Home

What is Your Most Frustrating Gameplay Issue With RTTP Currently?

This is a discussion on What is Your Most Frustrating Gameplay Issue With RTTP Currently? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2016, 01:25 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
What is Your Most Frustrating Gameplay Issue With RTTP Currently?

As much as comebacking frustrates me, right now, there is nothing like the bump animation that causes the player to lose the ball. This is straight up b.s. I keep hearing they tweaked it but it happens way too often still and it is not realistic or logical.

So it happens in Gauntlet with me, but it doesn't happen much anymore because I am more aware of it and plus its 3-3. In half court RTTP its gonna happen a lot due to the traffic.

Although if you avoid turbo-charging into your defender it greatly reduces chances of this happening....it still happens when not on the turbo at all. Big men do it all the time and its not realistic. They bump into another big and there goes the ball, sometimes they can recover the ball and lose it again 2 or 3 times in a possession and thats really unrealistic.

Also, why is the ball always out on the offense when clearly it looks like the defender touched it. Likewise with the dumb kick ball call.

The worst part of this is when Chris Paul or Steph bump into a defender on the off-ball side and the ball just comes loose. High ball security guys just don't drop the ball like this. Again, I can kinda understand them putting this in for turbo abusers but its not right, I pump fake a guy on the baseline, he bites then I try to burst to the basket for a dunk as someone would IRL and happen to get hung on the defender as he comes down from his jump and lose the ball. man...gtfoh. The fact that this happens so much when you don't have your hand on turbo proves that its a bad thing that needs to be fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2016, 01:29 PM   #2
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Re: What is Your Most Frustrating Gameplay Issue With RTTP Currently?

Other than the comebacks, I'd definitely say the phantom fouls on me when I play hands up defense and my cpu commits an unnecessary foul.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:30 PM   #3
Pro

Mine is when guys realize that this is a way to cheese and make it impossible for me to run a half court offense because the are just running at the ball with John wall or Westbrook until I drop it for no freaking reason

Sent from my iPhone with minimal cares for grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:34 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by E The Rhymer
Mine is when guys realize that this is a way to cheese and make it impossible for me to run a half court offense because the are just running at the ball with John wall or Westbrook until I drop it for no freaking reason

Right, so they hard-charge you and jump at the block even, when you get them in the air, it does the auto-and-1 attempt, which is good in RTTP but I hate that in Gauntlet....or you try and burst past them as you would in real life and get hung on them and sucked into a stumbling animation...then drop the ball. not realistic at all.

also the eyes in the back of the head steal...or how my PG with 90 vision and accuracy makes a perfect pass.....to the defender and not the offense.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:00 PM   #5
Pro

Or when people don't know how to on ball without spamming steal and instead of being called for fouls are constantly rewarded for it

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2016, 02:20 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
also the eyes in the back of the head steal...or how my PG with 90 vision and accuracy makes a perfect pass.....to the defender and not the offense.
This is my #1 in all modes. Maybe i am just bad but i have turnovers every game where the defender is not even looking in the right direction. They must have better reflexes than Spiderman as they just throw a hand up and come away with the steal. Or on a 2 on 1 fast break they will steal it a lot unless i throw an alley oop

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Old 01-22-2016, 02:52 PM   #7
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

0-0 losses from 2k servers by FAR
Old 01-22-2016, 03:09 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessingSpore72
This is my #1 in all modes. Maybe i am just bad but i have turnovers every game where the defender is not even looking in the right direction. They must have better reflexes than Spiderman as they just throw a hand up and come away with the steal. Or on a 2 on 1 fast break they will steal it a lot unless i throw an alley oop
Oh man, I had a huge play go against me in the last min of the 4th. The defender had his back to the ball with one hand up and he somehow grabbed the ball with the back of his one hand out of mid air.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »