Home

MLB The Show 21 Stadium Creator Leaked Via SDS YouTube Page

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Stadium Creator Leaked Via SDS YouTube Page within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2021, 08:08 PM   #81
MVP

Archie56's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 21 Stadium Creator Leaked Via SDS YouTube Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger
This could be kinda fun to play around with if it's well implemented. That's a big "if" though. I never understood the desire for a ballpark creator because the dev team is never going to be able to give us the same tools they use to create nice looking parks. Whatever editing tools we get will likely be quite limited. It's possible after you create a few, you start to realize they all kinda look the same, as with CAPs. It would be better if they just made more parks on their own.

Anyway, I'm happy for the people that wanted this, just hope they won't be disappointed.

Spoiler
I'm with ya. It's exciting that they're adding this feature in, and I really hope it's not too bare bones for the creative people out there that are good at building stuff out there. For me, I'm more excited about seeing what people create and I'd love to be able to play at other people's created ballparks. I may fiddle with creating a park myself, but I definitely won't spend tons of time doing it. Really glad they added this in though for the people that have been asking for it for ages.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2021, 08:15 PM   #82
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

While its not a feature I foresee myself using (I may dabble and make a stadium or two simply for minor league all-star/spring training games) I am extremely happy for those who have requested/waited on this feature for years and like others, look forward to seeing what creative people can do with the tools they are given.

I'll be curious to see how its implemented as to whether its tied to DD or if you're able to use it within franchise mode, to coincide with rebranding your team.

Again, while not a feature I will utilize, I'm intrigued and look forward to hearing more about it.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-15-2021, 08:48 PM   #83
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey

They played at Delorimier Downs/Stadium ( left 341 / center 441 / right 293 or 320, depending on reference material). And there may have been a 12' high wall surround the outfield. The Los Angeles Dodgers dropped the Royals as an affiliate in 1960. Jarry Park Stadium was built in hopes of swaying the ownership of the Montreal/Royals franchise to stay, but upon completion of the stadium, they decided to relocate to Syracuse, NY. Jarry Park would go on to become the temporary home of the Montreal Expos while Olympic Stadium was being built. At any rate, the Royals changed their name to Chiefs and subsequently went on to be affiliates of several MLB clubs - Twins, Mets, Senators, Tigers, Yankees, Blue Jays, and.....since 2008, the Washington Nationals. How's that for irony?

Like many baseball teams, the Royals/Expos have a fascinating, rich history that I wish MLB did more to showcase. They could make documentaries on every team and their affiliates, and have 100's, if not thousands, of hours of baseball history and storytelling.

Sorry to be so long winded!
And here’s a pic I found of the 1950 Delorimier Park where Robinson played.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg E4AB9F8D-7FC9-47CE-8DB3-D77D2281A103.jpeg (57.4 KB, 352 views)
Old 02-15-2021, 10:23 PM   #84
Pro

If stadium creation is real and they combine it with the ability to pick pre-set uniforms I am going to be very excited about bringing back the Expos.
Old 02-16-2021, 10:40 AM   #85
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
While its not a feature I foresee myself using (I may dabble and make a stadium or two simply for minor league all-star/spring training games) I am extremely happy for those who have requested/waited on this feature for years and like others, look forward to seeing what creative people can do with the tools they are given.

I'll be curious to see how its implemented as to whether its tied to DD or if you're able to use it within franchise mode, to coincide with rebranding your team.

Again, while not a feature I will utilize, I'm intrigued and look forward to hearing more about it.
While I'll definitely create a stadium or two I'm really hopeful that creations can be shared. Some of us aren't as creative as others and would be awesome to be able to download other's creations.

I'm sure there will be since we've seen that in the past but any new feature is an unknown of course. I just can imagine, assuming the system is expansive enough to create some classic ballparks we might be in for some treats from our more creative friends.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2021, 11:37 AM   #86
Rookie

Fix Franchise AI Logic
Old 02-16-2021, 09:16 PM   #87
MVP

OVR: 3

This is.... An interesting development.

Depends on how in depth it is, or at least how much variety can be had.

If there’s a lot of variety...

If not... Meh.
Old 02-16-2021, 09:39 PM   #88
Rookie

facuevas's Arena

OVR: 2

Will it be for PS4 as well?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »