Home

EA Sports MMA One and Done?

This is a discussion on EA Sports MMA One and Done? within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2010, 04:56 AM   #57
Pro

OVR: 33
No doubt EA released MMA thinking that the UFC license would be on the cards for them. No way will they release another MMA titled game. Leave the genre to THQ & focus more on getting it right with the Fight Night series.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:46 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 1
I would have loved to have seen women in the game. Strikeforce respects women's MMA and gives them TV time so I was hoping they would get them in the game as well. Hell I'd love to play as Cyborg and stomp the hell out of Carano again and again....and again....
Old 10-26-2010, 11:54 AM   #59
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Not the biggest fan of the sport. But exclusive licenses suck any way you slice it. This is NOT good news. But I will admit to a small chuckle that it's EA.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:04 PM   #60
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: EA Sports MMA One and Done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KabutoRyder
I would have loved to have seen women in the game. Strikeforce respects women's MMA and gives them TV time so I was hoping they would get them in the game as well. Hell I'd love to play as Cyborg and stomp the hell out of Carano again and again....and again....
I really think the addition of the women would have also added something to the game if they had the time. Personally, I would love a name change to MMA Strikeforce and also include the worldwide fighters like they currently do. My brother and I just played Fight Now matches last night so I haven't jumped in yet to the career.........but when you are in a SF career are there Showtime and CBS logos or any kind of presentation revolving around those brands? I keep reading that presentation is sparse in career, so that kind of stinks. It would have been cool to incorporate graphics from their cards on Showtime and CBS.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:44 PM   #61
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

I have friends who say they know what UFC is, but don't know what MMA is........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2010, 01:50 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I have friends who say they know what UFC is, but don't know what MMA is........
lol... That's brilliant marketing by the UFC. It's like someone knowing what the NBA is, but not basketball.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:55 PM   #63
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Yep...and as someone who prefers ring based mma...I just say UFC now to avoid the explanation.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:30 PM   #64
Pro

OVR: 0

I think that's the biggest factor here, to most MMA doesn't exist, to them MMA IS Ultimate Fighting.

Also, maybe it's not so much about knowing the athletes, rather it's brand recognition. For instance I don't follow the NHL and I don't know any of the athletes in the sport, but if there's a hockey game out there that I like I'll buy it. I know the NHL is the pinnacle of the sport, so I know what I'm getting.

With StrikeForce and the fighters in EA MMA, there's no brand recognition, thus they probably feel as if they're paying for 2nd tier content. Which as fans we know isn't the case, but to them the UFC is the be all end all to MMA. I told my cousin about the game not long ago, his first question was who's in the game, when I told him it was mainly StrikeForce fighters he immediately lost all interest in the game. EA and StrikeForce needs to do more in order to bolster their brand and their fighters. Showcase these athletes and convince the world that they're just as good as the UFC guys.

Last edited by Lakers 24 7; 10-26-2010 at 03:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »