Home

The "Game Speed, Speed/Accel Attributes, and Movement" Sliders Explained

This is a discussion on The "Game Speed, Speed/Accel Attributes, and Movement" Sliders Explained within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2018, 11:04 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The "Game Speed, Speed/Accel Attributes, and Movement" Sliders Explained

for real? hahaha jesus 2k

thanks for the help man
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2018, 10:42 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey man, you dont happen to know how to stop a guy from retiring? I already did it once, and eventhough LeBron got a few years left on his deal, and is still absolutely killin' it, he wants to retire again now. makes zero sense. So stupid, absolutely hate how the game literally lets me cheat; I can transfer every star in the league to my team if I want, but I cant stop a guy from retiring who wouldnt retire that early in real life?!?!?! god I hate 2k sometimes. I can force trades but I cant force a guy still in the 90s to keep playing? okey 2k. sure. I really wanted to see "old lebron"
Old 09-07-2018, 12:49 PM   #27
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacharNabai
Hey man, you dont happen to know how to stop a guy from retiring? I already did it once, and eventhough LeBron got a few years left on his deal, and is still absolutely killin' it, he wants to retire again now. makes zero sense. So stupid, absolutely hate how the game literally lets me cheat; I can transfer every star in the league to my team if I want, but I cant stop a guy from retiring who wouldnt retire that early in real life?!?!?! god I hate 2k sometimes. I can force trades but I cant force a guy still in the 90s to keep playing? okey 2k. sure. I really wanted to see "old lebron"

Sorry man, I have no idea on that one!
Old 09-08-2018, 07:46 PM   #28
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Eccentric we need sliders man. Gameplay is great, but the fg%'s are way too high.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:31 PM   #29
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Eccentric we need sliders man. Gameplay is great, but the fg%'s are way too high.
2K19? I haven't picked up the game yet. I kind of hate that 2K released it so early this year, I don't have an itch to play until closer to the start of the season.

When I do pick it up, you know I'll be working on a slider set. No worries! Just gonna wait a bit, hopefully they can patch any of the outstanding day 1 issues in the next few days/weeks!
Old 09-15-2018, 02:05 AM   #30
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
2K19? I haven't picked up the game yet. I kind of hate that 2K released it so early this year, I don't have an itch to play until closer to the start of the season.

When I do pick it up, you know I'll be working on a slider set. No worries! Just gonna wait a bit, hopefully they can patch any of the outstanding day 1 issues in the next few days/weeks!

Glad to hear you are going to get the game, I was worried, since hadnt saw you post anything abut NBA2k19 sliders that maybe you werent getting it

I always enjoy reading what your findings are with regards to sliders, to fix or attempt to fix gameplay issues with sliders. You may have your work cut out for you this yr with 19, it seems the devs have really screwed up the ability to draw charging fouls. Thru 10 full games, I have drawn 2 charge calls, and the CPU has drawn 0 against me. Plus the devs didnt fix the lack of shooting fouls on 3pt attempts that ruined NBA2k18, or for me it ruined it, as I just couldnt get past that flaw.

I really hope when you get 19, your able to find the right combo to see charges and fouls on 3pt attempts. Outside of these 2 issues, I love how the game plays. Its probably the smoothest playing NBA2k game, that they have ever made.

Actually you dont see to many blocking fouls either, really the only foul that get called with any type of consistency is reach in fouls. If there wasnt any reaching fouls called, there would be basically no fouls called,LOL. It reminds me of the the early yrs of NBA2k, where fouls were almost non-existent when they 1st started making this game 20 yrs ago.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-16-2018, 08:27 PM   #31
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Glad to hear you are going to get the game, I was worried, since hadnt saw you post anything abut NBA2k19 sliders that maybe you werent getting it

I always enjoy reading what your findings are with regards to sliders, to fix or attempt to fix gameplay issues with sliders. You may have your work cut out for you this yr with 19, it seems the devs have really screwed up the ability to draw charging fouls. Thru 10 full games, I have drawn 2 charge calls, and the CPU has drawn 0 against me. Plus the devs didnt fix the lack of shooting fouls on 3pt attempts that ruined NBA2k18, or for me it ruined it, as I just couldnt get past that flaw.

I really hope when you get 19, your able to find the right combo to see charges and fouls on 3pt attempts. Outside of these 2 issues, I love how the game plays. Its probably the smoothest playing NBA2k game, that they have ever made.

Actually you dont see to many blocking fouls either, really the only foul that get called with any type of consistency is reach in fouls. If there wasnt any reaching fouls called, there would be basically no fouls called,LOL. It reminds me of the the early yrs of NBA2k, where fouls were almost non-existent when they 1st started making this game 20 yrs ago.
Hmmm sounds like same problems, different year

At least from what I've seen it seems like 2K fixed the animations this year, which was always a huge time-drain for me during my testing. If that holds true and the game looks and feels "right" when it comes to player animations, that should let me dive into the real issues and get those fixed much faster than years passed.

I'm not sure when I'll get the game. It will probably be a random night at 3am when I'm bored and impulse buy lol. Still debating between Xbox or PS4 this year, now that I have both consoles. I think I'll be skipping the Switch version since last year I barely played it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2019, 07:17 AM   #32
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

After tweaking these settings non-stop the last few hours, I got this nagging feeling of "Haven't I been through this already??". Sure enough, I already suffered through this issue in the past and I'm glad to announce that my findings in the OP posted early last year are still accurate today in 2K20.

Seeing as player movement/animations seems to be one of the main issues people are dealing with currently, I just wanted to bump this post so that it can help others and save them from the tedium of constantly tweaking these settings to see what the affects are.

Hopefully this helps!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »