Home

Carry-over File Saves in MLB 21 .... What exactly do we Lose ?

This is a discussion on Carry-over File Saves in MLB 21 .... What exactly do we Lose ? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2021, 10:15 PM   #1
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2021
Carry-over File Saves in MLB 21 .... What exactly do we Lose ?

Just asking for clarification.
Do We Lose ONLY Year-To-Year FRANCHISE Saves, or do we also lose the quick transfer of individual (classic) roster files, as was introduced in MLB 20. Another issue is do we Lose the ability to "Import/Export" players from a franchise file, into a roster file.

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Operation Sports mobile app
baseballrosters is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2021, 11:18 PM   #2
MVP
 
ninertravel's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2015
Re: Carry-over File Saves in MLB 21 .... What exactly do we Lose ?

For me it is a major pain for this year... the reason is the game is delayed a month. also roster creators usually take a month to create them.. it will be even longer this year because now they have to start from scratch because we can't use the export and import trick from a previous year. so your looking at June before you even play with a accurate roster rather then April like previous years

This year my plan was to play the show 20 now in a franchise in a updated roster I have been working on with service time updates contract etc so it was like it was 2021. then I was simply going to play that franchise into mlb 21.. now that can't happen. I either have to sit back wait a month of the game being delayed then wait another month for the roster updates. or spend weeks and days of time fixing the rosters.

So I will probably just stick to 20 this year. and maybe buy 21 at the end of the year. usually I loved starting my franchise with the big roster updates in April. and I was really going to use the carry over saves at it's best this year because of the delay and the fact we can edit service time made this possible.

To answer your question I don't think we will be able to import rosters either.. simply for 2 reasons the XBOX that feature won't be in the PS5 version because they won't make it for one and not the other and xbox has no previous versions of it.

The other reason is people have said well.. if franchise is changing then that is why carry overs don't work meaning the rosters have changed... this also means a importing of an old roster won't be compatible..

so it's either the xbox fault or. they are changing franchise so the rosters are different.. either way both would not work with importing rosters. my speculation of cause I hope I am wrong.

Last edited by ninertravel; 02-01-2021 at 11:21 PM.
ninertravel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 11:20 PM   #3
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2021
Re: Carry-over File Saves in MLB 21 .... What exactly do we Lose ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
For me it is a major pain for this year... the reason is the game is delayed a month. also roster creators usually take a month to create them.. it will be even longer this year because now they have to start from scratch because we can't use the export and import trick from a previous year. so your looking at June before you even play with a accurate roster rather then April like previous years

This year my plan was to play the show 20 now in a franchise in a updated roster I have been working on with service time updates contract etc so it was like it was 2021. then I was simply going to play that franchise into mlb 21.. now that can't happen. I either have to sit back wait a month of the game being delayed then wait another month for the roster updates. or spend weeks and days of time fixing the rosters.

So I will probably just stick to 20 this year. and maybe buy 21 at the end of the year. usually I loved starting my franchise with the big roster updates in April. and I was really going to use the carry over saves at it's best this year because of the delay and the fact we can edit service time made this possible.
How can you say these things for sure.
There is no confirmation of these things, correct ?

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Operation Sports mobile app
baseballrosters is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 11:24 PM   #4
MVP
 
ninertravel's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2015
Re: Carry-over File Saves in MLB 21 .... What exactly do we Lose ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballrosters
How can you say these things for sure.
There is no confirmation of these things, correct ?

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Operation Sports mobile app
I am speculating using logical thinking that is all, taking a educated guess and I see no reason why that roster import option would be in the game if carry overs are not in the game. if import rosters from last year was in the game then it would make zero sense why franchise can't be as well. unless we are talking about franchise being completely different here. who knows if it is they might pull a EA and take 30 team control out if it's completely rebuilt and that scares me too madden never recovered from that move.
ninertravel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 12:17 AM   #5
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Aug 2003
Re: Carry-over File Saves in MLB 21 .... What exactly do we Lose ?

For 99.9% of the show players this is a non issue.

Itís just seems blown out of proportion here because itís a hardcore gaming site.

Would it have been great to have it yes. But is it a game killer for me or the majority of others? Imo No.

Iím happy w the news I heard and going into this understand theyíre developing for a new system and revamping everything. So not everything from last gen will be there.
hyacinth1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2021, 12:58 AM   #6
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2021
Re: Carry-over File Saves in MLB 21 .... What exactly do we Lose ?

Maybe I am dumb, but, I do not correlate the "Y2Y" and roster files as holding hands. They both seem separate to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
I am speculating using logical thinking that is all, taking a educated guess and I see no reason why that roster import option would be in the game if carry overs are not in the game. if import rosters from last year was in the game then it would make zero sense why franchise can't be as well. unless we are talking about franchise being completely different here. who knows if it is they might pull a EA and take 30 team control out if it's completely rebuilt and that scares me too madden never recovered from that move.
Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Operation Sports mobile app
baseballrosters is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 02:43 AM   #7
MVP
 
ninertravel's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2015
Re: Carry-over File Saves in MLB 21 .... What exactly do we Lose ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
For 99.9% of the show players this is a non issue.

Itís just seems blown out of proportion here because itís a hardcore gaming site.

Would it have been great to have it yes. But is it a game killer for me or the majority of others? Imo No.

Iím happy w the news I heard and going into this understand theyíre developing for a new system and revamping everything. So not everything from last gen will be there.
Well anybody that wants a accurate roster wouldn't be 99.9% of people that 'don't care; I am sure there will be 1 million posts of 'when are the OSFM rosters coming out where do I get them?' those people won't know it's going to be later this year without the carry over save exporting players trick
ninertravel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 08:01 AM   #8
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 9,709
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Carry-over File Saves in MLB 21 .... What exactly do we Lose ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballrosters
Just asking for clarification.
Do We Lose ONLY Year-To-Year FRANCHISE Saves, or do we also lose the quick transfer of individual (classic) roster files, as was introduced in MLB 20. Another issue is do we Lose the ability to "Import/Export" players from a franchise file, into a roster file.

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Operation Sports mobile app
The only answer that matters right now.

Nobody here knows.
__________________
If you aren't accountable for your "losses", you shouldn't take credit for your "wins".
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:19 PM.

Top -