Home

PSA: A guide for fictional draft class makers

This is a discussion on PSA: A guide for fictional draft class makers within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2016, 10:32 AM   #33
Rookie

ddurrrr's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PSA: A guide for fictional draft class makers

Great thread! I have a question for draft class/roster makers.

What is step through shot tendency?

I thought it was something like a drop step for post players. But I checked in the default roster and superstars and high scoring players like Curry, Irving, Harden etc. have it in the high 90s
Big men have it low and there is a drop shot tendency for post players (Shaq has it at 99).

BTW this thread should be stickied
Old 10-16-2016, 01:16 AM   #34
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddurrrr
Great thread! I have a question for draft class/roster makers.

What is step through shot tendency?

I thought it was something like a drop step for post players. But I checked in the default roster and superstars and high scoring players like Curry, Irving, Harden etc. have it in the high 90s
Big men have it low and there is a drop shot tendency for post players (Shaq has it at 99).

BTW this thread should be stickied
I could be wrong, but i think it's that move where a player steps through and shoots/lays it up after pump faking. Kinda like an up and under thing. But that's just my guess
Old 10-16-2016, 06:22 AM   #35
Rookie

ddurrrr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnsey
I could be wrong, but i think it's that move where a player steps through and shoots/lays it up after pump faking. Kinda like an up and under thing. But that's just my guess

Yeah I thought so myself. It's just strange for backcourt players to have it higher then frontcourt.
If I have time in the next few days I'll do some testing and report here if I discover something useful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2016, 10:47 PM   #36
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddurrrr
Yeah I thought so myself. It's just strange for backcourt players to have it higher then frontcourt.
If I have time in the next few days I'll do some testing and report here if I discover something useful.
It is a step through JUMPER from the face-up position, not post. There are many things confusingly labeled by 2k. The numbers are still FAR too high but it is higher for guards as it is the move that shooters attempt when leaning/steping through in attemt o draw a foul. Bigs for the most part should not have it at all and that is why (along with a few other tendencies) you see so many bigs not going strong to the bucket; instead opting for interior jumpers after solid post moves. In a nutshell this is a perimeter player tendency; not a post player tendency.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 10-18-2016, 10:26 AM   #37
Rookie

ddurrrr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell
It is a step through JUMPER from the face-up position, not post. There are many things confusingly labeled by 2k. The numbers are still FAR too high but it is higher for guards as it is the move that shooters attempt when leaning/steping through in attemt o draw a foul. Bigs for the most part should not have it at all and that is why (along with a few other tendencies) you see so many bigs not going strong to the bucket; instead opting for interior jumpers after solid post moves. In a nutshell this is a perimeter player tendency; not a post player tendency.

Thank you for this! I still didn't have time to test so this helped alot.
If you have some insight on other confusingly labeled things please do share. I want to have as much info as possible before I start making my draft classes.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:35 PM   #38
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell
Why is it that when i make a player that isn't a point guard who has high playmaking abilities and playmaking tendencies, they can't average more than 9 assists? Maybe i'm just doing something wrong here but i've tried editing their play types and **** tendencies and it only seems to boost their assists by about 0.3 per game
Old 10-20-2016, 09:38 AM   #39
SimWorld NBA 2K Guru

Dreece's Arena

OVR: 19

You'll have to make sure that he is the primary ball handler. Your gonna have to scale your touches for everybody playing with him. Also your gonna have to make sure the other players he's playing with are finishers.

9 apg is ALOT coming from a NON point guard tho...take that into consideration.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 10-20-2016, 10:03 AM   #40
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65
Why is it that when i make a player that isn't a point guard who has high playmaking abilities and playmaking tendencies, they can't average more than 9 assists? Maybe i'm just doing something wrong here but i've tried editing their play types and **** tendencies and it only seems to boost their assists by about 0.3 per game
Im a stat junky as well and assist is one of those stats in where some players are getting more than they should and others are getting less.

With my testing, if i had pass-out tendency at 100, touches above 80, and everyone else on his team with a pass-out tendency below 50 I will get good numbers. The next thing is the attributes. IQ and vision are pretty strong indicators for assist. You have to use rating caps for certain positions and use outliers as you see fit.

In my roster, for example I put a rating cap on all SG and SF for their passing ratings to be no higher than 55. An outlier would be someone like Lebron, Harden, Batum,etc... Passout tendency no higher than 55 with no outliner.

For my PGs I have a attribute cap at 75 with outliers such as Rondo, paul, wall,players that are good passers. My passout tendency ranges from 60-75 "with" outliers.

For me I have gotten very realistic simulation stats with this and it doesnt affect gameplay. I also got caps for bigs. Rating caps are your friend if you want a realistic myleague experience.

PS: Get rid of all badges. Only assign badges that our gold and HOF worthy. Makes gameplay against cpu a HELL of a lot better.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »