Home

NBA 2k15 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k15 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2015, 02:37 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2k15 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
After a little tweaking, I keep getting manhandled in the post by the Grizzlies. The offense is definitely being ran through Gasol and Randolph down low, and I'm not seeing too many forced shots as they are passing it out when there's not an opening.

A little fine tuning is needed, but it's getting there. Stay tuned.

Great to see your making progress and getting some time in with 2K15...

In all actuality, the Grizzlies are the one team in the game that I have noticed really do utilize the post at a realistic clip with Gasol and Z-Bo down low....

But I can almost guarantee that if you test out the Pelicans, you will see AD defer low post play....And the perimeter game will be unrealistically favored....To see AD back down his defender and get great position in the post to only pass out to Gordon or Tyreke...AD is almost non-existent in the mid-range game as well!

Really look forward to your findings....

And just a thought and based on many test games....HUMAN, Defensive POE has HUGE affect on the CPU's offense (almost overpowering)....
Old 03-19-2015, 03:20 AM   #34
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm still playing with VERY minimal tweaks and getting awesome results. I'm not going to post anything until I'm fully confident in my set, but this year's game is damn good and it's not looking like I need to fix many problems.

It shouldn't be too much longer now

EDIT: Added a minor update to the first post. Need some feedback on my Game Speed, Quickness, and Speed settings!

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 03-19-2015 at 04:34 AM.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:06 PM   #35
Rookie

VINCEL's Arena

OVR: 1
Thumbs up Re: NBA 2k15 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Hi,

sorry for my english…

I've got the feeling with your "VERY minimal tweaks" (it's just like a really tasty good red wine) I like the game flow and the players animations !

I m trying your set with 2K rosters, Superstar Difficulty, Simulation Game Style, 12 min, User Timing Shot.

Continues like this very encouraging !!

Thank you for your contribution from France

Vincel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2015, 04:20 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
EDIT: Added a minor update to the first post. Need some feedback on my Game Speed, Quickness, and Speed settings!
Got a question man...What level are you focusing your testing on? Superstar, All-Star, or which level? Because based on my findings...the speed and quickness sliders have different affects for each level since the CPU has a hard coded increase in speed and quickness as you move up in level...

Great to hear your making minimal tweaks. I'm almost convinced that if you make 'drastic' changes, it could have some ill effects on the CPU.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:30 PM   #37
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
Got a question man...What level are you focusing your testing on? Superstar, All-Star, or which level? Because based on my findings...the speed and quickness sliders have different affects for each level since the CPU has a hard coded increase in speed and quickness as you move up in level...

Great to hear your making minimal tweaks. I'm almost convinced that if you make 'drastic' changes, it could have some ill effects on the CPU.

Oh yea, I didn't post the difficulty! These settings (and my eventual full slider set) are for playing on Superstar.

And minor changes are DEFINITELY the way to go this year.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:09 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Oh yea, I didn't post the difficulty! These settings (and my eventual full slider set) are for playing on Superstar.

And minor changes are DEFINITELY the way to go this year.
I gotta ask man....With your slider tweaks, have you been able to demo a game playing the Pelicans? If so, did the AI utilize 'the brow' down on the post?

Also....do you handle POE manually or do you use Auto? POE has a huge influence on how the AI utilizes offensive sets, touches, etc based on what you choose for your team's defensive POE...Almost too overpowering...From my own perspective, I think that although I choose a POE of Protect the Paint & Play Physical Defense...that if I don't have a defender down low that can match up with AD, that he SHOULD abuse my guy down low on the post (no matter what Defensive POE I choose)...But I have noticed that AD will defer almost every single time if you set your POE to the aforementioned choices.

But surprisingly enough...if I made my POE as Limit Perimeter Shots and Neutral Aggression you would think that the CPU would try to bang down low to the post (which is what I set when I would play the Pelicans to test this)...nope...opposite results...Gordon and Tyreke did not realize they have teammates and try to channel their inner, 'Jordan', and hoisted up shots right and left ignoring AD down low (or anyone for that matter)! LOL!

Just some feedback I wanted to share...

Last edited by PhiPsi1; 03-19-2015 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:07 AM   #39
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
I gotta ask man....With your slider tweaks, have you been able to demo a game playing the Pelicans? If so, did the AI utilize 'the brow' down on the post?

Also....do you handle POE manually or do you use Auto? POE has a huge influence on how the AI utilizes offensive sets, touches, etc based on what you choose for your team's defensive POE...Almost too overpowering...From my own perspective, I think that although I choose a POE of Protect the Paint & Play Physical Defense...that if I don't have a defender down low that can match up with AD, that he SHOULD abuse my guy down low on the post (no matter what Defensive POE I choose)...But I have noticed that AD will defer almost every single time if you set your POE to the aforementioned choices.

But surprisingly enough...if I made my POE as Limit Perimeter Shots and Neutral Aggression you would think that the CPU would try to bang down low to the post (which is what I set when I would play the Pelicans to test this)...nope...opposite results...Gordon and Tyreke did not realize they have teammates and try to channel their inner, 'Jordan', and hoisted up shots right and left ignoring AD down low (or anyone for that matter)! LOL!

Just some feedback I wanted to share...
I actually don't really mess with POE at all when I play. I guess in my head I just think of it as "Coach makes the call, I just go execute". This just makes me enjoy the game a little more and makes it feel less like "work", but that's just how I see it.

I played a few games against the Pelicans, and the results were pretty encouraging. In the first game, AD killed me on the Pick 'n Roll/Pick 'n Pop. On the rare occasions that my defense would get in his way, the CPU would show terrific ball movement and kick it out and around to the open man. It was beautiful.

In the second game, AD went away from running the pick and started posting up a lot more often. When there was a mismatch in favor of the offense, AD would take full advantage and make it look easy. When there was help defense down low, he would make the smart play and kick it out to the open man.

I'm loving what I'm seeing so far, but I know there's a lot of fine-tuning necessary in order to get the CPU offense to run "just right". But so far, I'm seeing superstars getting used more often, teams are ABUSING the post whenever a defensive switch leads to a mismatch (PG or SG guarding PF/C), and the overall fluidity of the game is better than I expected at these early stages.

I thought about releasing an early BETA version of my sliders, but I don't think they're quite ready yet. At any rate, I would very much appreciate it if everyone gave my current speed settings a try (posted in the OP) and let me know what they think about them! They should work with any current slider set no problem, so no need to abandon a set you already like in order to let me know what you think about my first few tweaks.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:36 AM   #40
MVP

Quote:
I actually don't really mess with POE at all when I play. I guess in my head I just think of it as "Coach makes the call, I just go execute". This just makes me enjoy the game a little more and makes it feel less like "work", but that's just how I see it.

I played a few games against the Pelicans, and the results were pretty encouraging. In the first game, AD killed me on the Pick 'n Roll/Pick 'n Pop. On the rare occasions that my defense would get in his way, the CPU would show terrific ball movement and kick it out and around to the open man. It was beautiful.

In the second game, AD went away from running the pick and started posting up a lot more often. When there was a mismatch in favor of the offense, AD would take full advantage and make it look easy. When there was help defense down low, he would make the smart play and kick it out to the open man.

I'm loving what I'm seeing so far, but I know there's a lot of fine-tuning necessary in order to get the CPU offense to run "just right". But so far, I'm seeing superstars getting used more often, teams are ABUSING the post whenever a defensive switch leads to a mismatch (PG or SG guarding PF/C), and the overall fluidity of the game is better than I expected at these early stages.

I thought about releasing an early BETA version of my sliders, but I don't think they're quite ready yet. At any rate, I would very much appreciate it if everyone gave my current speed settings a try (posted in the OP) and let me know what they think about them! They should work with any current slider set no problem, so no need to abandon a set you already like in order to let me know what you think about my first few tweaks.
This is EXTREMELY encouraging! I'm also on board with your Auto-POE approach...I believe if you can atleast get the game to focus on utilizing their stars and your utilizing Auto-POE, then your really on to something with your set!

Can I ask which roster set your using at the moment? Or will that be part of the big reveal when the sliders will be released? Your teasin' us brother! LOL!

The reason I asked which roster set b/c I have also found an interesting caveat...The speed and quickness which dictates player movement differ for each roster set...Like for instance...on all-star sim with no change to speed and quickness in the slider set (basically at 50)...I don't notice the CPU 'jerkiness' or lack of weight using the Official 2K roster set...BUT if I use a roster set made by our OS brethren (props to everyone on here who have provided a set!), I feel like the 'jerkiness' and sliding (for lack of a better term) become evident...Its really odd...

Last edited by PhiPsi1; 03-20-2015 at 10:40 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »