Home

PSA: A guide for fictional draft class makers

This is a discussion on PSA: A guide for fictional draft class makers within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2016, 06:12 PM   #9
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: PSA: A guide for fictional draft class makers

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt3031
Yeah a couple things I notice real quick was that 2k gives u an option to randomize a class and not automatically do it which bother me a lot last year and say if u upload one class in the beginning of the year u can change it throughout the year which is kinda cool 2
Yeah I noticed that as well, I definitely like how u can switch the class mid year, too many times I forget what class I uploaded or downloaded and ended up with duplicate classes.
Old 09-18-2016, 07:16 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Great Post man.
Hopefully a lot of poeple will read this and take some advice.

I know there is SimWorld, who mastered the creation of Draft Classes, but there is only so much time and these guys has other things in life and cannot create enough classes to let you play 10+ or even 20+, 30+ years of MyLeague (which I would love to do by the way ... and still dreamin´ of the day 2K hire Sapp and his guys to create Draft Classes and share them with us instead of being created by an AI ).

So it would be awesome if there are others who can create classes with the quality Sapp and his guys do and this is a great read for them, should be stickied.
Old 09-18-2016, 07:35 PM   #11
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

I really wish we could create draft classes all day everyday lol. I really think it's all about the teamwork though. I know I couldn't do it without Dreece and the other guys and I am pretty sure they would day the same. I think detailed classes is a lot for one person to do.

Thank you for the kind words Pizarro. Much appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2016, 07:39 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizarro24

Great Post man.
Hopefully a lot of poeple will read this and take some advice.

I know there is SimWorld, who mastered the creation of Draft Classes, but there is only so much time and these guys has other things in life and cannot create enough classes to let you play 10+ or even 20+, 30+ years of MyLeague (which I would love to do by the way ... and still dreamin´ of the day 2K hire Sapp and his guys to create Draft Classes and share them with us instead of being created by an AI ).

So it would be awesome if there are others who can create classes with the quality Sapp and his guys do and this is a great read for them, should be stickied.
This requires collaboration and this site would be PERFECT for in. IMO there is no reason for 25 different versions of the 2017 draft class. It would be awesome if more time was put into other classes so we can get 50+ years into one of our leagues.
Old 09-18-2016, 07:54 PM   #13
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

Exactly Yogurt. I think there are 2 main problems. The first is that people just don't understand how important fictional classes are until they run out of "real" classes then they are sitting there like... "Now what".

The second issue is that a lot of people that are willing to make fictional classes don't put any effort into them. I can't recall how many times I've seen someone say "Just uploaded an awesome fictional class. I did the top 20 players". That leaves 130 2k generated players which still ends up messing up the league in the long run. But that goes back to what Barnsey has been saying.... If you are going to do it, do it right.
Old 09-18-2016, 07:56 PM   #14
Pro

I just wish we had more influence over the areas (attribute potential caps be jt by capping every attribute or potential letter grades for the different areas of the game) that our created players progress. So that the next dwayne wade-esque guy i make stays true to his intended identity.
Old 09-18-2016, 09:14 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSapp757
Exactly Yogurt. I think there are 2 main problems. The first is that people just don't understand how important fictional classes are until they run out of "real" classes then they are sitting there like... "Now what".

The second issue is that a lot of people that are willing to make fictional classes don't put any effort into them. I can't recall how many times I've seen someone say "Just uploaded an awesome fictional class. I did the top 20 players". That leaves 130 2k generated players which still ends up messing up the league in the long run. But that goes back to what Barnsey has been saying.... If you are going to do it, do it right.
All true. If a guy only does 60 players (72 i guess now with expansion) I would be okay with that. It would work and it would limit the amount of time it does take to push these things out. 150 is gravy in my mind; but I know when I am playing I do not even look at the 149th ranked prospect most times. I feel like at that point it becomes hard work no one appreciates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 12:53 AM   #16
Pro

Matty Aqua's Arena

OVR: 7

I think if you can edit 80 - 100 prospects thats a good amount of players, 150 is just too much time for players who will never be used!...

Ideally if 10 people worked on one draft class each and followed the same attribute/tendancy formula to plug and play with 2ks roster we could all have deeper MyLeagues!...that way the grind of having to complete 10 or so on your own is narrowed own too just one class...which we now can update after uploading!.

I'm currently away at the moment but I'm thinking of joining the PS4 community when I am back home.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »