Home

Made a spreadsheet for what I consider the most important tendencies. Feedback?

This is a discussion on Made a spreadsheet for what I consider the most important tendencies. Feedback? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2019, 12:14 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Made a spreadsheet for what I consider the most important tendencies. Feedback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
It's actually an alternate Dish tendency. I was kind of torn between two different formulas. I'm actually leaning towards the second one (the one with no "Dish" label) now.

How many shots did Wall take?

What sliders are you using? I'd recommend increasing the global Attack, Inside, and Drive sliders to at least 75 each.

I have some in-progress position-specific tendencies for dribble moves on the spreadsheet. Go to the "Position Scales" tab (on the bottom). Unless you were already using those; if so, my bad.
John Wall went 1-7 FG, 0-3 3PT and 3-4 FT
Old 07-24-2019, 06:29 AM   #18
Rookie

Re: Made a spreadsheet for what I consider the most important tendencies. Feedback?

Quote:

I have some in-progress position-specific tendencies for dribble moves on the spreadsheet. Go to the "Position Scales" tab (on the bottom). Unless you were already using those; if so, my bad.
How do you use the position scale edit? Can you give example? Like all PG will have +30 spin layup?
and also what is A/O? Thank you

Last edited by lordflaecko; 07-24-2019 at 06:59 AM.
Old 07-25-2019, 01:46 AM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordflaecko
How do you use the position scale edit? Can you give example? Like all PG will have +30 spin layup?
and also what is A/O? Thank you
Exactly. Whatever a player's layup tendency is, take that, and add or subtract from Euro, Spin, or Hop Step. Also, if you're doing this, I have a system where the highest Layup tendency any player can have is 65. That creates a big difference between Layup and Euro/Spin/Hop Step, so you see more of those different layups.

A/O is the Alley Oop tendency/stat.
Old 07-25-2019, 02:16 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Exactly. Whatever a player's layup tendency is, take that, and add or subtract from Euro, Spin, or Hop Step. Also, if you're doing this, I have a system where the highest Layup tendency any player can have is 65. That creates a big difference between Layup and Euro/Spin/Hop Step, so you see more of those different layups.

A/O is the Alley Oop tendency/stat.
Can you give me specific example for your system that the highest allowed is 65? Sorry, I was confused on that part. Thank you so much
Old 07-25-2019, 02:26 AM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Can you give me specific example for your system that the highest allowed is 65? Sorry, I was confused on that part. Thank you so much
It's no problem, no need to apologize.

The way it works is that the tendency for normal layups (it's called "Driving Layup" in the game) will never be higher than 65 for any player. So, anyone who has a 66 or higher on the spreadsheet, they'll get bumped down to 65. Anyone 64 or lower will have the same value as on the spreadsheet.

Then, when you scale for position, say you're doing a point guard who has a 75 layup tendency. Here's what you'd do:

Spin Layup: 75 plus 30 (which equals 99, since it adds up to 105 but the highest possible value is 99)

Euro Layup: Same as above, 75 plus 30

Hop Step Layup: 75 minus 30 (which equals 45)

So now the tendencies will be:

Driving Layup: 65
Spin Layup: 99
Euro Layup: 99
Hop Step Layup: 45

And you just do the same thing for whichever position someone plays.

Hope I explained that well, feel free to ask any questions you'd like
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2019, 02:33 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
It's no problem, no need to apologize.

The way it works is that the tendency for normal layups (it's called "Driving Layup" in the game) will never be higher than 65 for any player. So, anyone who has a 66 or higher on the spreadsheet, they'll get bumped down to 65. Anyone 64 or lower will have the same value as on the spreadsheet.

Then, when you scale for position, say you're doing a point guard who has a 75 layup tendency. Here's what you'd do:

Spin Layup: 75 plus 30 (which equals 99, since it adds up to 105 but the highest possible value is 99)

Euro Layup: Same as above, 75 plus 30

Hop Step Layup: 75 minus 30 (which equals 45)

So now the tendencies will be:

Driving Layup: 65
Spin Layup: 99
Euro Layup: 99
Hop Step Layup: 45

And you just do the same thing for whichever position someone plays.

Hope I explained that well, feel free to ask any questions you'd like
Oh, wow. Thank you so much for this concrete example! So, to make sure I did understand it correctly, when a driving layup is above 65 it will be converted back to 65 and then the other components of layups will stay at is. If his original driving layup is 75, it will be use as the base for every layup except driving layup which gonna be converted to 65. Is my understanding correct? Thank you for your work, btw.

Edit: would you consider Ben Simmons as PG for this position scale? Thank you.

Last edited by lordflaecko; 07-25-2019 at 02:43 AM.
Old 07-25-2019, 06:23 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Oh, wow. Thank you so much for this concrete example! So, to make sure I did understand it correctly, when a driving layup is above 65 it will be converted back to 65 and then the other components of layups will stay at is. If his original driving layup is 75, it will be use as the base for every layup except driving layup which gonna be converted to 65. Is my understanding correct? Thank you for your work, btw.
Yeah, that's exactly right.

Quote:
Edit: would you consider Ben Simmons as PG for this position scale? Thank you.
That's a good question. I'd probably say yes, since he has the athleticism and ballhandling of a PG, despite being PF-sized.

Another exception I think would be Giannis. I'd probably use the PG settings for him because of how elusive he is on drives.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:28 PM   #24
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

OVR: 10

Do you have anything for the shot tendency

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »