Home

Fedor v. Rogers: Nov. 7 on CBS!

This is a discussion on Fedor v. Rogers: Nov. 7 on CBS! within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #1
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Fedor v. Rogers: Nov. 7 on CBS!

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/fed...7-on-cbs-19758
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2009, 05:22 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Fedor v. Rogers: Nov. 7 on CBS!

It'll be interesting to see how that goes. There's a couple big college football games that day that might end up in primetime on either ABC or ESPN. I'm not sure who has the rights to what games, but I'd imagine either LSU/Bama or Ohio State/Penn State would find its way to primetime. And USC's also got their game at night.

And that's not even accounting for what the UFC might do. I expect they'll throw together a Fight Night, which wouldn't be too tough considering they already have so many fights scheduled around that time. Maybe headline it by moving Little Nog/Cane from 106 and pull Bader/Schafer from the prelims on 104. Then they'd just have to fill it up with a few of the hungry mid-level guys that are always on the lookout for a UFC fight. That card wouldn't win over hardcore fans, but with the help of promoting it on TUF, it'd probably get a reasonable chunk of casual fans.

Regardless, all this is just going to add to the insane MMA action between now and UFC 107 in December.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:08 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
It'll be interesting to see how that goes. There's a couple big college football games that day that might end up in primetime on either ABC or ESPN. I'm not sure who has the rights to what games, but I'd imagine either LSU/Bama or Ohio State/Penn State would find its way to primetime. And USC's also got their game at night.

And that's not even accounting for what the UFC might do. I expect they'll throw together a Fight Night, which wouldn't be too tough considering they already have so many fights scheduled around that time. Maybe headline it by moving Little Nog/Cane from 106 and pull Bader/Schafer from the prelims on 104. Then they'd just have to fill it up with a few of the hungry mid-level guys that are always on the lookout for a UFC fight. That card wouldn't win over hardcore fans, but with the help of promoting it on TUF, it'd probably get a reasonable chunk of casual fans.

Regardless, all this is just going to add to the insane MMA action between now and UFC 107 in December.
Maybe White's got Hendo/Marquardt up his sleeves? There was rumors last week of that fight at 105, until the Couture/Vera fight was announced.

Also the Ohio State/Penn State game will most likely be on at 3:30. The Big 10 passed some rule where there couldn't be any night games in November. Being that LSU/Bama is an SEC game, it will probably be on CBS which would also put it on in the afternoon.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:09 PM   #4
MVP

That could work out in Strikeforce's favor if LSU/Bama is on in the afternoon. Big game to help promote the fights that night.

I doubt Hendo/Marquardt happens for a potential Fight Night. Hendo isn't even technically under contract right now, so to go from that, to fighting a #2/3 guy in just seven weeks, that's a pretty quick turnaround.

Since any card would have to be done on short notice, I think it makes the most sense to just move some fights around that were supposed to happen in October/November, at least for a main event or co-main event, considering those guys are already training and getting their weight in order and whatnot. Plus, both UFC 104 and 106 are overbooked in terms of Fight Night-level fights, so it's almost too convenient to just swap some fights around.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:13 AM   #5
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

Alright, who win's this fight though?

If it last just one round and stays standing-Rogers

If it goes past first round and Fedor gets him down-Fedor

Either way this will be Fedor's biggest challenge, and Rogers as well. Should be a great one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2009, 09:48 AM   #6
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYST2000
Alright, who win's this fight though?

If it last just one round and stays standing-Rogers

If it goes past first round and Fedor gets him down-Fedor

Either way this will be Fedor's biggest challenge, and Rogers as well. Should be a great one.
Fedor wins easily, IMO. If it goes longer than a minute I'll be surprised.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:20 AM   #7
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Hopefully get to see a fedor upset on my 21st birthday.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:53 PM   #8
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

Yeah I almost forgot the B10 passed the 3:30 November rule. Otherwise I would just setup two TV's done it before. My friend was saying that Sheild is fighting Jason Miller also. I have been a huge Mayhem Monkey for awhile now but I don't think he will beat sheilds. Should be a great fall for MMA.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »