Home

Slider to reduce Points in the Paint

This is a discussion on Slider to reduce Points in the Paint within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2018, 12:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Slider to reduce Points in the Paint

Wondering which sliders that will reduce cpu points in the paint. Had cpu put up 90 points in the paint against me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2018, 05:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Slider to reduce Points in the Paint

No offense man, but you need step up your Defense, 90 PiP is definitely not on the game.

However, the tendencies you look for would be Attack the Basket, Look for Post Players, Take Inside Shots (lower them for CPU) and 3-Point- and Midrange Tendency (raise them for CPU). Or lower their Offensive Rebounding Rating if they kill you on the boards.

This should help a bit, but in the end, if you give the AI a free pass to the basket, they will take it, so Defense is the key.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:31 AM   #3
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Red face Re: Slider to reduce Points in the Paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarcinas
Wondering which sliders that will reduce cpu points in the paint. Had cpu put up 90 points in the paint against me.

The defensive sliders for layup gather and release, raise those up, as well as your help D slider. You can also raise your lateral movement slider up as well as on ball D slider.

You could also raise your D awareness slider up as well.

I would recommend jacking your fouls sliders up, there is a lack of fouls in this game, outside of reach in fouls, that is ruining the game, and something the devs need to fix. But I wouldnt count on them fixing it, this kind of stuff typically is ignored by them, as they tend to cater to the online side of the game.

Also what level are you playing on? NBA2k19 is different from their past games, because now ACE is being utilized on all levels, so the CPU even on Rookie will make adjustments. So the level you played on in the past games, may be too difficult for you.

There is no shame on playing on the lower levels, and now that the CPU isnt braindead on the lower levels, you can get a challenge on those pro, and depending on your stick skills possibly even on rookie.

I had been playing on SS and HOF, with some slider adjustments in my favor the last couple yrs or so. But this yr I have been blown out a few times on pro level. I just played a game on rookie and had a close game,lol. My old age and all the meds Im on has taken its toll on my stick skills

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-17-2018, 10:20 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Slider to reduce Points in the Paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
The defensive sliders for layup gather and release, raise those up, as well as your help D slider. You can also raise your lateral movement slider up as well as on ball D slider.

You could also raise your D awareness slider up as well.

I would recommend jacking your fouls sliders up, there is a lack of fouls in this game, outside of reach in fouls, that is ruining the game, and something the devs need to fix. But I wouldnt count on them fixing it, this kind of stuff typically is ignored by them, as they tend to cater to the online side of the game.

Also what level are you playing on? NBA2k19 is different from their past games, because now ACE is being utilized on all levels, so the CPU even on Rookie will make adjustments. So the level you played on in the past games, may be too difficult for you.

There is no shame on playing on the lower levels, and now that the CPU isnt braindead on the lower levels, you can get a challenge on those pro, and depending on your stick skills possibly even on rookie.

I had been playing on SS and HOF, with some slider adjustments in my favor the last couple yrs or so. But this yr I have been blown out a few times on pro level. I just played a game on rookie and had a close game,lol. My old age and all the meds Im on has taken its toll on my stick skills
Thanks ill try them out! And i been playing on All-star since 2k8. Its just that when I'm running back on defence after a miss shot the cpu always tends to beat me to the basket and find an open man, almost every possession that i miss a bucket.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »