Home

MLB21 RTTS Mode Gutted by SDS

This is a discussion on MLB21 RTTS Mode Gutted by SDS within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2021, 02:25 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: MLB21 RTTS Mode Gutted by SDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetirex
Wow, glad I waited for impressions.
I don't understand why people are still preordering in 2021 lol
Old 04-17-2021, 02:37 PM   #18
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbistimg
how is this the best its ever been? the stupid loadout programs don't even work properly. I have 12 stolen bases only been credited for 3 in the loadout program. Have made 4 starts as a pitcher and not one of them have contributed anything at all to my pitching loadout program.
**** is just flat broken.
I'm not entirely sure i understand what you mean when refer to things you have done not being credited to you loadout.

All loadouts are, is a "create your own archetype."

The loadouts give you stat boost in some areas, and stat take away in others. It's the exact same thing you have had for 2 years, but you can change your archetype by the game, or leave it alone.

I like that personally.

Now, I will say that through playing I earned more badge things to add to loadouts. They give me an opportunity to boost power, but lose fielding. I put that one in my DH loadout, because I don't need fielding. My power went from 60-64.

I was annoyed at first, just like I was when archetypes were introduced. I got over this change much faster, because I can change stuff every game if I want to, or leave it alone.

The developers are really good about "giving stuff," to players. I earned a bunch of stuff to use without even noticing. I got a card pack that had all cards worth 25k+. I chose Ripken Jr, cashed it in for 26k. I can now grab a bat, etc.

I've never purchased stuff with my own money, because they dole stuff out all the time.

I can see where some people are upset. I guess I just look at it like I can change my archetype whenever I want.

For folks complaining about having to start a 2 way player, I think they gave me the option to nix that b4 I even played my first game. If it wasn't that quick, it was certainly faster than being forced out of my position for a 2 week "trial" like past years.

Hope not everybody gets to pissed before really giving it a go. It took me about an hour of messing with the badges to find loadouts that really worked for 2hat I was trying to do.
Old 04-17-2021, 03:41 PM   #19
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsNVA
I'm not entirely sure i understand what you mean when refer to things you have done not being credited to you loadout.

The loadouts give you stat boost in some areas, and stat take away in others. It's the exact same thing you have had for 2 years, but you can change your archetype by the game, or leave it alone.

I like that personally.

Now, I will say that through playing I earned more badge things to add to loadouts. They give me an opportunity to boost power, but lose fielding. I put that one in my DH loadout, because I don't need fielding. My power went from 60-64.

I was annoyed at first, just like I was when archetypes were introduced. I got over this change much faster, because I can change stuff every game if I want to, or leave it alone.

The developers are really good about "giving stuff," to players. I earned a bunch of stuff to use without even noticing. I got a card pack that had all cards worth 25k+. I chose Ripken Jr, cashed it in for 26k. I can now grab a bat, etc.

I've never purchased stuff with my own money, because they dole stuff out all the time.

I can see where some people are upset. I guess I just look at it like I can change my archetype whenever I want.

For folks complaining about having to start a 2 way player, I think they gave me the option to nix that b4 I even played my first game. If it wasn't that quick, it was certainly faster than being forced out of my position for a 2 week "trial" like past years.

Hope not everybody gets to pissed before really giving it a go. It took me about an hour of messing with the badges to find loadouts that really worked for 2hat I was trying to do.
the loadouts have programs that you need to complete to earn upgrades. Take for example the Speed loadout you need to steal bases to advance your loadouts program. you have repeatable and one time programs. repeatable are 24 plate apperances and 3 stolen bases. So every 24 at bats you gain 2 points to program experience and every 3 steals you gain 3.

But the game doesn't actually give you credit for these things properly.
Then if you are a 2 way player and you choose to continue to next game instead of returning to main screen you are suppose to be able to change loadouts. But when you switch to pitcher loadout and enter game you will see you still have your hitter loadout in game, so you get zero credit for any of your pitching stats towards your pitching loadout programs.

So the only way to truly progress your character right now is to by perks in the marketplace. Since you can't actually progress your programs to earn the perks.
Old 04-17-2021, 03:44 PM   #20
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsNVA

I like that personally.

Its hard to give it a go and spend money just to see if you like it or not. Side note: Can I have a 6'1 CF and 6'5" 1B? Can I edit the way someone looks for each position?

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Old 04-17-2021, 03:53 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagoth
Not to mention, as far as I can tell, stats are going to be capped at 50 as far as how high you can take them by playing and training.

The rest of your stats will go up with equipment and by your archetypes.

So no more 5 tool players on RttS....

They basically went the NBA2k way...ALL because of ****ing Diamond Dynasty....

RttS is the only damn mode I play, why SDS did you have to mess with it!!!!!!!!!!
MLB The Show novice here, are ratings in the game on a 100-point scale? And your player can't advance past 50 by just playing the actual mode and improving there? That sounds insane and quite disheartening.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2021, 04:00 PM   #22
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Yeah, I think Loadouts aren't really too big a problem much like the two-way thing as a tutorial isn't a massive problem in the grand scheme of things. I think there's plenty to not like about the structure of RttS if you want to find faults, but Loadouts feels like a QOL improvement once you get the hang of it.

Doesn't mean you have to agree, but I think there's easier things to point to as issues than the new and shiny thing like Loadouts that maybe gets attention for being new and different, but really isn't what would cause the hang up for people in the end all on its own. Maybe you don't think the leveling system is fair or takes too long etc. is what I mean as the issue more than the Loadouts themselves in this one case.
Old 04-17-2021, 04:38 PM   #23
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

At this point I feel like all the Franchise players on the forum should be thankful that their mode was barely touched.
Old 04-17-2021, 05:00 PM   #24
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
At this point I feel like all the Franchise players on the forum should be thankful that their mode was barely touched.
Or at least thankful that when they DD'd franchise, they at least made it a separate mode (Mto) and didn't get rid of franchise while doing it

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »