Home

How to get the the cpu to run more different plays?

This is a discussion on How to get the the cpu to run more different plays? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Undisputed Beta Impressions - Now I Just Want It More
Draft Day Sports: Pro Football 2023 Review - Another Winner
Five Wrestlers Who Should Replace CM Punk on the AEW Fight Forever Cover
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2022, 10:14 AM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Mar 2003
How to get the the cpu to run more different plays?

CPU (and my team when i have playcalling to auto) is running the same plays over and over again. No variety whatsoever.

I sucpect, that they only run freelance plays - no plays (or only a few) from the playbook.

Is this a bug?

Or am i the only one experiencing this?
frank70 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2022, 10:52 AM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 378
Re: How to get the the cpu to run more different plays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank70
CPU (and my team when i have playcalling to auto) is running the same plays over and over again. No variety whatsoever.

I sucpect, that they only run freelance plays - no plays (or only a few) from the playbook.

Is this a bug?

Or am i the only one experiencing this?

I also observe this and its pretty disapppointing. I see no movement like in real basketball. My team esp, playcall on auto or even if I choose something like get scorers open. Player just stands there dribbling the ball, nobody tries to get open for a pass. no apparent play being run at all as far as I can tell.


Yes sometimes something happens, alley oop, someone getting in the paint but so often they all just stand around. My team and the opponent.
jkeefeholmes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 11:01 AM   #3
MVP
 
tcnumba10's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Nov 2008
Re: How to get the the cpu to run more different plays?

Unfortunately it’s always been like this for years for user and cpu teams. Even when you add plays in the team’s playbook, the cpu will only run 1-2 top plays with little to no variety.

I might experiment and change the coach’s settings from dynamic to static or do not repeat on successful plays to see if that makes a difference.
__________________
2018-2019 NBA Champions!
tcnumba10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 11:07 AM   #4
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 378
Re: How to get the the cpu to run more different plays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Unfortunately it’s always been like this for years for user and cpu teams. Even when you add plays in the team’s playbook, the cpu will only run 1-2 top plays with little to no variety.

I might experiment and change the coach’s settings from dynamic to static or do not repeat on successful plays to see if that makes a difference.

What else is there but user and cpu teams? Maybe I misunderstand that.

I was just now thinking of cranking up the sliders for attack basket, posts, backdoor cuts. Wonder if that will help any. Very disappointing.


I am surprised the game is so popular if it is apparently so unrealistic. I must be missing something.

Last edited by jkeefeholmes; 10-05-2022 at 11:09 AM.
jkeefeholmes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 11:16 AM   #5
MVP
 
tcnumba10's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Nov 2008
Re: How to get the the cpu to run more different plays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeefeholmes
What else is there but user and cpu teams? Maybe I misunderstand that.

I was just now thinking of cranking up the sliders for attack basket, posts, backdoor cuts. Wonder if that will help any. Very disappointing.


I am surprised the game is so popular if it is apparently so unrealistic. I must be missing something.
You can also experiment with the Run Plays in the Coach’s profile screen, maybe raise it to 100 or put it at 0 and see if there’s any difference. It might be rabbit hole though…
__________________
2018-2019 NBA Champions!
tcnumba10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2022, 11:29 AM   #6
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Mar 2003
Re: How to get the the cpu to run more different plays?

Is DaCsar aware of that problem?

I mean it has to be a ton of work to implement all those plays into the game. It's a shame that the cpu doesn't use them.

That should be easily patchable, wright?
frank70 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 11:37 AM   #7
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 378
Re: How to get the the cpu to run more different plays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank70
Is DaCsar aware of that problem?

I mean it has to be a ton of work to implement all those plays into the game. It's a shame that the cpu doesn't use them.

That should be easily patchable, wright?

Given that tcnumba said here, its been happening forever, I would guess they don't care. It's beyond me. Wouldn't surpise me if it was EA, but...
jkeefeholmes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 11:41 AM   #8
MVP
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Sep 2008
Blog Entries: 2
Re: How to get the the cpu to run more different plays?

My philosophy is just keep people moving. If we are moving forward, then I don't do anything except try to score, if people stopped, I step on the spot and look at where people are moving and decide from there. If things get weird, I might tap pick n roll to make people move again. Remember lead passes. They still work to control where the players are going, but the cpu is a bit better at stealing them.



The playbook is largely irrelevant, to me, because it's such a hassle to call a play IMO. That would be the one thing I'd want coms for haha. I mean, the way I play, there doesn't need to be anything except movement, spacing, some pin downs. Get some isos w/e.



-Smak
ILLSmak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:51 AM.
Top -