Home

UFC Undisputed 2010 Interview (ESPN)

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 2010 Interview (ESPN) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2010, 07:44 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
UFC Undisputed 2010 Interview (ESPN)

ESPN's Jon Robinson goes one-on-one with producer Neven Dravinski to get the early details on UFC Undisputed 2010.

Quote:
Jon: "One of the coolest features I've seen from "UFC Undisputed 2010" is the addition of signature moves and submissions tied to the superstar fighters. How is that going to work?"

Dravinski: "That's a huge advent to the series. We're doing away with the arch types of just saying some guy is a boxer/wrestler. This is going to enable us to bring a much more realistic representation of each fighter. Last year we needed to makes some tough calls on guys. They might have been really skilled in BJJ, but we couldn't see them doing the rubber guard, so we called them a wrestler. So this year, being able to pick specific moves for fighters, moves that they're known for, really helps clean a lot of that up. Now BJ Penn will do his arm trap into a rear naked choke. We even got moves like "The Salaverry" in the game this year."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2010, 07:55 PM   #2
MVP

Parasight's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: UFC Undisputed 2010 Interview (ESPN)

Really starting to get hyped up for this. Can't wait for some gameplay videos!
Old 02-08-2010, 07:59 PM   #3
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Good read. Never heard of "The Salaverry". Can someone enlighten me?
Old 02-08-2010, 08:04 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Good read. Never heard of "The Salaverry". Can someone enlighten me?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Salaverry
Old 02-08-2010, 08:08 PM   #5
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
Ah the Crucifix, or the Roy Nelson special.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2010, 08:58 PM   #6
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

It all sounds awesome!

my only minor negative thoughts are why did he have to stress making it faster? There was nothing wrong with the gameplay speed...making it faster could turn me off a bit.

The 'shine'...ugh...I wish at least they would give me the option to button mash instead. The shine is damaging to controllers and not everyone can shine that fast either. They should cap it at a reasonable rate so that you know you're fighter is at 100% effort trying to get out without having to be the fastest shiner. so let;s say 2 rotations a second (just throwing out a number) maxes it out...so doing 2.5 or 3 doesn't make it better. That allows the attributes to take center stage more imo.

Like all companies...they get really excited talking about 'online'...I want the career/franchise etc...to be as deep or deeper than road to the show or power pros careers. Please make it ridiculous so that every single player fan will be forced to shut up (me included)
Old 02-08-2010, 09:08 PM   #7
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
It all sounds awesome!

my only minor negative thoughts are why did he have to stress making it faster? There was nothing wrong with the gameplay speed...making it faster could turn me off a bit.

The 'shine'...ugh...I wish at least they would give me the option to button mash instead. The shine is damaging to controllers and not everyone can shine that fast either. They should cap it at a reasonable rate so that you know you're fighter is at 100% effort trying to get out without having to be the fastest shiner. so let;s say 2 rotations a second (just throwing out a number) maxes it out...so doing 2.5 or 3 doesn't make it better. That allows the attributes to take center stage more imo.

Like all companies...they get really excited talking about 'online'...I want the career/franchise etc...to be as deep or deeper than road to the show or power pros careers. Please make it ridiculous so that every single player fan will be forced to shut up (me included)
Yeah gameplay speed was fine. I wonder if they are using real time 5 min rounds instead of accelerated time?
Old 02-08-2010, 09:18 PM   #8
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Yeah gameplay speed was fine. I wonder if they are using real time 5 min rounds instead of accelerated time?
if I had to guess they'll go with pretty much the same 2x accelerated clock. This was only really an issue for people that liked to posture and position exclusively on the ground.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »