Home

Road To The Show Thread

This is a discussion on Road To The Show Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2020, 03:24 PM   #17
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Road To The Show Thread

Created a SP flamethrower archetype. I expressed an interest in the Angels and lo and behold they drafted me in the 15th round. I'm currently 5th in the rotation for the Rocket City Trash Pandas. I'm not sure I want to be called up to AAA or The Show; the Trash Pandas' mascot and their uniforms are adorable.

Old 03-20-2020, 04:15 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu25rs
is anyone having trouble loading their RTTS? I carried mine over from last year on day 1 or 2 of early release, played a few games, no problem. After not touching it for a few days, decided to play it last night. It took forever to load(probably 5 minutes) and when it finally did load, it wanted me to create a new RTTS. Anyone else seeing this?
Are you using your sliders from last year? I had what you are describing and it ruined the saves, had to delete my saves and start over and make my sliders in 20, now all is good
Old 03-20-2020, 04:37 PM   #19
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
Created a SP flamethrower archetype. I expressed an interest in the Angels and lo and behold they drafted me in the 15th round. I'm currently 5th in the rotation for the Rocket City Trash Pandas. I'm not sure I want to be called up to AAA or The Show; the Trash Pandas' mascot and their uniforms are adorable.

best minor league team in baseball! Absolutely love the trash pandas branding.
Old 03-20-2020, 05:02 PM   #20
Rookie

sabastiane's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherman24
Well, I created a new guy since my carry over from the past three games freezes at the first game every time (kept the save in case this gets fixed). Anyway, I did the showcase and got drafted round 16 by marlins. Chose to go to college and try again. Thought it was odd my player didn’t progress in any stats and did the training showcase next year...complete with the same interactions from other players. I must have impressed cause I was drafted round 15 by the tigers. I like the immediate feedback, but some things are flat out stupid. For example, I had a 3-0 count and took a pitch and it was a strike and took a hit on plate vision. Really? I’m a teen in the minors and you want me to free swing on 3-0 counts? Those things bug the heck out of me.
I like to take the first pitch on a at bat and I get a negative almost everytime it’s in the strike zone on the first pitch.
Los Angeles Dodgers
Oregon Ducks
Arsenal
Old 03-20-2020, 11:21 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Cool, I'll try that, thanks!

Edit: that was to SandGroper, forgot to hit quote button
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2020, 07:10 AM   #22
Just started!

So last year on the show 19, i made a thrid baseman and got call up the same year by the Orioles. I played 54 gamed with them starting most of them and now i uploaded that save file that i have, and i'm on my second year starting at third base with a 78 Ovr and with only 19 yrs old.
Old 03-21-2020, 04:17 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 6

Finally became the starting CF in 2021 after playing AA for all of 2020 and ending at 76 OVR. Got invited to Spring Training and hit the cover off the ball and ended as 78 OVR. Rode the bench until I was higher OVR than the starting CF (sorry Aaron Hicks) on May 23, 2021.

Some observations. It looks like getting called up and starting is 100% all about OVR. I have OF/1B as my secondary position, so I played almost every game either starting at RF, LF, CF or 1B until I hit 82 OVR (Hicks is 81) and promptly replaced him. Also, your batting order in the lineup is also 100% stat based. I am leading the league in BA, RBI and HR, yet I am batting 7th vs LHP and 8th vs RHP. Funny thing is, when I wasn't in the starting lineup but started the game I would hit 3rd or 4th. Very strange. Also, equipment makes no difference with mananager's decision. I am. 93 OVR with my equipment and clearly the best hitter in the team and the best OF, but didn't start until I hit 82 OVR.

Edit: After another month of games, I've realized something else. The manager only has memory of your current series. I always start the series (or consecutive games) batting 7th due to my mid 60s contact (80+ PWR), hit well, next game moved to batting 5th, hit well, then moved to 3rd or cleanup. I sit due to low DUR or there's a day off, and I start at 7th again, hit well, move up to 5th, hit well, move to hitting 3rd. Cycle begins after another day off.

Hope this helps others with their call ups and becoming a starter.

Last edited by kilmar1; 03-21-2020 at 11:49 PM.
Old 03-21-2020, 05:02 PM   #24
Rookie

tanman05851's Arena

FYI-Over on The Show Nation people are reporting having trouble importing last years save.
Adam from SDS said "Please contact our support team and provide your affected save files so that we can investigate. Thank you."
I have not purchased yet so I can't put in my 2 cents.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »