Home

Draft Class Ages

This is a discussion on Draft Class Ages within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2017, 02:15 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Draft Class Ages

Simply put, how the hell do ages work in draft classes? When I make classes I set them to 21 or whatever, but come the time they’re drafted some guys are like 23, 24 years old. Really confused as to how this actually is supposed to work. Would be nice if it went back to date of birth as I believe the current date you’re editing seems to alter the ages
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2017, 10:05 AM   #2
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Re: Draft Class Ages

Today is October 3rd in real life. Let’s say you set a players age to 18 and their birthday to October 4th. Once october 4th passes in real life, the player will turn 19.

Kind of annoying and hard to work with.

However, in myleague it’s a diffeeent story and it’s based off of the date of the league. Once october 4th passes in myleague, the player will turn 19 no matter what the date is in real life
Old 10-03-2017, 11:07 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65
Today is October 3rd in real life. Let’s say you set a players age to 18 and their birthday to October 4th. Once october 4th passes in real life, the player will turn 19.

Kind of annoying and hard to work with.

However, in myleague it’s a diffeeent story and it’s based off of the date of the league. Once october 4th passes in myleague, the player will turn 19 no matter what the date is in real life
I know for a fact I had a 21 year old guy hit 23 in in his first year in the league.. I think there is more here I am not picking up on
Old 10-03-2017, 11:41 PM   #4
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogurtProducer
I know for a fact I had a 21 year old guy hit 23 in in his first year in the league.. I think there is more here I am not picking up on
There is a glitch right now with ages. If a player's birthday falls past today's date there is a glitch that skips a year for some reason.

EXAMPLE: The glitch is if a player is really 22 in real life and his birthday is in December (lets say) the game doesn't allow you to give him his current age of 22. Your options are either 21 or 23. That is probably the issue you might be experiencing.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:00 AM   #5
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
There is a glitch right now with ages. If a player's birthday falls past today's date there is a glitch that skips a year for some reason.

EXAMPLE: The glitch is if a player is really 22 in real life and his birthday is in December (lets say) the game doesn't allow you to give him his current age of 22. Your options are either 21 or 23. That is probably the issue you might be experiencing.
This. I dont understand the glitch at all but for some reason anytime the players birthday is in October, November or December you lose the option to make the player younger than 19 and the only options you have are to make them 21, 23, 25, 27 etc. Super weird man.

The only remedy to this at the moment is to give them a birthday between January and September.

Also remember (which I'm sure most of you know), any player who's birthday is before the draft (June 22 last year so I assume always around that date) will increase in age before the draft. If you want an 18 year old to be 18 when he is drafted give him a birthday on July, August or September.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Operation Sports mobile app
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2017, 04:09 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

There's actually a workaround to put in the real age. Within the CAP menu you can scroll through the ages a few times and it will give you the numbers you weren't getting before (i.e. you're only getting 19, 21, 23 etc, just scroll through few times anduring e game eventually let's you choose 20, 22 etc).

The other, easier way is to just back out to the roster edit screen and edit the age there. This way you can consistently get 18 (though you have to play around with pressing up and down sometimes).

This works for me 100% let me know if it doesn't work for you guys.

I can make a YouTube video if needed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »