Home

MLB The Show 21 Next-Gen Screenshots

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Next-Gen Screenshots within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2021, 02:51 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 21 Next-Gen Screenshots

PS5 = PS4 Pro with better framerate that PS4 Pro should have had in the first place.
Old 03-03-2021, 02:57 PM   #34
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

Man I really hate bringing this old argument back but I've been sick of these player models for 2 whole generations now. I guess we'll never get realistic cloth physics in this game. Beyond that, I just don't see where the upgrade is at all. Sure 4K/60fps is great but you can already get that with the PS4 version on PS5, so if it looks the same as the PS4 version then that doesn't even really count as an upgrade. Is the only reason to buy the PS5 version the Stadium Creator? If so I don't think one singular mode is worth a $10 price increase.

I really hope I'm proven wrong and this game has more graphical improvements than this video is letting on. But we say this every year how it is an early version of the game and it will look better at release, and lo and behold, it doesn't. I remember when MLB The Show was a showcase of how good a game could look on the PS3. I'd like to see them get back to that but the entire PS4 gen I felt like The Show only looked pretty good but not amazing, and the PS5/XSX gen doesn't seem like it's going to change that much.

Last edited by breakfastcat; 03-03-2021 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-03-2021, 02:58 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by douevenbench
PS5 = PS4 Pro with better framerate that PS4 Pro should have had in the first place.
In terms of The Show '21 I mostly agree with that. I would hope the potential of the PS5 console itself is far more than that (and I believe it will be)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2021, 02:59 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 24

SDS is pretty far behind the NBA, Madden and FIFA teams when it comes to player models and graphics. Substantially behind, really. FIFA looks incredible. These guys have a lot of work to do to bring The Show up to speed with its competitors in the sports world. The gameplay is pretty solid all-around but player models, animations and overall feel of the game are pretty stale. I didn't expect much this year in terms of visual improvements but I'm also skeptical they have the motivation to really push the envelope.

The last few years have shown SDS cares about two things: a) pushing players to DD and b) getting in and out of games quicker. I know they'll use the excuse that this year the new systems, etc. make it difficult but other sports games showed a pretty solid graphical improvement even on post-update patches for PS5. That said, Madden felt next-gen with how the players moved and felt in the dualsense controller more than anything. This trailer showed me that player movement still looks bad, but maybe it will be a case of "it feels different" that Madden had.
Old 03-03-2021, 03:06 PM   #37
MVP

Archie56's Arena

Quote:
If you think that the PS5 is just the Pro with better framerate overall then you are sadly mistaken.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-2021, 03:19 PM   #38
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Not quite lol. Unless you mean The Show 21, then still.. not quite.

Also the dude who said you can already get 4K 60FPS with PS4... you can’t even sniff that with the PS4 pro lmao. That’s funny.
Old 03-03-2021, 03:27 PM   #39
MVP

Archie56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Not quite lol. Unless you mean The Show 21, then still.. not quite.

Also the dude who said you can already get 4K 60FPS with PS4... you can’t even sniff that with the PS4 pro lmao. That’s funny.
I think he meant the PS4 version of the game running on PS5, not the PS4 console itself. But yeah, people that think these new consoles are a minimal upgrade to old gen are just flat out wrong.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-2021, 03:42 PM   #40
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Yep I see no difference at all!!!!!!!!

The fact that we need a magnifyine glass to see a difference between the PS4 and PS5 version is pretty sad.
I wasn't one that complained about PS4 resolution/framerate. I chalk that up to my tv choice.

Having played 17-20 on PS5; the difference is absolutely staggering. (and that is an understatement..)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »