Home

Badging Thread

This is a discussion on Badging Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2016, 07:21 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Badging Thread

IMHO, every perimeter player, who is able to defend at least a bit, needs pick dodger as well. On the others... I agree.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2016, 02:45 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torty84
Steve Francis
1) Tireless Scorer
Stamina is a big thing this 2k. He is a powerhouse for me. Many blow by action and dunking attempts - he needs more energy for that
The way I read the Tireless Scorer description, it's not about getting more energy or losing less energy, but: if a player has this, their fatigue will affect their attempts to score less. My guess is that it will lessen the hits to the shooting Ratings due to lowered Energy levels.

Still about Energy and Stamina and fatigue, but people should keep in mind how this specifically works.

Quote:
2) Relentless Finisher
He is a good shooter but his strengths are attacking the rim
My reading on this Badge is that contact finishes take away less Energy if someone has this Badge. Other people swear that it also increases the make rate of such finishes. I don't know, myself, but that is nowhere in the Badge's description.

Quote:
3) PnR Maestro
Every PG needs this
4) Dimer
Every PG needs this
Definitely all "must haves" without question.

Quote:
5) Defensive Stopper
He is already a great defender but this badge will always find a place in my slots
Last year, I considered Perimeter LD to be a must for all wing players. This year, it's harder to consider a must because limited slots means making hard decisions. But, it seems the scope of the badge is expanded, so it's actually even more important now.

Quote:
6) One open slot
With a 85 open shot 3 Catch and Shoot might be a good badge...
Given that he's your PG and presumably your main ballhandler, then Catch & Shoot may not be way high on my list.

What does he come with? I would consider Deep Range Deadeye and Limitless Range to be more useful. For Francis, Posterizer may be nice. As Benuetzer, Pick Dodger is a big deal for a perimeter defender. Also Ankle Breaker. Also Difficult Shots...One Man Fast Break...
Old 09-29-2016, 03:51 PM   #11
MVP

I'm hating that I didn't put P&R maestro and dimer on my Lou Hudson, even flashy passer would have been better! I know it won't matter in a couple of weeks once I replace him but it's driving me crazy right now!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2016, 03:56 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
I'm hating that I didn't put P&R maestro and dimer on my Lou Hudson, even flashy passer would have been better! I know it won't matter in a couple of weeks once I replace him but it's driving me crazy right now!
What did you put on him? I wouldn't worry so much. Don't think that P&R Maestro on him is all that big of a deal, because of his not-good Ball Control.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:40 PM   #13
MVP

Lebron James
I have
1) PnR Maesto
2) Relentless finisher
3) Tireless scorer
4) Acrobat
5) One man fast break

And I have one badge open

I am between Dimer and Posterizer.

What would you put? I run many offenses through him
Old 09-30-2016, 01:23 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
What did you put on him? I wouldn't worry so much. Don't think that P&R Maestro on him is all that big of a deal, because of his not-good Ball Control.
I'm regretting giving him limitless range and one man break. I always find myself wishing he had PnR Maestro and either dimer or flashy passer instead. He is a pretty good 3pt shooter, but he never hits the long ones!
Old 09-30-2016, 02:30 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
I'm regretting giving him limitless range and one man break. I always find myself wishing he had PnR Maestro and either dimer or flashy passer instead. He is a pretty good 3pt shooter, but he never hits the long ones!
Someone made the argument, with 2K16, that Limitless seems to have positive impact even upon non-long threes.

Out of PnR Maestro, Dimer, and Flashy Passer, the one I would consider the most "essential" is Dimer. Everyone passes and it's a big deal to have passes hit the receiver in their pocket. Then PnR Maestro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2016, 02:32 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Lebron James
I have
1) PnR Maesto
2) Relentless finisher
3) Tireless scorer
4) Acrobat
5) One man fast break

And I have one badge open

I am between Dimer and Posterizer.

What would you put? I run many offenses through him
I would go with Dimer over Posterizer. I think the cumulative impact over a game will be more with Dimer than Posterizer. Like...the latter will have positive impact on ~3-5 possessions, whereas the former will have positive impact in 20-30 possessions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »