Home

NBA 2K22 - CoY Roster - Draft Classes Generator

This is a discussion on NBA 2K22 - CoY Roster - Draft Classes Generator within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2021, 12:45 PM   #1
Rookie

Sheitan's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2K22 - CoY Roster - Draft Classes Generator

Hello guys, as you may know the CoY roster is almost live, and it will bring you the most immersive experience through MyNBA, therefore he deserves awesome draft classes.

Therefore I have built an online spreadsheet to generate rookies to fit our roster, with appropriate ratings and tendencies for the sim games and the progression over years in MyNBA.

There will be some steals in your draft !!!

How does it work ?

- We generate rookies based on "position" (guard, forward, center) and "player type" (all-around, offensive, defensive, 3&D, athletic, ...)
- Each "player type" has some base attributes and appropriate tendencies, so they will have realistic behavior in game and during sim games
- We will make these rookies unique by generating random numbers for each "attributes types" (finish, athletic, scoring, post, OffIQ, pass, skills, def, DefIQ, rebound, potential). Thus they will slightly deviate from the base attribute.
- These deviations are generated based on the "normal distribution" principle, it means most of the rookies will have an average potential (77), and some of them will be bad, and some will be better. Overall the distribution of bad/average/good rookies will be well balanced
- Here is the mathematical principle and an idea of the potential of generated rookies :
Spoiler

How will we create these draft classes ?

0- First we will create base players thanks to the 2K Module "player creator" for each position & player-type, 27 players in total. The goal is to have base attributes and tendencies per player type. This process needs to be done only once. (Blue sheets in the spreadsheet)

When the player type are created, we have done 90% of the job ! Because here are the last steps to generate a draft class :

1- generate a random draft class or load an online draft class
2- generate X random rookies through the online spreadsheet in 1 click, in the red sheet "Final Rookies Attributes"
3- for each player in the draft class, click on editing and import the associate "player type" attributes and tendencies from the online base player created (0)
Example : The first player in the 2K draft class will be the player 1 in the spreadsheet

4- edit the rookies attributes based on the data generated in the spreadsheet by order
5- edit "intangibles" so that each player has around 75 overall and this can create some steals during the draft !!!
6- save the draft class

Spreadhseet link :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2088838674

If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask !

Link to the CoY Roster : here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2022, 11:40 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K22 - CoY Roster - Draft Classes Generator

Hey man. Really appreciate your work, thank you. I use it as a base for my generator.
Old 02-07-2022, 05:56 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Hey, great work, you could translate this work for Euroleague players???
Old 02-07-2022, 05:32 PM   #4
Rookie

williamsc025's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheitan
Hello guys, as you may know the CoY roster is almost live, and it will bring you the most immersive experience through MyNBA, therefore he deserves awesome draft classes.

Therefore I have built an online spreadsheet to generate rookies to fit our roster, with appropriate ratings and tendencies for the sim games and the progression over years in MyNBA.

There will be some steals in your draft !!!

How does it work ?

- We generate rookies based on "position" (guard, forward, center) and "player type" (all-around, offensive, defensive, 3&D, athletic, ...)

- Each "player type" has some base attributes and appropriate tendencies, so they will have realistic behavior in game and during sim games

- We will make these rookies unique by generating random numbers for each "attributes types" (finish, athletic, scoring, post, OffIQ, pass, skills, def, DefIQ, rebound, potential). Thus they will slightly deviate from the base attribute.

- These deviations are generated based on the "normal distribution" principle, it means most of the rookies will have an average potential (77), and some of them will be bad, and some will be better. Overall the distribution of bad/average/good rookies will be well balanced

- Here is the mathematical principle and an idea of the potential of generated rookies :

How will we create these draft classes ?

0- First we will create base players thanks to the 2K Module "player creator" for each position & player-type, 27 players in total. The goal is to have base attributes and tendencies per player type. This process needs to be done only once. (Blue sheets in the spreadsheet)

When the player type are created, we have done 90% of the job ! Because here are the last steps to generate a draft class :

1- generate a random draft class or load an online draft class

2- generate X random rookies through the online spreadsheet in 1 click, in the red sheet "Final Rookies Attributes"

3- for each player in the draft class, click on editing and import the associate "player type" attributes and tendencies from the online base player created (0)

Example : The first player in the 2K draft class will be the player 1 in the spreadsheet

4- edit the rookies attributes based on the data generated in the spreadsheet by order

5- edit "intangibles" so that each player has around 75 overall and this can create some steals during the draft !!!

6- save the draft class

Spreadhseet link :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2088838674

If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask !

Link to the CoY Roster : here

What is a CoY Roster?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-09-2022, 07:33 PM   #5
Rookie

I'm going to give this generator a go on the PS4. I noticed you don't have Pick and Roll Defense IQ on your spreadsheet. Does this attribute not exist in the PS5 version? For now, I'm just matching it with Help Defense IQ
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2022, 10:01 AM   #6
Rookie

okland12's Arena

How do you generate the draft classes? I see the tab in red of "final rookie attributes" but I don't see where to click to generate the classes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »