Home

Road To The Show Thread

This is a discussion on Road To The Show Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2020, 09:14 AM   #9
Rookie

adam42381's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Road To The Show Thread

I created a CF in the Red Sox organization. I got traded to the Mariners organization in June. I ended up hitting .388 with 62 homers for the season (All Star difficulty). I never got called up, even to AAA. Now I’m in the middle of May in season 2 and am hitting .415 with 24 home runs and 12 steals in AAA. I normally would have increased the difficulty level, but I wanted to see what it would take to get called up to the Majors.

I’ve never had it take this long. Does it ONLY take your overall rating into account? If so, the pace is ridiculously slow. Even with the insane stats I’m putting up, I’m still only a 70 overall. I started with the Willie Mays type if that matters. I accepted a position change to second base, but the manager moved me back to CF after a couple weeks. Any suggestions on what else I need to do (besides spending real money to purchase equipment)?
Old 03-19-2020, 12:42 PM   #10
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

Curious, since you made a second baseman, have you had a problem moving your player to second base to cover on steal attempts by the CPU?

Last night I was playing, the coach moved my player to 2nd from SS for two weeks. Over the course of 4-5 games, the CPU tried stealing second base numerous times and I was unable to move my player to cover 2nd base, I could start moving him toward the bag when the cone of light showed up but he would stop short and the catcher's throw would come directly to where he stopped (nowehere even close to the bag). And in each case, the SS did not cover either.

Have you seen this happen?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

PSN: hoos4974
Old 03-19-2020, 02:10 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam42381
I created a CF in the Red Sox organization. I got traded to the Mariners organization in June. I ended up hitting .388 with 62 homers for the season (All Star difficulty). I never got called up, even to AAA. Now I’m in the middle of May in season 2 and am hitting .415 with 24 home runs and 12 steals in AAA. I normally would have increased the difficulty level, but I wanted to see what it would take to get called up to the Majors.

I’ve never had it take this long. Does it ONLY take your overall rating into account? If so, the pace is ridiculously slow. Even with the insane stats I’m putting up, I’m still only a 70 overall. I started with the Willie Mays type if that matters. I accepted a position change to second base, but the manager moved me back to CF after a couple weeks. Any suggestions on what else I need to do (besides spending real money to purchase equipment)?

I just finished the first year with some ridiculous numbers and ended the season as a 76 ovr CF/OF and got offered $88K for AAA Starter. I'm much better than every single OF bench player and fairly even with the current MLB starter but with much more power and speed. I think they intentionally toned down the call ups. I've been called up during the first year for the past 5-6 (or more) versions of The Show.

Edit: Got invited to Spring Training after the first year in AA, let's see if I can hit my way to the Majors.

Last edited by kilmar1; 03-19-2020 at 03:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2020, 05:44 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well I made it home and got the Show and went in and made my Closer, drafted to the Tigers which I have read is pretty common this time, was the Orioles last year, and my journey begins.

made a Flamethrower with 4SFB, Splitter, Knuckle curve, gave him number 85 so it should stay with him as I make my way up and through different teams, have used 85 for the last couple of years and are used to it and haven't had it stolen off me.

Looking forward to making my way all the way up to the bigs.
Old 03-19-2020, 07:41 PM   #13
Rookie

adam42381's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilmar1
I just finished the first year with some ridiculous numbers and ended the season as a 76 ovr CF/OF and got offered $88K for AAA Starter. I'm much better than every single OF bench player and fairly even with the current MLB starter but with much more power and speed. I think they intentionally toned down the call ups. I've been called up during the first year for the past 5-6 (or more) versions of The Show.

Edit: Got invited to Spring Training after the first year in AA, let's see if I can hit my way to the Majors.
I got offered $83K. I agree it’s definitely toned down, which I get. I just wish it was numbers based because my guy would have been in the Majors by July/August of last season if he put up those stats in real life.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:57 PM   #14
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

I’m hoping next year we have the ability to turn off the base gains and relationship pop ups.

I think after a week into the season I understand that if I take a pitch outside of the strike zone I’m going to get an increase in Vision. Same with fielding a ground ball, I know I’ll get fielding and reaction increased.
Old 03-20-2020, 07:43 AM   #15
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Started a 3B on MLB 18 using the 1987 full minors roster and was drafted by the Yankees.

We are in year 2 in AA Trenton.

Some of my teammates are:

Deion Sanders
Bernie Williams
Jim Leyritz
Orestes Destrade.

I had a great year one, and was moved to RF but in year two they moved me back to 3B and I am hitting cleanup.

Love the new player relationships added to 20.

Will stream some of this RTTS this weekend.

Old school 80’s RTTS!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2020, 12:44 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

is anyone having trouble loading their RTTS? I carried mine over from last year on day 1 or 2 of early release, played a few games, no problem. After not touching it for a few days, decided to play it last night. It took forever to load(probably 5 minutes) and when it finally did load, it wanted me to create a new RTTS. Anyone else seeing this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »