Home

Fielding flyballs should not be this hard

This is a discussion on Fielding flyballs should not be this hard within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2020, 06:42 PM   #1
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0
Fielding flyballs should not be this hard

So after getting punished for a week on over pursuing flyballs. I try not to overrun it and the game doesn't have my guy lock on.

Skip to 9:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHlLBcGKJ20

My question is why does there need to be a huge learning curve to fielding easy flyballs? It ain't fun.

If they are going to make it more difficult than it should, please create a fielding difficulty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2020, 07:14 PM   #2
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Fielding flyballs should not be this hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
So after getting punished for a week on over pursuing flyballs. I try not to overrun it and the game doesn't have my guy lock on.

My question is why does there need to be a huge learning curve to fielding easy flyballs? It ain't fun.

If they are going to make it more difficult than it should, please create a fielding difficulty.
Is this the Dynamic view? If not, try it and see if it’s any better. If yes, not sure what to recommend other than switch to Auto-fielding. I hear you though.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:16 PM   #3
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

I played a franchise game last night after I downloaded the 1.05 patch. I didn't experience those misplays in the outfield prior to the patch.

I was experiencing the same thing with my gold glover Acuna.

My question to you is, did you download patch 1.05 & do you have catch region assist on?

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-28-2020, 09:48 PM   #4
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13

Why did you stop running? If you keep running and then stop on the marker he would have made the catch with absolutely no issues. I'm not understanding why you're having issues with catching fly balls because I'm not having any problems at all before or after the patch.

But then again I saw a thread about someone talking about pitching being broken and I'm not having any of those issues either.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 03-29-2020, 08:51 AM   #5
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
Why did you stop running? If you keep running and then stop on the marker he would have made the catch with absolutely no issues. I'm not understanding why you're having issues with catching fly balls because I'm not having any problems at all before or after the patch.

But then again I saw a thread about someone talking about pitching being broken and I'm not having any of those issues either.
I slowed down thinking he would lock-in. The game has been quick to punish you if you slightly overrun the ball.

It feels as if I'm trying to land a helicopter just to get the guy into the ball circle without over extending.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2020, 08:52 AM   #6
MVP

underdog13's Arena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSLoDhhR8QI
2:35:10 -right at the very end

Not sure what more the game wants from me here
Old 03-29-2020, 10:24 AM   #7
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Yeah it frequently isn't locking on, I had a guy have the ball bounce off his eye without him even raising a glove. It's particularly bad at the wall, like last year, but even in the middle of the outfield it seems sometimes to just not lock on.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:49 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Not sure if you are playing with any sliders, but the fielders out of the box are waaaaay too fast.

So, you have a guy sprinting at an unnatural speed, trying to slow down to get the lock on.

I would suggest, finding a much more realistic fielder speed, and you will be amazed at how much better the outfielders respond to your getting them to the landing area. This also allows you to set up on a fly ball, utilizing the "runner is going to tag-up target" and you can keep guys from running on your fielders with decent arms.

Lowering the speed of your outfielders will make a difference you won't believe. It will also show a much greater disparity between the speed ratings of each fielder, allowing you to be more or less aggressive on where you set your guys up on defense.

~syf

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »