Home

LorenzoDC's MyLeague Multi-Year Talent Balance Sliders

This is a discussion on LorenzoDC's MyLeague Multi-Year Talent Balance Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2016, 11:02 AM   #33
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: LorenzoDC's MyLeague Multi-Year Talent Balance Sliders

Sounds as though it's working then. If anyone's having issues, let me know and I can try and find a better way to share it, but as far as I know, that's the only way!
Old 10-03-2016, 11:51 AM   #34
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daonlyjmo7
Great work man. From the data, it looks like we could boost player progression. That should fix the average 90+ age.

Btw, do you mind if I link these for my MyLeague sliders?
Of course! Link away.

As for raising progression, I tried that, but I strongly don't recommend it.

Here's why:
  1. Progression doesn't change potential much. Occasionally it does, but not to the degree we would want without making the whole league overpowered.
  2. The progression system applies equally to every player in the league, but the problem is that the talent level in the league is too narrow at the top. Think of it like a pyramid. Our problem is not that the pyramid does not go high enough, it's that the top part is just too skinny and pointy.
  3. Using the progression slider does not fix that narrow part. This is why Leftos is planning to fix this when he can on the draft class side. Their current algorithms limit 90+ players unless they generate what's called a "legendary draft class," which is one that has a Lebron-like 95-99 potential player. But those types of draft classes don't come often enough to generate enough league stars once the current league stars regress and retire.
  4. So what happens is, if you raise progression, you don't really get more 90+ players but you do get a TON more 80+ players. The league becomes overpowered at that point and contracts get too big, leading to CPU cut/trade/cap logic errors.

Last edited by LorenzoDC; 10-03-2016 at 11:53 AM.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:24 PM   #35
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

OVR: 0

honestly can not, surely I am that something wrong ....... I go myleague then myleague options and triangle, id online mike lowe 47 and it says it can not exist ...... elencarmi all the steps ... .thank you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2016, 02:56 PM   #36
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoli
honestly can not, surely I am that something wrong ....... I go myleague then myleague options and triangle, id online mike lowe 47 and it says it can not exist ...... elencarmi all the steps ... .thank you
MikeLowe47

No spaces...cap sensitive.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:05 PM   #37
Rookie

ddurrrr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoli

Don't go to myleague options. Go to training then team traning and hit triangle.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:14 PM   #38
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Of course! Link away.

As for raising progression, I tried that, but I strongly don't recommend it.

Here's why:
  1. Progression doesn't change potential much. Occasionally it does, but not to the degree we would want without making the whole league overpowered.
  2. The progression system applies equally to every player in the league, but the problem is that the talent level in the league is too narrow at the top. Think of it like a pyramid. Our problem is not that the pyramid does not go high enough, it's that the top part is just too skinny and pointy.
  3. Using the progression slider does not fix that narrow part. This is why Leftos is planning to fix this when he can on the draft class side. Their current algorithms limit 90+ players unless they generate what's called a "legendary draft class," which is one that has a Lebron-like 95-99 potential player. But those types of draft classes don't come often enough to generate enough league stars once the current league stars regress and retire.
  4. So what happens is, if you raise progression, you don't really get more 90+ players but you do get a TON more 80+ players. The league becomes overpowered at that point and contracts get too big, leading to CPU cut/trade/cap logic errors.
I heartily second this. Raising progression severely skews the league the further you go. It doesn't correct itself either even if you jack up regression because there are always more new/younger players entering the league then there are older/veteran players leaving.

Keep both it and regression at 50 for best results and manually edit the potential of a few.

Last edited by trekfan; 10-03-2016 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:11 PM   #39
MVP

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
This is why Leftos is planning to fix this when he can on the draft class side.
[/list]
What is Leftos going to do?
Old 10-03-2016, 09:39 PM   #40
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daonlyjmo7
What is Leftos going to do?
He responded to the issues I addressed with this slider set.

Link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
The concept of attribute pairs developed in tandem (Open & Contested Mid-Range/Threes) is new, so there might be some further tweaking needed. I've added a couple of tunables which I'm hoping will make it into a patch that will allow us to adjust the progression of those two attribute pairs in the future without the need of further patches, so we can better match the proper numbers without the need for custom training profiles, so you can use training to actually develop teams and players the way you want rather than as workarounds.

Regarding the lack of A+ potential players, one of the next roster updates will include updated templates with higher max potentials for non-once-in-a-generation players so you should see more players eligible to develop into 90+ numbers without manual edits.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »