Home

What is Your Most Frustrating Gameplay Issue With RTTP Currently?

This is a discussion on What is Your Most Frustrating Gameplay Issue With RTTP Currently? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2016, 06:52 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What is Your Most Frustrating Gameplay Issue With RTTP Currently?

The most frustrating part to me is when some moron you're playing gets up 6 or so early and gets on the microphone to say " you ain't nothing b#%/h " or " all day, all day ". Then you come back and all they do is whine that John wall is turbo turning it over and they quit by halftime. I just turn the sound down on my TV to nothing sometimes.

Took a disconnect loss up against a clown too and almost threw the contoller.

Was so mad at myself last night , lost to some fool in ot after having lead earlier in the 4th but somehow I couldn't make anything at all. Then ot they went completely cheese fest and I lost my cool and blew it big time.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:16 PM   #18
Pro

As soon as someone I am against starts talking **** I open up a party chat and go in there so I don't have to hear their annoying *** voices. Prioritize party over game and you can still hear all the game audio just won't hear them. And they won't hear you either. It's actually a huge flaw that 2k doesn't let you mute the other player in game. In the park you can mute anyone you like during the game, but in Myteam, RTTP and gauntlet there is no mute option.

I lost a couple frustrating games last night too. Lost 3 in a row actually, was a rough night. Now I am actually fighting not to get demoted.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:23 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba13laze
As soon as someone I am against starts talking **** I open up a party chat and go in there so I don't have to hear their annoying *** voices. Prioritize party over game and you can still hear all the game audio just won't hear them. And they won't hear you either.

I lost a couple frustrating games last night too. Lost 3 in a row actually, was a rough night. Now I am actually fighting not to get demoted.
yeah, that one I lost earlier it was a guy talking ****. I hate talkers. especially because he wasn't that good. all my guys just got cold rings for nothing.

anyway, just lost one a minute ago that made me want to throw the controller. look up in 3rd quarter and my controller settings have been altered, def assist on 100 (I play on 0 or 5). it not only doesn't save but it changes stuff. worst is when you are on a fast break and the guy decides to do some stupid spin instead of firing the 3 or dunking, then you look in settings and see they changed the s*** to pro stick>dribble moves.

then the game I just lost I could've won but it gave me some s**tty playbook with horrible plays and the offensive scheme had everyone running around on the outside and spacing was crap even with Space The Floor on. My patience is wearing thin with this stuff. All this push for these pack sales but they won't fix this crap. I am sorry, I cannot remember to re-save my controller settings EVERY TIME before I enter RTTP or Gauntlet. I had re-saved my playbook before this game and they still gave me some b.s. playbook.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:17 PM   #20
Pro

Before every game now I remember to go into my franchise and reset all my stuff, jerseys, coach, playbook, etc.. it seems to do the trick, since I started doing that I haven't been in a game with a random playbook.

Every now and then 2k will change my settings for pro stick from default to dribble moves, 1 possession I will do a spin out of bounds instead of a dunk, I will change it, and move on. Thankfully they let you change that setting in the game, opposed to in the park when it randomly changes your stick from direction base to absolute, you have to close the park, open my career, change settings, and reload the park, which is total nonsense.

Last night I started seed 4 for the 2nd time, first attempt I went 5-5 then had to reset. So the very first game it gave me a 0-0 loss, great way to start. Then game 2 and 3 I lost, one of them by 2 pts, other by 10. Nothing was going my way. Granted, I changed my lineup a fair bit and it was my first games running with few new guys.

Played one more game this morning and won, so I am 1-3 right now. Winning 5 to repeat isn't that scary right now, but I am not confident that I can go 7-1.

Definitely I understand your frustration with RTTP. I am losing a fair bit, and most of the time when I lose it is to someone worse than me. Rarely I play someone who is actually very skilled, and I don't mind taking those losses.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:38 PM   #21
MVP

also, I don't like how the offensive player feels the defensive pressure and alters his shot. sometimes the guy will be behind me and even though its not a contest, it seems like the cpu views it as valid defensive pressure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2016, 08:44 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
also, I don't like how the offensive player feels the defensive pressure and alters his shot. sometimes the guy will be behind me and even though its not a contest, it seems like the cpu views it as valid defensive pressure.
Yes! The "presence" of the big man in the paint is taken WAY too far. I missed 2 open, uncontested layups with rip hamilton. Both times, dwight from the other team was in the paint. He was standing beside/behind me, not even contesting anything, not in front, no hand up.. But because he was nearby the commentator was all like "look at that pressure from dwight forcing the missed layup" and I was screaming at my tv HE WASNT EVEN THERE!

ALSO.. what gets me yelling at my tv.. When I have someone standing at the 3 point line in the corner wide open, I dish it to him, and as I pass it, the AI makes my guy cut into the paint and the pass gets picked off. He is not cutting until I pass the ball. It's as if as soon as I start the passing motion, he sprints out of position. I scream WHY DID YOU CUT at my tv once every 2 or 3 games.

Last edited by Bubba13laze; 01-22-2016 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:32 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba13laze
Yes! The "presence" of the big man in the paint is taken WAY too far. I missed 2 open, uncontested layups with rip hamilton. Both times, dwight from the other team was in the paint. He was standing beside/behind me, not even contesting anything, not in front, no hand up.. But because he was nearby the commentator was all like "look at that pressure from dwight forcing the missed layup" and I was screaming at my tv HE WASNT EVEN THERE!

ALSO.. what gets me yelling at my tv.. When I have someone standing at the 3 point line in the corner wide open, I dish it to him, and as I pass it, the AI makes my guy cut into the paint and the pass gets picked off. He is not cutting until I pass the ball. It's as if as soon as I start the passing motion, he sprints out of position. I scream WHY DID YOU CUT at my tv once every 2 or 3 games.
I miss a lot of open passes because of this type stuff and also the extremely horrible DIRECTIONAL PASSING. Whether set to direction or openness they still through it to the wrong man sometimes. Push to the right, they throw it left....sometimes it will throw to the guy he is beside you but a lil behind you and thats dumb when you are pressing forward. soooooo many times instead of passing to the open man, it passes to the wrong man and gets picked off.

the cpu teammates are about as dumb as your gonna get. they are lazy and clueless. how many times have you pushed the ball up court and try and hit a the trailing shooter for an open 3 and this fool is still standing in the backcourt with his finger up is *** lol.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:02 PM   #24
Rookie

I about died this one game. Opponent was passing the ball as fast as possible to every possible teammate and my guys just watched it happen. I tend to get picked off trying to throw more than 3 passes in a row because someone moves somewhere stupid. I even put whole team on smother and deny but my computer teammates just stood there like their hands and feet hurt. I thought it would hit one just by accident!

My substitute menu comes up sometime and I can't get it off the screen again. Hence that happens, I can't make certain moves in the game or call timeout or anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »