Home

Grass on the PS5

This is a discussion on Grass on the PS5 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2021, 03:33 PM   #17
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Grass on the PS5

I don't usually complain too much about The Show , I love me some MLB and RTTS all that goes with these awesome new renditions of the game.
But come on SDS have you looked at your work on the grass, you can do better than this on this years next gen version of the Show. Make some adjustments and give us some better visuals on the grass please, thank you.
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Old 04-23-2021, 09:08 PM   #18
Pro

knich1's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
You can't even see that level of detail on MLB broadcasts though....

You can on native 4k broadcast.
Old 04-23-2021, 09:46 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetirex
It's not modding anything, just emulating. The textures are still whatever was developed originally. I can post other PS3 era videos demonstrating the same thing.
Here we can see the EXACT same textures on PS3 that were carried over to PS4 and now PS5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPZ74yBkwco&t=250s
Pure laziness in development.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2021, 10:58 PM   #20
Rookie

San Diego devs if you see this post... Please patch or update the resolution and textures of the grass, dirt and other low level objects please!! It's particularly noticeable when pitching in Broadcast view and or other times during the game.

I'm playing on PS5 if that makes a difference.

I'm seeing low/bad textures and also some framerate issues that affect textures. I have recorded video. Just put the environment on par with everything else and fix the lighting a little and this game is perfect!!
Old 04-24-2021, 12:09 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo101
San Diego devs if you see this post... Please patch or update the resolution and textures of the grass, dirt and other low level objects please!! It's particularly noticeable when pitching in Broadcast view and or other times during the game.

I'm playing on PS5 if that makes a difference.

I'm seeing low/bad textures and also some framerate issues that affect textures. I have recorded video. Just put the environment on par with everything else and fix the lighting a little and this game is perfect!!
I was really surprised to see this thread. I thought I was the only who this mattered to lol. Going from the PS3 to PS4 I thought I'd see a jump in the grass and texture department. Then I slowly noticed from year to year nothing was changing so I figured they needed the in game resources to make the game as good as possible so the grass and other textures were taking a hit. I was thoroughly expecting to see a huge difference this gen and it's much of the same. I realize Sony San Diego had a lot on their plate branching out to accommodate Xbox this time around, but there's quite a few things I hope get patched before everything is all said and done this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2021, 02:35 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by knich1
Yep...they had the extra time and I was really expecting this kind of upgrade along with body/uniform updates...even crowds/unis. Again...I think Xbox just took priority. Xbox is a big thing so I get it. But it doesn't make a PS5 purchaser feel any better. I paid premium for PS5 to get the next gen (only reason I own PS5) so yeah I'm a little bitter. That said, the gameplay is best ever!
I love how all the problems the game this year people are just gonna blame on xbox and gamepass. Because the game was completely perfect every year with no flaws, or graphical errors, until xbox came. And now specifically xbox is the reason for servers, grass fidelity, uniforms, connection, and what else am I missing? SDS has got it made, no accountability on the product since it's all xbox's fault.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:27 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
LG 55OLEDCX
LG Cx is the best gaming TV's on the market today. I have CX 65"inch. And for others who don't have one they're on sale now with Great prices
Old 04-27-2021, 05:58 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyK
I love how all the problems the game this year people are just gonna blame on xbox and gamepass. Because the game was completely perfect every year with no flaws, or graphical errors, until xbox came. And now specifically xbox is the reason for servers, grass fidelity, uniforms, connection, and what else am I missing? SDS has got it made, no accountability on the product since it's all xbox's fault.

Lol this response screams typical 2021 internet BS, it made me literally laugh out loud.......like what they did this year was a walk in the park and you know more than them on what they could get done in a year of development for new platforms and moving to next gen......... their accountability is as simple as this..... if u are displeased with the product they put out..... wait for it...... this is mind blowing........ don’t buy it! 🤦🏻*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »