Home

Road To The Show Thread

This is a discussion on Road To The Show Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2020, 08:45 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Road To The Show Thread

My pitcher finally started to settle in. played 3 games today.

1st game- went 8 innings with 2 hits and a shut out.

2nd game went 7 innings with giving up 1 run. ended up with a no decision

3rd game- pitched another 7 inning shut out.

Improved my stats a lot but my ERA is still in the 4s.

Im finally getting the hang of analog pitching
Old 03-26-2020, 11:12 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 2

I just finished the last of my Spring Training games for a number of RTTS players I have carried over from MLBTS19 into this years game and the regular season is set to start today. I am hoping what I am about to say does not carry into the regular season but I noticed something strange for both of my 2 RTTS starting pitchers (one who plays for the Braves and the other who plays for the Padres). As the screen loads prior to entering the game, it shows the boosts our own players have as well as the boosts we give our teammates. But why is my pitchers confidence taking a major hit prior to the game even starting. My Braves pitcher took a -75% to his confidence before he even threw a single pitch. Huh? Have have yet to see any negatives to my positional players, but both pitchers have experienced negative confidence hits before their games.

PS: both pitchers are poised to start their 4th season at the MLB level as both were created in MLBTS17. Both pitchers have established relationships with all the team members who are not new to the 2020 team. Weird stuff I tell you.

Last edited by My993C2; 03-26-2020 at 11:16 AM.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:45 AM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
I just finished the last of my Spring Training games for a number of RTTS players I have carried over from MLBTS19 into this years game and the regular season is set to start today. I am hoping what I am about to say does not carry into the regular season but I noticed something strange for both of my 2 RTTS starting pitchers (one who plays for the Braves and the other who plays for the Padres). As the screen loads prior to entering the game, it shows the boosts our own players have as well as the boosts we give our teammates. But why is my pitchers confidence taking a major hit prior to the game even starting. My Braves pitcher took a -75% to his confidence before he even threw a single pitch. Huh? Have have yet to see any negatives to my positional players, but both pitchers have experienced negative confidence hits before their games.

PS: both pitchers are poised to start their 4th season at the MLB level as both were created in MLBTS17. Both pitchers have established relationships with all the team members who are not new to the 2020 team. Weird stuff I tell you.

I believe that's a confidence-lost modifier. For example, if you see 75%, that means that your pitcher will lose confidence 75% slower than normal (which is why it's listed a a minus percentage).

So you aren't starting the game missing confidence, you will just lose confidence slower that you normally would when you have bad results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2020, 12:03 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1100
I believe that's a confidence-lost modifier. For example, if you see 75%, that means that your pitcher will lose confidence 75% slower than normal (which is why it's listed a a minus percentage).

So you aren't starting the game missing confidence, you will just lose confidence slower that you normally would when you have bad results.

Oh that makes sense. Thanks for clearing it up.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:00 PM   #37
Rookie

I ported my Starting Pitcher for the Miami Marlins from 19 to 20 to start the 2021 Season. After the first game the following game I suddenly become a Left Fielder and I'm batting 6th compared to 9th as a SP and then a pinch hitter the following game. What the heck game?

Last edited by desuka; 03-26-2020 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:33 PM   #38
Pro

ASUBoy93's Arena

I'm having my yearly problem of destroying AA, playing really well in AAA, then looking like I can't play baseball when in MLB.

Every year. I'm tired of the raised difficulty in RTTS while in MLB. The higher rated players should be difficult enough.

(I know Dynamic difficulty would stop the level spike, but I don't like playing Dynamic.)

NFL: Seattle Seahawks
NBA: Phoenix Suns
MLB: Arizona D-Backs
NHL: Arizona Coyotes
NCAA: Arizona State Sun Devils/Florida Gators
Old 03-27-2020, 01:17 AM   #39
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUBoy93
I'm having my yearly problem of destroying AA, playing really well in AAA, then looking like I can't play baseball when in MLB.

Every year. I'm tired of the raised difficulty in RTTS while in MLB. The higher rated players should be difficult enough.

(I know Dynamic difficulty would stop the level spike, but I don't like playing Dynamic.)
Why dont u like playing dynamic when that would literally solve your problem

Sent from my LM-X220 using Operation Sports mobile app

R.I.P King Kobe

PSN:Jfingaz27
Twitter: @Jof3_
Twitch: JOF3

Best places: Mount Carmel High School, ESPN 1000

R.I.P MOM . Father of Jerry IV, Jaiden, Jeremiah and Mila-Rose
Old 03-27-2020, 01:31 AM   #40
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingey1968
playing's a 1B and got drafted by the Marlins in the 16th round. about 3 weeks in. I keep reading how the hitting is easy but not for me. batting about .230 so far when in previous versions I raked in the minors and had issues in the majors. Seems like in previous versions pitchers threw everything down the center of the plate, not like that now and my guy is a 50 ovr so unrealistic to be hitting .400 so enjoying my game . plus taking pitches and such is making me a better hitter than swinging at almost every pitch. will help when I get to the majors. all in all I am enjoying the experiance
Yea everybody starts out low overall bro its all part of the more realistic grind to the MLB

Sent from my LM-X220 using Operation Sports mobile app

R.I.P King Kobe

PSN:Jfingaz27
Twitter: @Jof3_
Twitch: JOF3

Best places: Mount Carmel High School, ESPN 1000

R.I.P MOM . Father of Jerry IV, Jaiden, Jeremiah and Mila-Rose

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »