Home

MLB21 RTTS Mode Gutted by SDS

This is a discussion on MLB21 RTTS Mode Gutted by SDS within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2021, 08:30 AM   #9
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB21 RTTS Mode Gutted by SDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Snap
We told you.

Microtransactions are cancer.

Once they are put into a game, the entire philosophy of game design gradually revolves around maximizing converting players into payers.

Microtransactions are cancer.
Oh but people kept telling me “who cares his people spend their money it doesn’t effect you” it’s their money not yours why worry !?

As you can see people kept playing DD spending $$ while those “who cares” people watched it happen thinking it wasn’t effecting them.

Sports game are dead mob was the last one standing I’m sure slot machines will come in next line nba did

And golf games will be about collecting cards for coloured balls or golf club or to have red pants.

Sports games used to be the only thing I played for years. They just keep killing them more and more.
Old 04-17-2021, 08:37 AM   #10
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooFighters
But you can't make different players, you're limited to your one ballplayer playing different positions on different saves
That is so dumb. No buy here I'm glad I found out in time. Thanks.

I guess it's all about money now, huh SDS.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock

Last edited by Mitchrapp; 04-17-2021 at 08:40 AM.
Old 04-17-2021, 11:54 AM   #11
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Wow. This sounds horrible. $elling out it seems.

Operation Sports OOTP League
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2021, 12:33 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
Wow. This sounds horrible. $elling out it seems.

NCAA 14 has taught me I can enjoy playing an older game indefinitely, I think I’m nearing the point of doing that with most sports games.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-17-2021, 12:52 PM   #13
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdubya64
I almost don't know where to begin. While I am trying to understand SDS scrapping RTTS as a separate mode, I am really finding it hard.

They have taken all the fun out of it. Limited to one player, a horrendous first intro that throws you into "the draft", makes you a two-way player and essentially blows up the stats and advancement meta.

Man, if I could get a refund I would, but, hey SDS, you got me for $90, just don't expect me to be happy and playing your modes that you decided to shove down my throat. I typically ran anywhere from 3-6 RTTS players at one time. Despite the warts here and there and the annoying archetypes, it was FUN.

Now I know why I was suspicious when absolutely NO DETAILS on RTTS were in the Thursday previews. I really like some of the improvements in the game, honestly. But I spend 90% of my time in RTTS and this is a kick to the groin as far as I am concerned.

Really disappointed. Thanks for gutting my favorite mode Sony...
You can have more than one save.

More than one type of player.

The only real differences:

You don't have a pointless dog and pony show at the pre draft games/drills. Thank God.

You can be a 2 way player or a one position player. Totally up to you.

Most notable difference is the archetypes are gone. Once again....thank God.

I'm playing a SP/3rd baseman. I have a loadout for my SP and one for my 3rd baseman.

Essentially I kept reworking my loadout until I had a Flamethrower for my pitcher, and a PurePower for my 3rd baseman.

My pitcher throws 95mph heat, and my 3rd baseman hits 60pwr.

It's the same as before, but better. They are giving us the freedom to do what we want. The archetypes forced us to play as one type player This way allows us the freedom to try different player types, without starting over completely.

I only play rtts, and this is by far the best it's ever been. I have games as a starting pitcher, 3rd, and dh. All with their own load out.

Of course I could have just said, no pitching only 3rd. Or I could have said closer and 3rd.

I haven't bought anything threw microtransactions, never have and never will.

Freedom and rtts......thank god.
Old 04-17-2021, 01:04 PM   #14
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsNVA
You can have more than one save.

More than one type of player.

The only real differences:

You don't have a pointless dog and pony show at the pre draft games/drills. Thank God.

You can be a 2 way player or a one position player. Totally up to you.

Most notable difference is the archetypes are gone. Once again....thank God.

I'm playing a SP/3rd baseman. I have a loadout for my SP and one for my 3rd baseman.

Essentially I kept reworking my loadout until I had a Flamethrower for my pitcher, and a PurePower for my 3rd baseman.

My pitcher throws 95mph heat, and my 3rd baseman hits 60pwr.

It's the same as before, but better. They are giving us the freedom to do what we want. The archetypes forced us to play as one type player This way allows us the freedom to try different player types, without starting over completely.

I only play rtts, and this is by far the best it's ever been. I have games as a starting pitcher, 3rd, and dh. All with their own load out.

Of course I could have just said, no pitching only 3rd. Or I could have said closer and 3rd.

I haven't bought anything threw microtransactions, never have and never will.

Freedom and rtts......thank god.

how is this the best its ever been? the stupid loadout programs don't even work properly. I have 12 stolen bases only been credited for 3 in the loadout program. Have made 4 starts as a pitcher and not one of them have contributed anything at all to my pitching loadout program.
**** is just flat broken.
Old 04-17-2021, 02:13 PM   #15
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

And we have to be a two way player to start? This is so dumb. Everything is geared toward Diamond Dynasty. I’m struggling to even want to play this game at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2021, 02:22 PM   #16
Rookie

Vercingetirex's Arena

Wow, glad I waited for impressions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »