Home

UFC Undisputed 2010 Patch Update and Hello Again...

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 2010 Patch Update and Hello Again... within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2010, 04:48 PM   #65
Go Wings!

OVR: 41
Re: UFC Undisputed 2010 Patch Update and Hello Again...

Subbing is way easy now lol (and I was complaining pre-patch)...

All you have to do with a BJJ guy is clinch suplex to side control, arm triangle (without shine or strength), that takes you to half guard when he gets out...repeat until energy's a little low, then slap it on and shine hardcore.

It's also easy from the bottom if the guy is using his energy, slap on the triangle from full guard, butterfly, or rubber guard.

I have had a little trouble against decent ground guys on expert, because they're more likely to reverse me and get me in a bad spot.

I know Maia's awesome at subs, but he can seriously sub at will if you just get their energy down a bit on Expert.

I'm interested to see exactly how EA does submissions, I think I'm tiring of this system and its limitations, I dunno.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2010, 03:17 PM   #66
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedthehorse28
If you get their temporary stamina bar to be completely empty when you start the submission, it takes about a second and a half of shining and they'll tap. That's what I would consider a flash submission and it can be accomplished in one of two ways.

1) Work the clinch (against the cage or not, it doesn't really matter) until they become gassed, then take them down and slap on the first submission available.

2) Gain side control and attempt and arm triangle but don't shine, just let their stamina run all the way down. Then once they escape you should still be in side control so just try it again and this time shine.

Both of those are kind of cheating, but hey, it's no more cheap then CPU subbing you with full stamina after getting their *** handed to them the whole fight.
I think you meant to say get to mount and let them escape which puts you back in side control and try it again. Unless top BJJ guys don't lose the position if you don't shine.

And I also hate the sub system as it is now. I can tell that after the patch the game plays a little better but the sub system still sucks and you have to be cheap to submit someone.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:05 AM   #67
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
Flash sub, not really - but sub within 45 seconds of the 1st round with top level submission guys, yes. It still relies on tactics to bring down their energy, though.

It doesn't seem any easier or harder to me, actually. Feels exactly the same.
since the patch i have 3 flash sub's online...have yet to get flash ko, but had one on me once.

All of my flash's came from arm-bar's catching a punch from guard, 2 with kenny florian.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:42 PM   #68
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

How many guys are sticking with UFC 2010 and how many are going back to UFC 2009? I'm curious to know.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:27 PM   #69
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

I'm back to 2009. Loving it too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 06-30-2010, 11:40 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
How many guys are sticking with UFC 2010 and how many are going back to UFC 2009? I'm curious to know.
I'm running with 2009.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:57 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 3

With the cap of 50 on sparring sessions it's virtually impossible to compete in career mode. Why not just cap the CAFs to the best real UFC fighter in that weight division's overall rating when fighting online? Essentially, you guys ruined your career mode for the sake of online play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 06:21 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 16

Thats one of the main gripes I have with the game. They do things for the sake of onlineplay, however it comes at the cost of SP gameplay. The whole patch made offline worse than before. That is why I deleted the patch, because it only caters the online fraction of the users. Like with every good game, if you have a solid foundation in terms of gameplay, both single and multiplayer can be done so that nobody feels an unfair disadvantage. However if you look at the gripes in the game, they mostly come from multiplayer thinking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »