Home

MLB The Show 21 RTTS Discussion

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 RTTS Discussion within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2021, 02:31 AM   #17
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB The Show 21 RTTS Discussion

The 2022 season is over for Max Armstrong. He finished very strong and will assuredly be the opening day closer for the 2023 Boston Red Sox.

As for 2022,the Red Sox finished 83-79 which was one game back from the wild card spot.osing three of four by Tampa Bay mid September really cost us. We did get a three game sweep on them last week of the season. By then it was a must sweep or season over though. Took two of three vs Yankees to finish the season. Yankees (87-76) won the division by 1 game over the Rays.

The Dodgers have won three straight world series as they beat the Twins in 4-1 series win. Robinson Canó and Miguel Cabrera both in HOF for 2022.

As for Max Armstrong stats:

42GP 0-3 2.57ERA 31SV 4BSV 42IP

50K 4BB

I do not know batting averages against but the last I saw was rightys hitting .216 and leftys hitting Max .235

So he has reverse split which at first I thought he was on the way to dominate left handed bats. Still early and I do want that to happen still. Will be fun to see what it is over a full season.

I was offered a new contract of 1 yr 650k with MLB closer as my role. Of course we resigned, as I want Max to retire a Boston Red Sock as the greatest closer in history.

Spring training 2023 is here and Max Armstrong has been invited for the first time in his career. He comes into camp as the opening day closer. I've reached a 78ovr. He now throws his 4 seam fastball between 96-100. His changeup drops into the mid 80s. Slider is low 90s. And cutter is mid 90s.

If anyone knows how to delete a pitch lemme know. I really want to just get rid of the cutter and roll with three pitches. If I can't I think I'll replace it with something. Does anyone have any suggestions for what Max's fourth pitch could be?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 05-22-2021 at 10:22 AM.
Old 05-22-2021, 03:17 AM   #18
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

As far as new players on Red Sox roster:

RP José Alvarado signed in 2022 and is under contract for 2023 as well.

SP Yohan Ramirez signed for one year in 2023. Hasn't played in the MLB since 2016 with Seattle. He begins 2023 spring training in the bullpen.

SP Antonio Senzatela signed in 2022 where he apparently pitched out of the bullpen all season with zero starts. Begins 2023 in bullpen as well.

SP Andrew Heaney signed in 2022 and his under contract through 2025. In 2022 he started 31 games with 13-10 record 3.58ERA 175K 68BB. Very good season to begin his Red Sox stint. Plugged in as #3 starter to begin 2023 season.

CP Kevin McCarthy signed 2023. Starting in AA.

C Alejandro Kirk signed in 2022 from Toronto. In 2022 he played 114 games due to Christian Vazquez injured and only playing 36 games all year. A .247avg 6hr 33rbi. Begins as #2 catcher in 2023.

1B Colin Moran was traded to Boston in 2022 at some point. Under contract for 2023. Hit .283 17hr 48rbi. Begins 2023 as the starting 1B for the Red Sox.

2B Josh Harrison signed in 2023. Begins 2023 in spring training with fellow 2nd basemen Chad De La Guerra and Yonny Hernandez. Guerra looks to be the starter.

Three new CF. Greg Allen, Shogo Akiyama, and Jason Martin.

Shogo and Martin were both traded to Boston in 2022. It's a crap shoot for starter. The team is weak in CF though.

RF Harold Ramirez signed in 2022. Only played 2 games in 2022 so? Slotted as probable bench player in the outfield.

An interesting and funny thing for 2022. Kris Bryant won the AL MVP with Toronto hitting .298 44HR 112RBI and also won silver slugger at 3B lol. Why they signed him while having Cavan Biggio seems silly. Biggio played only 67 games in 2022. If they just started Biggio in LF it would work great. Within a franchise I definitely would edit his primary and secondary positions so both him and Kris Bryant were in the starting lineup.

Glad I am seeing these things now before starting a franchise so I can prepare to help prevent/fix some of these illogical moves by the AI.

Last edited by DarthRambo; 05-22-2021 at 03:30 AM.
Old 05-23-2021, 01:42 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Dunno if this has happened to anyone else, but my game has decided that I need to start pretty much every game. I pitched two starts in a row, then someone else had a turn, then there was an off-day, and now I've pitched another two in a row.

Obviously this is bad by itself, but it also means I have no energy after three or four innings, and I never get a chance to hit as a two-way player.
Old 05-23-2021, 04:35 PM   #20
Rookie

Dagio's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Boogaloo
Dunno if this has happened to anyone else, but my game has decided that I need to start pretty much every game. I pitched two starts in a row, then someone else had a turn, then there was an off-day, and now I've pitched another two in a row.

Obviously this is bad by itself, but it also means I have no energy after three or four innings, and I never get a chance to hit as a two-way player.
Something similar happened to me while I was in the minors in my first season. I would pitch back-to-back, then hit for maybe a game or two, then again pitch back-to-back. But it only happened for a few weeks and hasn't been an issue since.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:22 PM   #21
Rookie

ACEsportaku's Arena

FINALLY got around to starting my RTTS over the weekend... and we suck!

I played a good amount of games to find my level in Dynamic Difficulty. However, I was using my Angels in all of those games who are a strong offensive team... I managed to pump it up to Hall of Fame+ / Legend and my RTTS Ballplayer is paying for it.

Introducing... "AK47" Augustus Kilpatrick! We just got to the end of May and here are the "results"...

As you can see... Hall of Fame+ and Legend hitting difficulty has been a STRUGGLE. The batting average is bad enough, but check out this OPS!

Thankfully I can report that the first couple games in June have been MUCH better after changing some equipment and my approach at the plate. I usually just play on All-Star (sometimes I get to All-Star+) so I am a little out of my depth but it's actually kind of refreshing to play a RTTS where my guy isn't hitting 50 HR's and batting .500
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2021, 12:23 PM   #22
Rookie

Feros Ferio 7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagio
Something similar happened to me while I was in the minors in my first season. I would pitch back-to-back, then hit for maybe a game or two, then again pitch back-to-back. But it only happened for a few weeks and hasn't been an issue since.

I've had similar issues and it's tied to your load out.

With my "hitter" load out I bat third in the lineup (contact around 95 and power around 85) but when my "pitcher" load out is active I bat 8th. If my batter load out is active it slots me last in the rotation and when my pitcher load out is active it slots me second in the rotation.

Basically I want to hit higher so I keep my hitter load out active when at the main RttS screen and then I return to clubhouse after every start. If I dont leave it will have me pitch on one days rest.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-27-2021, 07:36 AM   #23
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

I'm doing separate careers for a pitcher and a hitter like I've always done. Tried the 2-way thing for a NL team, but I really don't like that you're all of a sudden a terrible hitter on days you're pitching.

Maybe I'll try again on an AL team at some point, but I'm still so bad at hitting it's hard for me to justify it. Realistically, no club would run with the 2-way thing unless you can really pitch and really hit.

My position player's a fielder archetype SS (so I can at least do one thing right lol), and dynamic hitting difficulty's taking it easy on me so far, so I'm at least getting a decent amount of singles.

Pitcher is a starter, righty, and the repertoire so far is: 4-seam, sweepy curve, circle change, slider. I don't know how I feel about not being able to have separate RTTS pitchers with their own set of pitches. If I start a new career, it's with the same pitches as the previous one. But I have always wanted to be able to start RTTS with more than just three pitches, so I'll take the good with the bad, I suppose.

I wonder: if I change my current pitcher's pitches through the bullpen, then go back to my previous pitcher save, will that have changed the old pitcher's pitches as well?

Anyhoo, haven't quite settled into an archetype for the SP yet. Spent a while with painter, then filthy. I'm on all-star+ I think with meter pitching and I'm not walking anybody with the filthy loadout, so it's hard to justify going back to painter. Now if I were using pinpoint pitching I'd definitely need to stick with painter. Maybe I will, and hopefully I'll get to grips with it while I'm still only facing AA hitters.
Old 05-27-2021, 11:10 AM   #24
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowingForVengeance
I'm doing separate careers for a pitcher and a hitter like I've always done. Tried the 2-way thing for a NL team, but I really don't like that you're all of a sudden a terrible hitter on days you're pitching.

Maybe I'll try again on an AL team at some point, but I'm still so bad at hitting it's hard for me to justify it. Realistically, no club would run with the 2-way thing unless you can really pitch and really hit.

My position player's a fielder archetype SS (so I can at least do one thing right lol), and dynamic hitting difficulty's taking it easy on me so far, so I'm at least getting a decent amount of singles.

Pitcher is a starter, righty, and the repertoire so far is: 4-seam, sweepy curve, circle change, slider. I don't know how I feel about not being able to have separate RTTS pitchers with their own set of pitches. If I start a new career, it's with the same pitches as the previous one. But I have always wanted to be able to start RTTS with more than just three pitches, so I'll take the good with the bad, I suppose.

I wonder: if I change my current pitcher's pitches through the bullpen, then go back to my previous pitcher save, will that have changed the old pitcher's pitches as well?

Anyhoo, haven't quite settled into an archetype for the SP yet. Spent a while with painter, then filthy. I'm on all-star+ I think with meter pitching and I'm not walking anybody with the filthy loadout, so it's hard to justify going back to painter. Now if I were using pinpoint pitching I'd definitely need to stick with painter. Maybe I will, and hopefully I'll get to grips with it while I'm still only facing AA hitters.
If you change your pitch repertoire it will save over into any load out you have automatically. I hate this feature too. No way to really have a CP RTTS going and a SP one at the same time, as their repertoire are usually drastically different from only 2-3 pitches to 4-5 for a SP.

If they just let us completely delete a pitch instead of forcing us to replace it then you could workaround it possibly. But once you have 4 pitches you're forever stick with that many. I want to delete one of the 4 for my CP so bad but can't. A closer with 4 pitches just feels unrealistic.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by DarthRambo; 05-27-2021 at 11:13 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »