Home

Guide to Beating Domination and Historic Domination

This is a discussion on Guide to Beating Domination and Historic Domination within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2015, 07:50 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Guide to Beating Domination and Historic Domination

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kNerd
I'm gonna roll with the post up game and see how it goes. Luckily I still get decent defense and athleticism/fast breaks with these guys because Aguirre and Cummings are solid as far as that goes.
I also wish that more diverse lineups and playing style were more viable. But, in Domination, it just isn't once you get past a certain point. I think you're about to run into a wall of sorts, in terms of nuanced post play is concerned. You'll be able to win, but after a certain point, you probably won't be able to get enough MT to get 3 stars. (Or, at least, it'll be incredibly difficult.)

If you work the post in a sustained way, then you'll have to forego the +5 Assist bonus. Even when doing Post-Fade Cheese, you have to be really quick about it: one, maybe two dribbles closer to the basket, max, then gotta shoot.

And while there are some workarounds, even just getting a strong post-up guard into a post-up position can often take up too much time.

A real shame. Once I finished both Dominations and started back in Challenges, I found it really liberating that I could start playing to win, instead of cheese MT-generating tactics.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:52 PM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
yes, it affects the shape and characteristics of the offense and coincides with PoE and Coach offensive structure.
I'm unclear, however, on whether or not a Playbook matters at all if one is manually setting PoE and/or Freelance Offense.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:28 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
yes, it affects the shape and characteristics of the offense and coincides with PoE and Coach offensive structure.

@2knerd I remember when Aguirre and Cummings played together in college. I remember Phil Ford at UNC. geez I feel old. I started watching bball when I was 4 or 5 y/o.
Yeah...we are roughly the same age. My first memories of pro hoops were the 86-87 Cavs...which puts me at 6 or 7 years old. Although...it may have been 85-86...I'm not 100% sure. I just know Phil Hubbard was starting. And Price/Harper/Daugherty were all just getting started.

The first game I saw in person was this one - http://www.basketball-reference.com/...711140CLE.html

I just remember seeing a young Dell Curry shoot the basketball for the Cavs....and the Bad Boys...it was awesome. Now I'm watching his son as the NBA MVP.

I have a question...are the Freelance offenses this year built into the play books? Can they be changed?

I watched a few videos from Da Czar about this...but still not 100% sure. Been too busy to watch more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2015, 08:36 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
I also wish that more diverse lineups and playing style were more viable. But, in Domination, it just isn't once you get past a certain point. I think you're about to run into a wall of sorts, in terms of nuanced post play is concerned. You'll be able to win, but after a certain point, you probably won't be able to get enough MT to get 3 stars. (Or, at least, it'll be incredibly difficult.)

If you work the post in a sustained way, then you'll have to forego the +5 Assist bonus. Even when doing Post-Fade Cheese, you have to be really quick about it: one, maybe two dribbles closer to the basket, max, then gotta shoot.

And while there are some workarounds, even just getting a strong post-up guard into a post-up position can often take up too much time.

A real shame. Once I finished both Dominations and started back in Challenges, I found it really liberating that I could start playing to win, instead of cheese MT-generating tactics.
The one thing I have learned is that if you don't have too many post players, it's a little easier to get a guard into the post. I did this last year with the Gold Gary Payton card at PG and SG.

I'm pretty sure that the Quick Play menu the "Post Up" option is set to the player with the highest Post Control rating. Right now I'm using a Beverley-Aguirre-Korver-Cummings-Ostertag starting lineup. And my Quick Play Call menu has "Post Up Aguirre".

So...that makes it a bit easier to exploit that matchup. And I'm using the Warriors playbook...so there are some opportunities to post up Cummings and Aguirre built into things.

I know there will be a "wall" I hit eventually as far as this strategy goes...but I just want to be able to play real basketball as long as possible before getting to a point where I have to "cheese" non-stop.

Right now, I'm still playing basketball...just with a few more post ups and post fades built in.

I'm actually liking the style as with Ostertag as a rim runner and offensive rebounder...and Korver spotting up...and Beverley's balanced offensive game. It's actually quite fun, and the defensive rotations I'm getting from the post ups are giving me different opportunities that I wasn't seeing earlier trying to play a Stretch 4 with a focus on uptempo and passing.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:35 AM   #37
Rookie

meccs's Arena

Quote:
All coaches have the same PoEs though. At least the 10 or so I have have all the exact same PoEs. I'm using Pop because of the A+/A+ but what would be the best playbook for fastbreaks and quick basketball in general (if it indeed has any influence).
Old 12-09-2015, 03:29 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:

@2knerd I remember when Aguirre and Cummings played together in college. I remember Phil Ford at UNC. geez I feel old. I started watching bball when I was 4 or 5 y/o.
Hmmm I'd like to compare drivers licenses.

Sent from my LGLS751 using Tapatalk
Old 12-09-2015, 03:52 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by meccs
All coaches have the same PoEs though. At least the 10 or so I have have all the exact same PoEs. I'm using Pop because of the A+/A+ but what would be the best playbook for fastbreaks and quick basketball in general (if it indeed has any influence).
and thats yet another thing I think they goofed. how can all coaches have same PoE? playbooks do matter though in half court if I am not mistaken.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:25 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kNerd
I know there will be a "wall" I hit eventually as far as this strategy goes...but I just want to be able to play real basketball as long as possible before getting to a point where I have to "cheese" non-stop.
Props to you on that. It, actually, really messed up my sense of the game. Before Patch 3, I heard about, mastered, and used the L2 Post Move glitch for MT and it became reflex that I couldn't stop from using in RttP/Gauntlet/Challenges. Took me 10-15 games to stop reflexively pulling L2 basically every single time I ever shot the ball.

Other, less, glaring bad habits are still part of how I play.

Good to see how far you can go without going full cheese.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »