Home

MLB The Show 21 Stadium Creator Leaked Via SDS YouTube Page

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Stadium Creator Leaked Via SDS YouTube Page within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2021, 11:29 PM   #25
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Create a stadium leaked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
I'd be surprised if created stadiums would be usable online unless they are made from customizable templates. If you are able to make super unique stadiums, it would take a lot of time for the other player to download prior to an online game. It wouldn't surprise me if you are given a choice of a few templates, and you can choose wall color, premade backdrop options, and where to place logos.
I see it as a lego blocks construction kit with some variable parameters like walls distance and height. Everybody’s having the same building blocks on their own console, the information exchanged would be minimized enough to be manageable for online or through a vault.

We’ll see but devil’s in the details ;-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2021, 11:31 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 3

Create A Stadiums usage will be similar to Create A Team/Uniform in MLB 20. No online whatsoever, entirely offline.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 02-10-2021, 11:42 PM   #27
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Do we still get to play the same interleague schedule every year in our created stadium? Will the CPU still use a fifth starter in the playoffs in our new stadium?

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 02-11-2021, 12:18 AM   #28
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Hopefully it's in one day, but I'm going to be skeptical about this 'leak' for now, and my skepticism comes down to grammar.

"Fire up the new Stadium Creator mode and build the next great ball park and for the first time ever MLB The Show is available on Xbox consoles and features crossplay with PlayStation consoles."

First, I feel like they would just use the term 'Stadium Creator' and not refer to it as a mode. Next, ballpark is one word, not two. A small difference in everyday life, but I think a proofreader would catch that when putting info in promotional work. Finally, it's just one long run-on sentence. Someone would've caught that and added a comma, semicolon, or (most likely as the a stadium creator and crossplay are different topics) broken it up into separate sentences.

Maybe I'm wrong though. It'd be cool if I was.
Old 02-11-2021, 12:41 AM   #29
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Hopefully it's in one day, but I'm going to be skeptical about this 'leak' for now, and my skepticism comes down to grammar.

"Fire up the new Stadium Creator mode and build the next great ball park and for the first time ever MLB The Show is available on Xbox consoles and features crossplay with PlayStation consoles."

First, I feel like they would just use the term 'Stadium Creator' and not refer to it as a mode. Next, ballpark is one word, not two. A small difference in everyday life, but I think a proofreader would catch that when putting info in promotional work. Finally, it's just one long run-on sentence. Someone would've caught that and added a comma, semicolon, or (most likely as the a stadium creator and crossplay are different topics) broken it up into separate sentences.

Keep in mind that you're talking about the same people that misspelled Cincinnati in the Reds stadium at release and had to fix it in a patch.
Old 02-11-2021, 01:16 AM   #30
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

Quote:

This leak was posted on the official SDS Youtube page, then removed. Hard to imagine someone was willing to lose their job to intentionally post fake info on the official page.
Old 02-11-2021, 01:25 AM   #31
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklecutter
Keep in mind that you're talking about the same people that misspelled Cincinnati in the Reds stadium at release and had to fix it in a patch.
This is a good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastcat
This leak was posted on the official SDS Youtube page, then removed. Hard to imagine someone was willing to lose their job to intentionally post fake info on the official page.
I don't think someone at SDS intentionally posted fake info on their official video - I think there's zero chance that happened. I'm looking at it as 50/50 odds (admittedly based entirely on poor grammar) that some random person online posted a fake leak to get people worked up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2021, 01:57 AM   #32
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

Quote:
I don't think someone at SDS intentionally posted fake info on their official video - I think there's zero chance that happened. I'm looking at it as 50/50 odds (admittedly based entirely on poor grammar) that some random person online posted a fake leak to get people worked up.
How would a random person get access to the official SDS Youtube account?

Last edited by breakfastcat; 02-11-2021 at 02:01 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »