Home

MLB The Show 21 Franchise Mode and March to October Details From Feature Premiere

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Franchise Mode and March to October Details From Feature Premiere within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2021, 06:29 PM   #25
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: MLB The Show 21 Feature Premiere Starting Soon - March to October & Franchise Mod

It's tough. It's one of those things where I can see why peeps would be mad year-to-year saves died because of the stories they have built in to things, but my thing is more I just care about being able to try out new rosters. I think carryover saves are amazing and a feature that should be a thing, but SDS is also much better about carrying over user-generated content YOY, which is still the bigger win to me than how most other sports games make you start from scratch every year.

Still, my franchise philosophy is I want everyone to be happy. I play OOTP for the franchise experience, and play Show for single-year MTOs or single-year seasons with all the awesome rosters peeps here make. I would rather play humans than AI if I'm just looking for game-to-game competition, so my franchise saves in Show are more for unique experiences, but for nuts-and-bolts MLB GMing I'm going to just prefer OOTP no matter what SDS does because it will never be able to live up to that. But I get not everyone fits in that bucket.

Today's stream is all about what expectations you go into it with. Nothing groundbreaking was promised, and I don't think anything groundbreaking was delivered. If you were expecting that due to YOY saves being removed, then I get the logic, but the PR never seemed to align with that. It's more than the past, but not as much as you would hope, I think will probably be the prevailing "fair" sentiment. Those who were already planning to be furious will still be so, and those who expected this to be the leading feature for improvements will feel as such as well.

Last edited by ChaseB; 04-01-2021 at 06:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2021, 06:30 PM   #26
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 21 Feature Premiere Starting Soon - March to October & Franchise Mod

Unless they surprise me, looks like their created player faces weren’t touched. Same gargoyle looking managers/coaches to choose from????

Which stream might we find out if we can carry over our rosters?
Old 04-01-2021, 06:30 PM   #27
MVP

Archie56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Sucks for those that seem disappointed. This looked fantastic. Stadium assignments is freaking awesome.

Color me impressed. I’m ready, maybe I’m impressed easily? If so, thank goodness I am.
I'm with you, I love everything I heard. I know people are going to be disappointed but I feel like they are changing the infrastructure of how franchise works. Not everything is going to change in 1 year. Good strides are being made here. Be patient people

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2021, 06:32 PM   #28
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Unless they surprise me, looks like their created player faces weren’t touched. Same gargoyle looking managers/coaches to choose from????

Which stream might we find out if we can carry over our rosters?

Probably won't touch on it and will either be there or not. Guessing we won't know until April 16th.
Old 04-01-2021, 06:32 PM   #29
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56
I'm with you, I love everything I heard. I know people are going to be disappointed but I feel like they are changing the infrastructure of how franchise works. Not everything is going to change in 1 year. Good strides are being made here. Be patient people

They even stated they had to change the core to be able to make changes for further versions. Hence why Y2Y didn’t make it.

People going to be mad no matter what, you can tell by some of the comments game development is severely misunderstood. That is A LOT of work in a one year cycle on FOUR systems, nonetheless.
Old 04-01-2021, 06:34 PM   #30
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
Probably won't touch on it and will either be there or not.
I mean if it looks they didn't touch the CAP stuff, then probably a better sign you can transfer them year to year.
Old 04-01-2021, 06:34 PM   #31
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

I'm a franchise only player, we got Nike catchers gear which is awesome, all I really want is better bullpen logic, I can live with the rest of it the way it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2021, 06:37 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56

I am excited. There were a lot of little things I saw that got me excited. If you really pay attention, there are a lot of new prospects in this year. Hopefully a step close to ootb full minors. Also noticed on the depth chart that as CJ Abrams got older , they changed his position on the depth chart from SS to LF. That'd be awesome if thats a thing . And these general player rating value changed were the most important change to me. They allow for dynamic things like a team calling up a player to play that is rated lower than the MLB player as opposed to what they used to do which was just use the highest rated player.

It looks like they fixed minor league options as well which was something that plagued the whole logic because teams could like send down veteran players who irl have no options left.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »