Home

Why isnít Derek Jeter in mlb games?

This is a discussion on Why isnít Derek Jeter in mlb games? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-25-2021, 10:21 PM   #1
Rookie

SashaBanksFan4Ever's Arena

OVR: 0
Why isnít Derek Jeter in mlb games?

He should be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2021, 10:37 PM   #2
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

Re: Why isnít Derek Jeter in mlb games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaBanksFan4Ever
He should be.
Once a player retires and isn’t part of the MLBPA anymore they have to be removed from the game for legal reasons. They would need permission to add Jeter to the game. They add new former players to the game every year and sometimes they lose some. It’s possible SDS has already wanted to and Jeter doesn’t want to be in the game or they couldn’t come to an agreement with him for whatever reason.

Last edited by Rocket32; 01-25-2021 at 10:44 PM.
Old 01-25-2021, 11:08 PM   #3
Rookie

Jatt96's Arena

I'm always curious on the reasoning a player doesn't want to be in a game. Especially a guy like Jeter who doesn't need to negotiate dollars, he has enough.

Unless it's like a Barkley deal, where he wants them all to get paid more for using their likeness.
Old 01-25-2021, 11:39 PM   #4
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24

On a semi-related note - I would LOVE for SCEA to introduce historic teams on next gen. Something Iíve wanted for a very long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-26-2021, 02:37 AM   #5
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
On a semi-related note - I would LOVE for SCEA to introduce historic teams on next gen. Something Iíve wanted for a very long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes please!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2021, 10:53 AM   #6
MVP

Because he's a terrible owner

They should put all the owners in GM Mode and you can build the team better than him.
Old 01-26-2021, 11:11 AM   #7
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Because years ago, after Acclaim closed their doors and stopped producing the All-Star Baseball series which featured Derek Jeter on the cover, Kolbe Launchbaugh who was then, the Senior Lead Designer of the Show, went to Jeter's house to try to work out a deal to add Jeter to the game.

During their meeting, Kolbe spilled red wine on Jeter's new $2,000 white sofa and the relationship between Jeter and SDS has been strained ever since. Kolbe, Eddy Cramm, Ramone Russell, and others at SDS agreed to pitch in and purchase Jeter a brand new sofa, but the damage had already been done.

It's a shame, but until Jeter is willing to forgive and forget, I don't expect to see Jeter in MLB The Show.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Old 01-26-2021, 12:00 PM   #8
Pro

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Because years ago, after Acclaim closed their doors and stopped producing the All-Star Baseball series which featured Derek Jeter on the cover, Kolbe Launchbaugh who was then, the Senior Lead Designer of the Show, went to Jeter's house to try to work out a deal to add Jeter to the game.

During their meeting, Kolbe spilled red wine on Jeter's new $2,000 white sofa and the relationship between Jeter and SDS has been strained ever since. Kolbe, Eddy Cramm, Ramone Russell, and others at SDS agreed to pitch in and purchase Jeter a brand new sofa, but the damage had already been done.

It's a shame, but until Jeter is willing to forgive and forget, I don't expect to see Jeter in MLB The Show.

I heard that Launchbaugh also told Jeter that his dog looked fat, which may have been the breaking point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »