Home

Shameless exploitations of bad CPU trade logic!

This is a discussion on Shameless exploitations of bad CPU trade logic! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2021, 11:18 AM   #1
Rookie

ASkylitMike's Arena

OVR: 4
Shameless exploitations of bad CPU trade logic!

This thread is the exact opposite of the other trade thread going on. This is the place to showcase the most unrealistic and worst of the worst trade offers you’ve proposed, received, and/or accepted.
I’ll start with mine.

Wanted Tommy Pham off my team ASAP earlier this month, so I put him and Brian O’grady on the block to see what my options were.
The Cubs offered Kris Bryant, so I ended up taking him in the end, but the Diamondbacks offered Madison Bumgarner, and the Devil Rays actually offered Wander Franco. Can you imagine that on the Padres?
First string: Fernando Tatis Jr.
Second string: Ha-Seong Kim
Third string: Some guy named Wander

How have YOU taken advantage of the CPU’s horrible trade logic?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2021, 11:23 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Shameless exploitations of bad CPU trade logic!

Not a trade of my own but Vladdy Jr., Christian Pache and Kyle Lewis all got traded for peanuts during my first season.

Vladdy ended up on the Nationals, Pache on the D-Backs, and Lewis on the Padres.
Old 06-21-2021, 12:05 PM   #3
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Not a bad trade by the AI but they needed a better return. But the Orioles traded Mancini to the Rays for Ryan Thompson. I went ahead and looked on the trade boards and gave them good prospects for Mancini. (Actually traded the 3 prospects for Ryan Thompson back).
Old 06-21-2021, 06:37 PM   #4
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Oh we have to go waaaay back if we want to talk about my nastiest trades. That is at least if we want the context of real life, since my 2014 carry over has acquired a few differences from real life.

I think I traded for Josh Dolandson (remember my franchise started in 2014 the Jays didn't have him then) using a ham sandwich and a blockbuster gift card. I pretty heartily fleeced the Texas Rangers to get Xander Boegarts back (I had him as a rental) using a struggling 3B prospect who had way too high of demands and was clearly only ever going to be great at defence.

I think my best fleece though was a 1 for 1 trade in the 2014 year. Adam Lind for Eric Hosmer.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-22-2021, 06:57 PM   #5
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
Oh we have to go waaaay back if we want to talk about my nastiest trades. That is at least if we want the context of real life, since my 2014 carry over has acquired a few differences from real life.

I think I traded for Josh Dolandson (remember my franchise started in 2014 the Jays didn't have him then) using a ham sandwich and a blockbuster gift card. I pretty heartily fleeced the Texas Rangers to get Xander Boegarts back (I had him as a rental) using a struggling 3B prospect who had way too high of demands and was clearly only ever going to be great at defence.

I think my best fleece though was a 1 for 1 trade in the 2014 year. Adam Lind for Eric Hosmer.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app

Don’t feel bad. After all the Jays did fleece the A’s in real life to get Donaldson.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2021, 09:41 PM   #6
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm guilty of raising attributes of my low ranked minor leaguers, lowering the attributes of a star/stud prospect, making a trade and then resetting their attributes back to normal a time of two in my MLB The Show career...
Old 06-22-2021, 10:57 PM   #7
Rookie

This year exploits are worse than ever. I test this every year, and this is the first year where you can add complete garbage players to finish off a trade for a young superstar (Tatis, Soto, Vlad, etc.).

It seems like value has flattened out, and that young stud prospects -- guys like Pache, for example -- are valued about the same as replacement vets.

Things got worse this year, not better.

House rules and restraint.
Old 06-22-2021, 11:44 PM   #8
Rookie

Unfortunately I won't do a 30 man control so I get to sit back and watch the nightmare unfold!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »