Home

Constructive feedback about EA MMA

This is a discussion on Constructive feedback about EA MMA within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2010, 12:22 PM   #17
EA Sports MMA Animation Director

Anim8or's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Constructive feedback about EA MMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
body hooks from button spammers need to go. or give a filter to just not play button users for tsc users. right now people are creating boxers with maxed out hand speed, power, and tdd. when a button user throws hook combos, even if their 1st shot misses or is parried, the 2nd shot can be thrown without any need to recover from the missed strike, and also way faster than a stick user can parry the other side. this is the only gameplay balance flaw in the game so far, but it is major because no skill guys are just spamming body hooks because you cant slip them you cant parry them they dont lose stamina fast enough and with 95 tdd, you cant even take them down effectively. needs to be patched to slow down button users or make the counter window extend to after they throw as well so a well placed jab between the hooks can land and possibly stun the spammer.
Parry then jab/cross, if they keep spamming you will often stun them with the cross, if not follow through with a hook and you will probably knock them down - their chin is CRAZY vulnerable when throwing body strikes all you need is to plant one jab to gain advantage, I love playing guys that spam body punches.
Electronic Arts Tiburon
-------------------------------------------
Old 10-24-2010, 04:18 PM   #18
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anim8or
Parry then jab/cross, if they keep spamming you will often stun them with the cross, if not follow through with a hook and you will probably knock them down - their chin is CRAZY vulnerable when throwing body strikes all you need is to plant one jab to gain advantage, I love playing guys that spam body punches.
problem is with classic controls they are able to throw another punch right off of being parried, it doesnt throw off their rhythm, so hitting the counter is very difficult because you most likely are going to be the one thats countered off the punch coming off the off hand that was parried. and you get stunned by a button user and its pretty much over. thats whats broken, button spaming of hooks, needs to take more stamina, and a parried shot needs to make them have a recovery, not just have them be able to throw the next shot in the combo with no screwing up their rhythm. thats the exploit, against a "tsc"er the parry works and if they spam the body, you can like you say follow the parry with a cross, that works quite well, against a classic button masher, say you parry the left, you go to throw the cross, well the right is coming right off of that and countering you, not you making the counter. this is where the major problem is.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:22 PM   #19
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Oh yeah...........that move is in the game. Crap now I am trying to remember who Mir did it against then since it wasn't against Brock. I know it was against a wrestler......might have been earlier in his career.

I wish they had the drag in the game, it would be cool. In the game it pretty much an instant take down.
Tank Abbott at UFC 41 maybe. Though that was actually while he was upside down during a triangle attempt but it wasn't a straight up back mount. That must be it because that's the only other time he's won with a leg lock.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:16 PM   #20
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah probably so.....wow that seems so long ago,,,,,,UFC 41.....we just had UFC 121. I feel so old now..... : (
Old 10-26-2010, 03:30 PM   #21
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anim8or
Hey man, for whatever reason, when using TSC in online fights, it seems like my uppercuts seldom trigger when I do the gesture. Any idea why?

Last edited by NYG_Meth; 10-26-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2010, 04:31 PM   #22
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Ha, also, who's the jerk who added "Meth" to the censored name list. IT'S MY LAST NAME! Now whenever I fight online, I show up as "Mike ****." I really wish I could use my name...
Old 10-27-2010, 09:36 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 4

If I have one major beef - it's that they didn't learn from UFC 2009 and they make it so only one person can attack at a time. Being frozen in place while the CPU throws 5 knees in the clinch to the body gets tiring after a while, same with not being able to strike back or move because the AI is kicking his heel into me from his guard.

This needs to be fixed for sure.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:58 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

I would like to see a graphical representation of body damage. When I'm working legs or stomach I'd like to see bruises.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »