Home

NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread Last Gen (XB1,PS4,PC)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread Last Gen (XB1,PS4,PC) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2022, 01:25 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread Last Gen (XB1,PS4,PC)

And also most of the european users could't pre order the game on PS side of stuff i don't know why and how so we are now able to buy it so, there will be more of us.. I believe here as well..
Old 09-09-2022, 01:44 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Probably. And at this point does last gen version even worth full price? Probably not.

hey I'm on CG. Still can't get a Ps5 for retail at a store.

As for LG CG w/e... it's weird. It's slow? I like how the defense isn't as OP inside, but they need to lower the contest % if it's not a good contest. I'd prefer to play w/ sliders. I could fix 'er up, but I need to play just reg HoF to figure out the game. The perimeter D is super sticky, nobody moves. I dunno heh. Help D is trash.

-Smak
Old 09-09-2022, 01:48 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohns23
Yea most current or regular GEN players are PC. And thats mainly for the mods.

Im strictly PC because of the modding capability. Some of the models look horrendous and I cant get pass that.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
I'm a PC player too, hoping for modding community, but this year the distance from next gen is not only from graphical part of the game
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
We have a large portion of players who play on PS4 and continue so... As far as the gameplay goes it's pretty similar tbh. I'm not talking bout graphich yet graphic wise it's also not bad either on pro 4k.
The gameplay in term of IA is completely different and CZar confirms this fact. They have made a big step forward on next gen version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2022, 02:18 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goma76
I'm a PC player too, hoping for modding community, but this year the distance from next gen is not only from graphical part of the game

The gameplay in term of IA is completely different and CZar confirms this fact. They have made a big step forward on next gen version.
I wouldn't really say "completely" different tbh. But believe what you want ofcourse, at the end of the day next gen has to be sold more to people, you know.

Pnr defense, help defense and cutter are all good on current gen,too as well as the movement is on another step and the animations blending is great,too.

Last edited by ataman5; 09-09-2022 at 02:20 PM.
Old 09-09-2022, 02:33 PM   #13
MVP

I got you covered up guys, i got the game, been playing some and also played some very very bbadly on youtube as well..

This is my first game first ever taking the controls myself..

Part 1 1st half and i got my first buzzerbeater in my first ever game,too on the half.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVnsdWqWMJ8

Part2 will come as well as a PNO game i got in which user quitted, lol.

Also i got online just to get some time with the game and pardon as i'm utterly most definitely bad with the game atm. I'll keep getting live and playing,too so if you come by to chat or watch etc. please do and you're all welcome Current Gen guys or those who wonder if there is that much difference, which i doubt so tbh.

This was my live stream, it's in a different language but if you come by we'll chat accordingly in english, no worries...

https://youtu.be/eivRn7z8wsc?

And this is my channel i hope to keep simnation alive on current gen streets! Thats my channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ataman5

Last edited by ataman5; 09-09-2022 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09-09-2022, 03:46 PM   #14
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

ataman5 or anyone else with the game: How are the fast breaks and player movements in transition? 2k22 had these horrible hesitation dribble animations which would allow the defense to catch up to you basically nullifying fast breaks off of turnovers. It was beyond frustrating. Also, the movement sliders didn't seem to work either in 22. Has that been resolved? Do you guys feel it plays different enough to recommend a purchase? I'm on PC.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 09-09-2022, 03:59 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
ataman5 or anyone else with the game: How are the fast breaks and player movements in transition? 2k22 had these horrible hesitation dribble animations which would allow the defense to catch up to you basically nullifying fast breaks off of turnovers. It was beyond frustrating. Also, the movement sliders didn't seem to work either in 22. Has that been resolved? Do you guys feel it plays different enough to recommend a purchase? I'm on PC.
What I'm seeing is fastbreak are fixed, no more hesitation when the player put the ball on the floor. The movement in general seems improved.
My doubt regards the ability tu run plays from the CPU; from the video that Ataman posted (GS vs BOS), the CPU often forces the dribble inside the restricted area instead researching an open shoot from the arc. If you compare to next gen you'll see a lot of drive and kick from CPU and a lot of three points attemps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2022, 04:03 PM   #16
Rookie

Does the Switch version have the same features as PC or PS5? Era, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »