Home

UFC Undisputed 2010 Patch Update and Hello Again...

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 2010 Patch Update and Hello Again... within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2010, 12:04 PM   #41
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: UFC Undisputed 2010 Patch Update and Hello Again...

Skillz, great advice. What I don't understand is how come we have to go through all that but the CPU can sub us even if we have full bar. I got subbed by Shaub an I was Brock in the first 20 seconds. I wasn't gassed at all. Jus don't get it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2010, 02:50 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 22

Tank you seem like a good guy who got sucked into a bad situation. A lot of the things you say sound like excuses. You've quoted post with suggestion several times complementing them and saying that you would definitely discuss it with THQ. Then we get the patch and it's bull ****. I'm pretty much done with this series because I honestly feel that it will only get worse. You may end up becoming the Madden that you speak of. Adding flash while the core is just bad. I wish you the best though.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:04 PM   #43
Rookie

IIIISICKNESSIII's Arena

OVR: 1

Hey guys, this is for everyone who is unable to get submissions. Getting a sub early in a match such as the 1st round is difficult but can be done if executed fluidly and with perfect timing.
When you get someone on the ground you may have noticed that you can get free hits in or an easy transition if you time it right, like right when they try to swing on you or right after you block 1 of their transition attempts. THATS YOUR CUE.
1 way I get alot of subs is by getting muay thai clinch against the cage and just wearing them out by alternating knees and punches to the body with knees and elbows to the face and then throw in the rear leg knee where you swing their head. If you do this well enough you'll more than likely knock them out but alot of the time they end up gassed, they still have most of their permanent stamina but their temporary stamina bar will be empty, at that point you can pull guard or just throw knees till they get the counter takedown [which is stupid but for some reason people will actually go to the ground with you having no stamina just to get out of the muay thai clinch against the cage] and then I pull rubberguard instantly [which they cant block because they have no stamina still] and get an easy triangle or gogoplata.
I get 1st round submissions all the time like this but I'm always muay thai/jui jitsu guys. I dont know if it will work with regular clinch but like I said I don't do wrestlers and stuff so you guys can try it and tell me if it works for you.
Remember though guys some people just won't be able to tap out other people with out putting a little work in on the body it's just the way it is.
On another note, does anyone else miss being able to choose whether you could use power or technical ability to do subs? I think it added more strategy to the subs but I heard kids were using modded/turbo controllers to get/fight subs. If thats the case I guess I understand them removing button mashing, but I still miss it.
Oh, and to Tank, I apreciate you taking your time to get on here and listen to us all complain about your game, I know this probably isn't the part of your day you look forward to the most, but we really apreciate having someone on here who's actually listening. So Thanks man. Peace!
Old 06-27-2010, 05:10 PM   #44
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I miss it thats for sure. There should at least be an option to use it if you want to use it. They should have learned from EA last year when they took it out of Fight Night but were forced to add it back in a patch after thousands of email complaints from people who wanted buttons to punch instead of stick only.

That might have been one reason UFC 2010 didn't sell as well as last year is because people got wind of you can only do subs by shine only. Limiting the consumer options to play the way they want to play will always rub people the wrong way and turn them off from your product.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:36 PM   #45
Rookie

IIIISICKNESSIII's Arena

Yeah I really hope they bring it back, personally I feel like I can button smash almost as fast as any modded controller. I hope they bring the sweeps back too, maybe they could just add some sweeps for the other styles too since they're obviously more worried about everything being fair rather than having a realistic game.
I don't know though, maybe I'm just givin'em a hard time, what do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2010, 08:47 PM   #46
Banned

feedthehorse28's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIISICKNESSIII
Yeah I really hope they bring it back, personally I feel like I can button smash almost as fast as any modded controller. I hope they bring the sweeps back too, maybe they could just add some sweeps for the other styles too since they're obviously more worried about everything being fair rather than having a realistic game.
I don't know though, maybe I'm just givin'em a hard time, what do you guys think?
Yes sweeps DEFINITELY need to make it back in the game. And as far them trying to make the game "fair," that's bull****. If I'm online and I pick a BJJ guy and the other dude chooses a guy with zero ground game, then that is his fault having poor strategy. The game doesn't need to help make up the deficit just because some guy likes Kimbo and he wants to fight with him. Strategy is a big part of sports games and games in general. If I'm playing Madden and some guy chooses the Patriots and I have a corner that's gonna get burned by Randy Moss they don't make it to where he can't throw it to Moss just to make things "fair" and "balanced." What's the point in having different fighting styles if we can't take advantage of their strengths and weaknesses?
Old 06-27-2010, 08:55 PM   #47
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedthehorse28
What's the point in having different fighting styles if we can't take advantage of their strengths and weaknesses?

Bingo. Everybody on this game has the same moves. You got wrestlers doing judo throws, high kicks, muay thai clinches & arm triangles. BJJ fighters with stand ups on the same level as boxers.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:02 AM   #48
Rookie

IIIISICKNESSIII's Arena

Yeah, I think you guys are right about the 'fair' nonsense. I like that I can go learn moves from different styles but I also miss being 'scared' to go to the ground with a bjj guy or to be in the clinch with a wrestler or muay thai fighter. I don't know what they should do to fix it, all I know is someone better think of something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »