Home

Top 3 scariest men in MMA

This is a discussion on Top 3 scariest men in MMA within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2010, 05:04 PM   #17
Banned

feedthehorse28's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Top 3 scariest men in MMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Bas Ruten,Gilbert Yvel and probably one of or all of the Diaz's (there's 3 right?). They're all crazy that's why. Though Bas is more crazy in the good way.
Gah, I hate the Diaz brothers and Gracie's thug crew. Just a bunch of punks who think they're the ****
Old 06-16-2010, 05:47 PM   #18
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

I once had a dream that Brock Lesnar was winning fights by simply snapping their limbs in half on command. It was the most frightening nightmare I've ever had.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:58 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 25

Totally by looks alone...

1-Monson
2-Kimbo
3-Wanderlei

MMA skills

1-Brock/Carwin (tie)
2-Rua
3-Sonnen - he is quite tapped in the head honestly...thats scary.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:46 PM   #20
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

I don't get what's so scary about Lesnar, the dude is an all-talk bully in my opinion. He says that he gets a rise out of hurting people like he is some kind of sick maniac, yet he tapped hard and fast like a little girl when Frank Mir subbed him.....that's not tough/scary in my opinion. As much as I don't like him, Chael Sonnen talks the tough guy talk, but at least he backed it up by being willing to allow Paulo Filho to break his arm before the referee stopped the fight anyway.

To me, scary/tough is about being that way all of the time, not simply when you are winning or on top (e.g. Brock Lesnar). I'm not saying that Brock isn't very talented, because he is, but he ain't scary to me. I find guys like Caol Uno kind of scary (not necessarily physically imposing, but he's got tons of heart), because I saw Aoki put him in some sick submissions, had his arm severely hyper-extended but the guy escaped every submission and never tapped. When you throw almost everything you have at a guy (99% of it would tap most people instantly) and the dude is still standing, that's gotta be pretty freakin' scary.

Lesnar seems like a typical bully to me, once he starts getting hit in the mouth by some TALENTED Heavyweights, I think he'll fold. Heck, Frank Mir caught him with a nice knee in their second fight, but Frank wasn't smart enough to follow up and keep the fight standing.

My List:
1. Fedor
2. Alistair Overeem
3. Bas Rutten (he's a super-nice guy, but he is one of the most dangerous men walking the planet)

Last edited by Illustrator76; 06-16-2010 at 09:08 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:51 PM   #21
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Illustrator, if you ever get to see Brock in person, I'd like you to slap him, grab sable's breast, then tell him to F off. Come back to the board and tell us if your opinion has changed or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 06:57 PM   #22
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Illustrator, if you ever get to see Brock in person, I'd like you to slap him, grab sable's breast, then tell him to F off. Come back to the board and tell us if your opinion has changed or not.
Dude, if that's the case then every fighter in MMA is scary, because probably none of us can beat them in real life. I'm putting things in to the context of the discussion. I would never pick a fight with Brock, any other fighter or any other person walking the planet for that matter, but if the guy disrespects/tries to hurt my wife or kids, I wouldn't think twice about fighting him. I'm not at all saying I'd win, but I never once said I'd just go up and slap Brock, disrespect him or touch his woman either. You did.

I looked at the list as if I were an MMA fighter. If I was an MMA fighter, I wouldn't be scared of anyone (at least you are not supposed to be), but if I had to make a list, Brock wouldn't be in it. I'd look at him as a bully that just needs to get hit in the mouth. I could be wrong, I could be right, but it's my list and I'm sticking to it, and furthermore it's all in fun

Last edited by Illustrator76; 06-16-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:05 PM   #23
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Yeah they need custom gloves made for both guys, but Carwin's are a size bigger. Just pretty scary to basically be hit with a grapefruit-sized ball of bone and muscle at insane speeds... shout out to Frank Mir.

EDIT: Yeah, my god... there's no way Silva avoids that level of aggressiveness and he'd have to really fight his *** off... would've been awesome.

Here's a Carwin pic with some gigantic random person, whose hands look like a little kid's next to Shane's despite being as tall or taller.. pretty nutty.
Here is Lesnar and Carwin themselves.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:14 PM   #24
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
Dude, if that's the case then every fighter in MMA is scary, because probably none of us can beat them in real life. I'm putting things in to the context of the discussion. I would never pick a fight with Brock or any other fighter, but if the guy disrespects/tries to hurt my wife or kids, I wouldn't think twice about fighting him. I'm not at all saying I'd win, but I never said I'd just go up and slap him or touch his woman either. You did.

I looked at the list as if I were an MMA fighter. If I was an MMA fighter, I wouldn't be scared of anyone (at least you are not supposed to be), but if I had to make a list, Brock wouldn't be in it. I'd look at him as a bully that just needs to get hit in the mouth. I could be wrong, I could be right, but it's my list and I'm sticking to it, and furthermore it's all in fun
True. I'm just saying looking at him and not knowing he was an MMA fighter, would you not think twice about picking a fight w/ him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »