Home

Road To The Show Thread

This is a discussion on Road To The Show Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2020, 09:47 AM   #169
Rookie

tanman05851's Arena

OVR: 0
Angry Re: Road To The Show Thread

How many of you have run into the situation where your player stops receiving training in June?Or did training continue as normal?What position?
I've got 4 pitchers imported-all stopped training in June.
Old 12-21-2020, 07:44 PM   #170
Rookie

tanman05851's Arena

Re: Road To The Show Thread

The caps are usually in the middle training category(which I can't remember).Some caps can take forever to show up however.
Old 12-22-2020, 09:20 AM   #171
Rookie

Doyoueven85's Arena

Does anyone know how to request a trade lol? I’m playing for Seattle and three years of 100 loses is getting old.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2020, 11:57 AM   #172
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyoueven85
Does anyone know how to request a trade lol? I’m playing for Seattle and three years of 100 loses is getting old.

Do not believe you can ask to be trading at any time you want. Sometimes your agent will contact you in the middle of the season and ask you if you are happy. Otherwise you might need to wait for the end of the season where I do believe you will be asked.
Old 01-11-2021, 01:21 PM   #173
Rookie

Doyoueven85's Arena

This is the first year I’ve played RTTS. I’m pretty much strictly franchise player. But I love it and hate it at the same time lol. I was reading through the site to do some research and I stumbled across a few members giving information that may explain my struggles. I play on HOF. So I just assumed that I would stay with it for RTTS. But some members have expressed the following. Let’s say as with me you wanted to play on HOF. Then technically you’re settings would be as follows.

AA: All Star
AAA: Hall of Fame
MLB: Legend

Is this true? And if so why doesn’t the settings option say this? It would certainly explain the lack of production with my player for sure. Should I start at a lower level so when the player actually reaches the majors he’s playing on the level I wanted to in the first place? Maybe dynamic difficulty would be worth trying?
Old 01-14-2021, 12:55 PM   #174
Rookie

tanman05851's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyoueven85
This is the first year I’ve played RTTS. I’m pretty much strictly franchise player. But I love it and hate it at the same time lol. I was reading through the site to do some research and I stumbled across a few members giving information that may explain my struggles. I play on HOF. So I just assumed that I would stay with it for RTTS. But some members have expressed the following. Let’s say as with me you wanted to play on HOF. Then technically you’re settings would be as follows.

AA: All Star
AAA: Hall of Fame
MLB: Legend

Is this true? And if so why doesn’t the settings option say this? It would certainly explain the lack of production with my player for sure. Should I start at a lower level so when the player actually reaches the majors he’s playing on the level I wanted to in the first place? Maybe dynamic difficulty would be worth trying?
Definitely try dynamic difficulty.You can always use the slider to lock yourself in at whatever level you like. Also there are gradients within levels you can play at.For example for years I played at All Star + right before it becomes HOF.
This year I"m just letting it go-I get up to Legend before getting pummelled and demoted to HOF+(running a bunch of pitchers.)I just made it back to Legend yesterday-will see how long I can stick around this time.
Old 02-12-2021, 08:16 PM   #175
MVP

OVR: 2

My Padres RTTS SP (created in MLBTS 17), on a nice sunny afternoon in early June in San Diego, in his 5th season in the majors (though his MLB service time is actually a little under 3 1/2 years), just threw a perfect game 2-0 shutout against the Miami Marlins. This is the first perfect game or no hitter for me ever in the MLB The Show series (been playing the game ever since MLBTS 12). I have come close within one inning in the past of a no hitter, but never came close to the perfect game ... until now. My guy struck out 10 and threw 117 pitches in his 9 inning appearance. For sure this was my best game pitching, but my guy also got a lot help from his teammate's defensive efforts at key moments of the game. Not once but twice in the game the 3B came up big on the hot corner and then in the 9th inning with one out the 2B covered a lot of ground to chase down a ground ball to preserve the perfect game. Yup the pitcher was hot, but this perfect game was a team effort.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »