on PS5 comes out lol

But it's still baseball and I still enjoy 19 so 20 can't be any worse.

The good news is I am sure SDS has big plans for next gen baseball some of which may blow us all away!!!
You say that but I’m not convinced they won’t port mlb 20 over to the Ps5 as that’s exactly what they did with the PS4 cause the player models are ps3 renderings jus updated cloth on the players . The AI they have used this PS4 generation is not been much better then the ps3 either .. As legacy issues has not been fixed at all this entire PS4 run .. If they do not build new player models or fix the logic of the AI it’s not gonna be any different on the PS5 then it has been on the PS4 to me .. Presentation needs overhauled as well and I hope 🤞 fingers crossed they actually work on franchise mode for Ps5 .....
Old 03-10-2020, 11:21 PM   #34
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

I think the rebranding will add some fun to the game. I loved the added pre-pitch presentation they added last year, looking forward to see what more has been added, love the full rosters and am sure gameplay will be as good as it’s ever been for me. So, I’m ready to get lost in franchise as it’s all I play.
Old 03-11-2020, 12:01 AM   #35
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERS#1
You say that but I’m not convinced they won’t port mlb 20 over to the Ps5 as that’s exactly what they did with the PS4 cause the player models are ps3 renderings jus updated cloth on the players . The AI they have used this PS4 generation is not been much better then the ps3 either .. As legacy issues has not been fixed at all this entire PS4 run .. If they do not build new player models or fix the logic of the AI it’s not gonna be any different on the PS5 then it has been on the PS4 to me .. Presentation needs overhauled as well and I hope �� fingers crossed they actually work on franchise mode for Ps5 .....
Agreed, I'm not saying it definitively but usually first releases on a new gen console are very much a port outside a few under the hood shiny bells. In some cases LESS features and modes (ps2-ps3 jump) but hopefully that won't be the case with how seamless the transition is supposed to be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2020, 12:10 AM   #36
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

I'm pretty chill about it actually. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to it, but I've taken on another playthrough of Horizon: Zero Dawn to pass the time to launch and I'm honestly more hyped about that right now.

Although that is mostly to do with the fact that Horizon: Zero Dawn is fantastic, it's been a long time since I played it, and I never played much of it on the PS4 pro before now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-11-2020, 03:46 PM   #37
Rookie

SilvioDante007's Arena

I'm ridiculously jacked up for the release. Every day I've called my local GameStop to make sure they're not going to close the store before Thursday night with all the Coronavirus stuff going on. They told me if I show up a little before 9pm they'll give me my copy so I won't be camped outside their door Friday morning
Old 03-11-2020, 03:50 PM   #38
MVP

Hmm I'm seriously thinking of buying a PS4 for this year's game...
Old 03-11-2020, 03:55 PM   #39
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

The addition of minor leaguers day one with full scans of top prospects has my excitement through the roof this year since I can start my franchise right away.
Old 03-11-2020, 04:06 PM   #40
Rookie

BeatArmy's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Whale
Very, very Low. Same deceptive Lines about "100+" new animations.

Heard since year 2010. Box score looks disgusting still.

I think there will be others as well that don't waste time with MLB 20.
Yup, I'm one of them. I've bought pretty much every one since '09 and this is the first year I don't care even a little. Only so much lipstick goes on a pig.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »