Home

Guide to Beating Domination and Historic Domination

This is a discussion on Guide to Beating Domination and Historic Domination within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2015, 09:39 PM   #9
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Guide to Beating Domination and Historic Domination

This is a video of the assisted post-spin technician dunk

Net total = 15 MT points off this one play alone.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/mistahanz/video/13005790

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/mistahanz/video/13005759

They key here is spacing and being quick but smooth on the sticks so it all progresses nicely into a transition bucket.

Some are more comfortable using the post fadeaway which will net you a cool 12 MT off the assist. I'm more comfortable right now with the post spin dunk as my goto move - you could also use the layup and it would net you 14 MT, only a 1pt difference.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 11-30-2015 at 09:42 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:18 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
This is a video of the assisted post-spin technician dunk

Net total = 15 MT points off this one play alone.
Very, very nice. If I were still trying to complete Domination, I would definitely practice to get the Post-Spin to dunk off quickly. It's a good move to master, in general. And you're right: it's all about the spacing.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:51 PM   #11
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

This is the YouTuber that made me a believer in the trap and press defense for Domination games.

Markyshizzle is his name and while I don't subscribe to the full court press he enjoys running: I opted for the half court trap which can be equally effective if not more effective.

https://youtu.be/ymkylYlOO60

Watch this video here as he takes on the Historic All Historic All-Stars.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2015, 07:02 PM   #12
Rookie

AussieAdz19's Arena

Top post for all people who are struggling in Dom. I'm taking it slowly through the Historic Domination because some players are still locked and unavailable.

My lineup is usually same starting 5 of Wall, Butler, Kawhi, Carmelo, Drummond/Cousins. But I like to use silvers for the bench to save contacts. I picked up Dynamic Rondae Hollis-Jefferson and decided to use him, poor man's MKG with speed, athleticism but no jumper. Gets Offensive Rebounds like his life depends on it lol.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2015, 08:07 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAdz19
Top post for all people who are struggling in Dom. I'm taking it slowly through the Historic Domination because some players are still locked and unavailable.
You shouldn't wait. They just "unlocked" a bunch of cards, so I think it's safe to assume that, if you were to "not get" someone, that would just be temporary. Don't know which platform you're on, but on PC where rarity is even more extreme, unreleased, rare Historic players can be sold for quite a bit, making Historic Domination very profitable.
Old 12-04-2015, 02:53 AM   #14
Rookie

FLYERS PRIDE's Arena

I cannot seem to get the warrior one done. How in the world do you get 810 points!!! I tried everything. HC press/man/fc press/man. Nothing.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:09 AM   #15
Pro

How does the lineup actually influence your outcome? Does it make any difference if you play with an all gold or include silvers in your line up in terms of MT?

I tried to hit from the post with hook shots, dream shakers and spin dunks, but the cpu defense destroys everything by fouling. Also post fades are so much harder than last year, Melo, Love, Bosh, they all hit like 1-5 post fades with slightly early or slightly late.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2015, 12:11 PM   #16
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iker30
How does the lineup actually influence your outcome? Does it make any difference if you play with an all gold or include silvers in your line up in terms of MT?

I tried to hit from the post with hook shots, dream shakers and spin dunks, but the cpu defense destroys everything by fouling. Also post fades are so much harder than last year, Melo, Love, Bosh, they all hit like 1-5 post fades with slightly early or slightly late.
Makes no difference, only in terms of how much you spend on contracts. Post fades are still strong for some guys, especially Dirk, MJ, and LMA. You can also use the +9 PFA shoe for those others.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »