Home

Made a spreadsheet for what I consider the most important tendencies. Feedback?

This is a discussion on Made a spreadsheet for what I consider the most important tendencies. Feedback? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2019, 11:41 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Made a spreadsheet for what I consider the most important tendencies. Feedback?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

It uses 2018-19 stats to calculate approximate values for tendencies. Since stats aren't perfect, and I'm not either, I don't expect the tendency values to be perfect either. I'm constantly reworking them, but I like where they're at now and I think they make sense on paper, and also produce solid gameplay results.

Quick note: if a column is red, it means it's the value for the actual tendency (and not a stat that was recorded IRL).

Also, as you'll see, I have a bunch of other things on there, like Cross Matchups, Team Help Defense, etc. Most of those have a solid foundation, so if anyone has any questions/feedback about those, it's fair game.

I apologize if anything doesn't make sense or requires context, since I've been the only one viewing the spreadsheet until now, so naturally I already know what everything means.

Any questions are welcome, and feedback about anything at all is appreciated. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2019, 12:11 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Made a spreadsheet for what I consider the most important tendencies. Feedback?

Nice job on the spreadsheet. It will be very helpful to a lot of people. I will look more in depth when I have time but everything was displaying correctly for me.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 05-11-2019, 06:40 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Made a spreadsheet for what I consider the most important tendencies. Feedback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

It uses 2018-19 stats to calculate approximate values for tendencies. Since stats aren't perfect, and I'm not either, I don't expect the tendency values to be perfect either. I'm constantly reworking them, but I like where they're at now and I think they make sense on paper, and also produce solid gameplay results.

Quick note: if a column is red, it means it's the value for the actual tendency (and not a stat that was recorded IRL).

Also, as you'll see, I have a bunch of other things on there, like Cross Matchups, Team Help Defense, etc. Most of those have a solid foundation, so if anyone has any questions/feedback about those, it's fair game.

I apologize if anything doesn't make sense or requires context, since I've been the only one viewing the spreadsheet until now, so naturally I already know what everything means.

Any questions are welcome, and feedback about anything at all is appreciated. Thanks.
Tell me you have a roster
Old 05-17-2019, 08:13 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeezus
Tell me you have a roster
Unfortunately, no. Sorry. By the time I finalized everything, it was after the 2019 regular season had ended, so I figured it was too late to edit a full roster and I should just wait until 2K20.

What I'm doing in my offline MyLeague is just using my spreadsheet to edit every team right before I play them. That could be a possibility for you.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:55 PM   #5
Rookie

EpicNarry's Arena

There are a lot of terms that I don't fully understand. I hope you can clear out the terms
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2019, 08:59 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNarry
There are a lot of terms that I don't fully understand. I hope you can clear out the terms
Which ones don't you understand?
Old 05-17-2019, 09:07 PM   #7
Rookie

EpicNarry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
Which ones don't you understand?
The shooting tendencies.

C/S, O/S, T3P, Dr Layup, Fl

And 2P as in Midrange?
Old 05-17-2019, 09:16 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNarry
The shooting tendencies.

C/S, O/S, T3P, Dr Layup, Fl

And 2P as in Midrange?
2P means Mid-range, yeah. I honestly have no idea why I was using "2P" instead of "Mid," but I just changed it, thanks for pointing it out.

C/S is Catch and Shoot (referring to the Spot-Up shot location tendencies)
O/S: Off Screen
T3P: Transition 3-Pointer
Dr. Layup: Driving Layup
Fl: Floater

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »