Home

Fielding flyballs should not be this hard

This is a discussion on Fielding flyballs should not be this hard within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2020, 06:39 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Fielding flyballs should not be this hard

Agree outfield isnt good. No MLB players have this amount of difficulty when camped under a ball unless it were very specific parks with the sun beaming down and even then.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-03-2020, 07:53 AM   #18
Rookie

Drop_ya_mitts's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
It happens almost once a game to me. Here is my last 2 games.

Is that post patch?

I'm happy that I've not had this issue either pre-or post patch but looking at those two vids...idk what that's about.

Fielding is the best it's ever been for me this year...literally EVERY aspect of it has been improved imo and again, luckily, I've not run into anything like this.
Sucks that that's happening to you
Old 04-03-2020, 09:06 AM   #19
Rookie

The Show actually has a setting to turn Fielding and Throwing to AUTO.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:13 AM   #20
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

It is definitely an issue. You either slightly over run it or try and slow down at the marker only to have the fielder get Locked in animation and not move any closer.

No, it has never been like this for those saying that. You have to stop your run perfect otherwise it locks in a bad fielding animation which is the problem. You cannot adjust even if the ball is still in the air.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:35 AM   #21
Inside The NFL

OhDaesu19's Arena

OVR: 24

It's ridiculous that great defensive outfielders cannot catch easy fly balls yet every infielder turns incredible double plays making Ozzie Smith look like an average player. It's unreal how many double plays are turned where both infielders make ridiculously strong throws even after making great plays...I have yet to even come close to breaking up a double play. This game is on the cusp of greatness but these little things that appear to be an easy fix keep it from being so. Thank God for legitimate leagues where we have house rules that state do not advance when OF goes into full moron mode.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2020, 10:03 AM   #22
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Cujo have you thought about adjusting your fielding view? Secondly I'll add in these suggestive tips:

On the first clip: wind & trajectory + exit velo dictates where around the mark to position your player. You got dealt a crap card on that play but arcing your path to the ball a bit deeper should work "in show terms"
It was slicing away from fielder and basically the target was at the approximate depth as LF pre play alignment. But dont get too deep you'll get the famous "oh he botched it!"

The second play you could have half pushed the analog to get the trot animation and caught it over the shoulder sort like a post route. Again on that one you took a shallow route to the ball you chased it horizontally then retreated and swung around.. get the depth then close the horizontal ground to the ball.

You ran 3 oclock then cut to a 1 oclock angle and tried to make a square catch at a 6 oclock position when you should have ran at 1 oclock angle to get depth and cut the horizontal distance in half and cut at about a 3 to 4 oclock angle to make the catch..

Regardless it's tough as a gamer at times. But just suggestive tips to eliminate some of these plays
Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
It happens almost once a game to me. Here is my last 2 games.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 04-03-2020, 10:12 AM   #23
Rookie

Baseball Purist's Arena

OVR: 1

Agreed this has been an issue since day 1, and if memory serves correctly has been an issue the last couple of years that has been addressed through various patches.

I can almost call it when my outfielder is not going to trigger an animation and the ball is just going to drop, or my favorite hit some limb of his body.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:34 AM   #24
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

I mentioned this in another thread, the issue has happened to me probably a dozen times since the game was released. It isn't an issue of not fielding it properly, as in those times when you over-run the ball or pull up short of where you need to be to catch it. It is an issue with the correct catch animation/lock on animation not kicking in.

There have been times when I'm ON the catch location indicator, and still no catch animation kicks in. The ball goes right through the fielder, right past his head, or maybe right behind him. After a split second delay, after the ball is long past and bouncing even further away, an Error animation kicks in, which wastes even more time preventing you from getting to the ball. Gave up a 4 base "inside the park" error to Johnathan Villar yesterday on a fly ball to the warning track because of this issue. By the time I got to the ball, Villar was between 2nd and 3rd, and was around 3rd by the time my cutoff man received the ball.

Even has happened to me with Jason Heyward, who has high fielding ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »